Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 08:29 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
It really is unfair to have 12-year-olds compete against 8-year-olds. Besides the 4 years of culinary experience, there's a lot of physicality involved in cooking that benefits the bigger kids like Samuel.
I won't entirely disagree with you.. But.. The kids made the choice (or, perhaps the parents did) for them to compete at 8 years old. The show seems to have legs, so.. there really isn't any risk in waiting a few years to have them compete. First season, yes.. There was risk, because noone knew if it would be the only go-round or not.

Troy from S1 actually was a ringer, I think. He's got several acting credits from before S1.

As for the 'cuteness'.. That's what everyone was saying about the kid who wore the hawaiian shirts last year. Sure there'll be another one that takes the 'cute' title next season.

I saw something on my Facebook feed about bloopers from S2 today.. Ah.. There it is.. Just watched it.. Oona-heavy. Nothing massively funny, but.. Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?adbid=...&v=9bd6DVzxLR8

And there's a clip of interaction between Graham and Samuel that could be interpreted as Graham acknowledging Samuel's.. Whatever it is with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 02:31 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
everybody ready for Samuel to win tonight? LOL

I don't think Logan has a chance. There's been this "golden boy" aura about Samuel since the show started. He's by far the most mature kid on the show this season, and I guess the chefs recognize that.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:05 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
My money is on Logan. I could be broke by morning....

Old 12-16-2014, 05:20 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,730 times
The winner was chosen before the first episode, which is why Adaiah was eliminated for burnt garlic. She consistently put out great dishes, yet one mistake sent her home. Samuel has made many mistakes throughout the season, yet he wasn't sent home. It reminds of the Courtney debacle on Master Chef. This franchise has truly taken a nosedive these past two seasons (one for the adults and one for the children). I'm disappointed, because I really liked it in past seasons.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:02 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
I'm not sure the winner was already chosen by the first episode, but I do believe they set the kids up to some degree. Adaiah was so quiet, then kind of burst on the scene, so I thought she was being groomed to be in the finals, so I was shocked it was Logan and Samuel, instead. Logan's no match for Samuel, so maybe that's the key ~~ a lopsided victory.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:44 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Samuel told the judges that he waas going for medium rare on his fish. The judges said it was perfect, even though it was clearly more cooked than medium rare. Then during deliberation, Joe commented that it was a perfect medium. That's a significant mistake.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:45 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Adaiah was so quiet, then kind of burst on the scene, so I thought she was being groomed to be in the finals, so I was shocked it was Logan and Samuel, instead. Logan's no match for Samuel, so maybe that's the key ~~ a lopsided victory.
I agree completely. Logan is a nice kid and all, but he had no business being in the finals over Adaiah. I also feel that they almost chose Logan to make it easier and/or more of a "sure thing" victory in the finals.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:08 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Adaiah was so quiet, then kind of burst on the scene, so I thought she was being groomed to be in the finals.
Or maybe that's just how some kids (and adults) act when they're in a new environment with people they haven't gotten to know yet.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:38 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,218 times
I was surprised at the outcome. Pleasantly so!!

Old 12-17-2014, 09:01 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
I was surprised at the outcome. Pleasantly so!!
Me too, especially after seeing Samuel's ungracious response to Logan's win.

On an unrelated note, maybe it's the color settings on my TV, but it appears as if Samuel is already going grey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV