Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2023, 11:04 AM

5,777 posts, read 11,429,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
German series Murder in the coalfields”
Hard to say yet
Like female detective
I finished watching this series, which was pretty good for a German TV production. I watched in the original German audio, so can't say how the subtitles or English language dubbing was. It was filmed in an area called Oberlausitz about 1.5 hours northeast of my location in Chemnitz. The open pit coalfields are still in high gear feeding the coal-burning power plants, needed to make up for the lack of Russian natural gas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2023, 12:34 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,315,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
All Quiet on the Western Front- Phenomenal film, surprised at the ending. I haven't seen the original, the ending is somewhat similar. Hard to explain w/o giving it away.
The Recruit- Surprised me, and its really good.
Love in Blind S4- Only a couple episodes in but Micah and Irina seem like ticking time bombs
We liked that one, too. We've watched a couple episodes of Night Agent, and it reminds us of The Recruit. Looks good so far.

Old 03-29-2023, 02:32 PM

5,054 posts, read 7,256,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I loved everything about After Life. Genius.

Just finished After Life and thought the ending was one of the best and most moving finales ever. I'm a grown man and it actually made me tear up. I've started watching Derek also by Ricky Gervais. The man can really make some quality programming.

Old 03-29-2023, 03:47 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,478,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Watched episode 1 of that new Waco documentary.

Meh so far.

Yeah. It was really lacking in detail. Was hoping for more after having seen all the other famous ones.
The only thing I took away from it was the resilient arrogance of a couple of the federal agents they interviewed, particularly the one HRT sniper.

Old 03-29-2023, 04:20 PM

661 posts, read 2,901,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Just finished After Life and thought the ending was one of the best and most moving finales ever. I'm a grown man and it actually made me tear up. I've started watching Derek also by Ricky Gervais. The man can really make some quality programming.
Living under this 70 year old rock, I didn't know who Ricky Gervais was. I love this man! Loved the show and the premise. And the series finale was so wonderful.

Old 03-29-2023, 04:48 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,315,698 times
Quote:
I agree, those were both great. I would say that After Life, especially, is one of the best shows I've ever seen. It's funny how Gervais, acerbic as he can be, can also make some of the most touching scenes ever.

Old 03-29-2023, 04:59 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,635,388 times
RRR (a Bollywood movie from India)

Did anyone else watch this? It was kind of hokey pokey and over-the-top, and the costuming/hair was awful, but on the other hand the story was enthralling and I watched the whole thing and pretty much enjoyed it.

One of those random Netflix recommendations that turned out to be a good choice.

Old 03-30-2023, 05:00 AM

2,415 posts, read 1,596,312 times
Quote:
what I love and hate about Rickey Gervais is that he is capable of writing scripts like Derek and After Life that expose the pure humanity of the man, yet on stage delivering his stand-up he can be so cruel, as seen presenting the awards shows in the US its almost like he has two personas

Old 03-30-2023, 06:20 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,487,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
what I love and hate about Rickey Gervais is that he is capable of writing scripts like Derek and After Life that expose the pure humanity of the man, yet on stage delivering his stand-up he can be so cruel, as seen presenting the awards shows in the US its almost like he has two personas
Yes he is truly gifted, but, I sort of had a love hate thing going on when it came to his live performances, still, I enjoy him as and entertaining overall.

Old 03-30-2023, 06:26 AM

2,719 posts, read 1,222,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
Too much to miss with having to read what they are saying. And if you miss what they are saying, none of it makes sense.
If you can check you cable options in settings. You may be able to change the speed of language. I can change my language and captions to a slower rate. You might be able to with your remote. I have a Roku so maybe that is how I can too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV