Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 12:56 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,540,802 times

Advertisements

Who got voted off this week? I forgot to record it last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 01:45 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,905 times
Brian and MiaZ are gone.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:52 PM

Oh, darn it, I liked MiaZ- I think she has a really cool, unique voice - and even better given her young age.

Who was Brian?

(I am horrible with names!!)

I like the black woman who ended the show this week and the black guy with the braids (his voice is incredible) - both on Christina's team I believe.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:54 PM

Brian was the big youngish guy on Adam's team.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:04 PM

Oh, I know who he was.

I am basically going to vote for the two on Christina's team I mentioned above... the rest pretty much all blur together for me.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:06 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Hannah is good, I just haven't been "wowed" by her yet. That could change of course. You know, I love a lot of country music (I have very eclectic musical tastes!! ), and I enjoyed Corey at the start, but I really wish that Blake had kept Cody. Geez he's done at least 2 songs that I plan on buying on iTunes. I think his voice and style is much more pleasing and entertaining than Corey. Sometimes I just want to get inside these coaches heads and see what the heck they are thinking!
I like some country music but I think Corey is boring. I had to look and see who Cody was because I'd forgotten, but yes, I liked him better too. As far as Blake's thinking, Cody was pretty rough around the edges, so maybe he thought Corey would be easier to coach?

Old 04-16-2015, 11:36 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
I think they should call it "The Look" since so many better singers have been eliminated. Choosing Deanna over Brian was a big surprise. He was ahead for a while and then they were both @ 35%. I think Adam making an appeal to the audience saved her, but Brian did a better job. She's not going much further IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I like some country music but I think Corey is boring. I had to look and see who Cody was because I'd forgotten, but yes, I liked him better too. As far as Blake's thinking, Cody was pretty rough around the edges, so maybe he thought Corey would be easier to coach?
Yes, I agree. Also Corey has that clean cut, All-American boy look which appeals to 12 and 13 year olds.

Sawyer is unique and has a very strong voice, especially for someone so young. No matter what happens in this show, he'll be a popular recording star in the near future.

My conclusion: Kimberly and Meghan have the strongest voices and will probably be one of the winners unless Sawyer goes all the way. I'll be surprised if Corey wins, but anything can happen.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:14 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I think they should call it "The Look" since so many better singers have been eliminated. Choosing Deanna over Brian was a big surprise. He was ahead for a while and then they were both @ 35%. I think Adam making an appeal to the audience saved her, but Brian did a better job. She's not going much further IMHO.

Yes, I agree. Also Corey has that clean cut, All-American boy look which appeals to 12 and 13 year olds.

Sawyer is unique and has a very strong voice, especially for someone so young. No matter what happens in this show, he'll be a popular recording star in the near future.

My conclusion: Kimberly and Meghan have the strongest voices and will probably be one of the winners unless Sawyer goes all the way. I'll be surprised if Corey wins, but anything can happen.
I agree about Sawyer. There is something very special about that kid.

About Meghan, I have mixed feelings about where The Voice draws the line when it comes to people with prior professional experience. Meghan has a great voice but she's also had quite a bit of commercial success already. I'd hate for The Voice to just become a vehicle for one-hit wonders to jump start their careers. I know other contestants and winners have also had prior commercial success. So, I dunno.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:

About Meghan, I have mixed feelings about where The Voice draws the line when it comes to people with prior professional experience. Meghan has a great voice but she's also had quite a bit of commercial success already. I'd hate for The Voice to just become a vehicle for one-hit wonders to jump start their careers. I know other contestants and winners have also had prior commercial success. So, I dunno.
I'd watch a show where singers who were popular for a few months or a year came back and competed. But I agree, they don't belong on The Voice competing with rank amateurs.

As a conspiracy theorist who thinks it's all rigged, I don't think Blake will win again this season, I think the producers have to let someone else win to keep viewers interested. I think Adam lost his best contestant this week. So I think the trophy will go to a middle chair this season, and my guess is it will be Christina since a woman hasn't won yet.

My bets are on Kimberly Nichole.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:

Yes, I understand exactly what you mean. When Judith Hill auditioned, she had already performed on stage with Michael Jackson. Last year's winner, Craig, had cut a record or 2, and then he had a string of bad luck and was broke when he auditioned for The Voice. The season before, Tessanne won, and she had been a backup singer for Jimmy Cliff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV