Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 02:09 PM

5,550 posts, read 7,148,467 times

Advertisements

I switched to CBS a year ago. I will take Charlie Rose, Gayle King and Norah O'Donnell any day. At least they are professional and not overdoing it trying to entertain us.

I used to watch the Today show, but Matt Lauer is so full of himself it hurts to watch. The only time I like it is when he is interviewing Ann Coulter and she puts him in his place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 06:36 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,151,891 times
I know it must hard for Natalie and Willie to go to work with rumors like that flying around

Old 11-22-2014, 08:08 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,781,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
"MTV 'Street Cred'"? I would argue that such a thing doesn't exist. LOL.

Seriously, I get what you are saying--however, I still havent found anyone from 8 to 80 that thinks he is great, so I still dont get the appeal as somone else said. I think he is below talented...
You caught my drift. I like him but he's a personality and an announcer NOT a journalist. His style is dry and sarcastic which works with teens because he's the smartest in the room. But it's delusional with real critical experienced professionals. He's like the snarky know it all little brother in over his head.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:26 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,882,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Essie View Post
It is amazing how a show that was so good could just a few years ago could have turned so bad this quickly. Thore more "talent" they add, the worse it gets! I am talking specifically about Jenna Bush-Hager, Tamron Hall, and Carson Daly. Who on earth made the call to hire these people? Bush-Hager's features sound like something a high school broadcast lab student put together. Tamron Hall just screeches incessantly and really needs to wipe off that maniacal grin, and Carson Daly? He is so out of place on a network news show that I really don't know where to begin....... As for Savannah Guthrie, she has no personality and no magnetic ability to draw people in. She is just there and you can't be "just there" on a show that strives to attract millions of viewers. She was fine with limited exposure as a legal reporter. I don't find Willie Geist annoying but I do find him too bland to be interesting. Oh man, I really, really want to like this show! I've been a loyal viewer since the 1980s and I don't want this show to crash and burn. I agree that Matt can be arrogant but the same edge that makes him arrogant gives him that edge that makes him interesting. IMHO, I also think he happens to be very good at what he does. The only one who comes close to matching him as a talented morning show personality is Natalie Morales. She is the one who should have gotten the co-host gig when Meredith Vieira left. Like somebody else said, Ann Curry was very classy, yes. But she was a terrible pick for co-host! Smart, beautiful and classy does not translate into talented morning host! Her awkwardness made the show difficult to watch. I've heard that Natalie would have been the choice to replace Meredith Vieira had it not been for her affair with Matt. This supposedly enraged Matt's wife, who demanded that Natalie not be chosen. How stupid to allow Matt's wife to make a call that probably jettisoned this show into a tailspin! For me, what would save the show would be to have Matt Lauer and Natalie Morales as co-hosts. Savannah Guthrie can do features and legal spots or take on the role as host of the 9 o'clock hour, and if she finds this too demeaning, go elsewhere. No great loss there. Willie Geist can stay on as 9 o'clock host but should maintain only a limited presence from 7-9, if at all in that time slot. I think Savannah and Willie would be great together on the less edgy, fluffier, milquetoastier 9 o'clock hour. Immediately, the brass should fire Jenna Bush-Hager, Tamron Hall and definitely Carson Daly. Pay off their contracts if needed. Saving the show and ultimately regaining the No.1 spot is more important.
Jenna Bush Hager (not hyphenated, BTW) is a contributor, and certainly doesn't appear enough to impact the show. Tamron Hall, on the other hand, is there daily (along with her MSNBC gig). She should go, and take Carson Daly (whose dis of veterans barely registered a blip on the Old News media) with her; Hager can stay.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:54 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,151,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Jenna Bush Hager (not hyphenated, BTW) is a contributor, and certainly doesn't appear enough to impact the show. Tamron Hall, on the other hand, is there daily (along with her MSNBC gig). She should go, and take Carson Daly (whose dis of veterans barely registered a blip on the Old News media) with her; Hager can stay.
The people I want to go are

Jenna Bush

Tamron Hall

Carson Daly

My favorites are

Matt

Al

Natalie

Dylan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV