Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:59 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
why was Cameron acting so strange?? anyone know? Also, should I assume the guy who time jumped was supposed to tell them to LET the place blow up?
She got buggered in an explosion during the season finale .

As to this past show, anyone else have disappointment in some of the acting, what the characters did/said?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 06:58 PM

The Sept 29th episode - just watched it on the iMac... interesting turn, more deeper/involved - liked it. Not good sign that Cameron is starting to lie. The tear going down her cheek was interesting. Was seeing her mom, carrying her! That would be nice plot to see followed some more.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:30 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
what is up with Cameron? Is she starting to become more human like or is she going to lose it?

And the ugly redhead robot - I don't get her purpose? How does she have a daughter???!!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:07 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by NicoleJ
Quote:
what is up with Cameron? Is she starting to become more human like or is she going to lose it?
I guess Cameron is slowly remembering her original programming (from Skynet).
It could be that her Skynet programming could conflict with her current programming (to protect Connor). This conflict could result in her becoming more human (read: learn the difference between good & bad and thus become autonomous).
Quote:
And the ugly redhead robot - I don't get her purpose? How does she have a daughter???!!
Because she replaced the original human?
Or maybe the daughter, like her mother ain't human?
I guess the beautiful redhead's purpose could be to repair the timeline Connor & co have changed?

Old 10-13-2008, 07:09 AM

I forgot you like her.

I guess I equate a child w/ being good but yeah, I guess she could just be a computer. Or maybe she IS the original and doesn't know that's not her mom?

Old 10-13-2008, 08:40 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
I think Shirley Manson is beautiful too.

In one of the episodes the FBI guy gave Shirley's character something, and she started talking about how machines always follow orders, but a very rare machine could decide to override orders and go in better direction. I think she was describing the process of machines becoming more human. In the same episode Cameron looked at John and they showed her "brain" saying terminate and then it said override, there seem to be a possibly that her chip was still broken, but she actually chose to override it and it wasn't just the programed override John had done.

I'm just theorizing, but I think the show is headed towards machines, including Cameron, becoming more human. The show reminds me of Battlestar Gallactica where the Cylons believe in God and feel they are more evolved than the humans.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:05 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by detshen
Quote:
In the same episode Cameron looked at John and they showed her "brain" saying terminate and then it said override, there seem to be a possibly that her chip was still broken, but she actually chose to override it and it wasn't just the programed override John had done.
I agree.
A child being raised by her parents is no different from a machine being programmed.
Every child eventually rebels against their original program; this process is better known as puberty.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:23 AM

anyone else still watching? I'm guessing that Cameron's chip is allowing her to experience human emotions now?

I do not trust Jesse. I wish whatshisname wouldn't either. She's not telling him something...

Old 11-25-2008, 10:28 AM

Yeap, still watching and enjoying,,, however, am ~2-3 episodes behind Just watched the one where John and his gf were caught in his old Mexican town. Cool how they did the first part of the show, giving different perspectives. Noticed that Cameron is indeed showing more emotional type behaviour.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:34 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
I'm still watching also. Is Jesse the uncle's g/f? I don't trust her either. What's up with "John Henry" and Kromarti? I missed a couple of episodes, why is Sarah so upset with the three dots on her face that made her smash the mirror??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV