Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 08:17 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I have finally figured out why I can't stand Megan. I couldn't put my finger on it before. She completely lacks humility. There is not an ounce of it in her.
I'm not crazy about Megan either, but I don't chalk it up to lack of humility. To me she seems desperate and desperation is never attractive. Her smiles look forced and they don't make it to her eyes. She can sing, but I feel uncomfortable watching her.

OTOH, I never get tired of watching Sawyer. With good management, I really think he could be a big deal. If anything is going to hold him back it will be that his style and preferred types of music are very retro. But Pharrell seems determined to do help him out, so whatever happens he'll have some chance at a career in music.

I also always enjoy Kimberly Nicole--such a strong voice and she always lays it all out there.

I started out being a big Hannah fan but haven't liked her last couple of performances. She's better when she seems to be having lots of fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 08:29 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I have finally figured out why I can't stand Megan. I couldn't put my finger on it before. She completely lacks humility. There is not an ounce of it in her.

That's why I don't like Kimberly Nichole or Hannah either. Kimberly has a tremendous ego. Hannah does also, but at least you can tell she enjoys performing, and she doesn't just think she's all that. I love Sawyer. His voice is so unique, and he is just very cool. But as others have said, I'd really like it if he got a haircut and got rid of the hat too. I'm not a fan of Coryn either. Too much vibrato and lack of control. I was shocked that Mia Z got voted off. She has an awesome blues voice, and even cooler, a one in a million voice with her whistle register. That's a rare talent to have. (Mariah Carey also has it-listen to her song Emotions as an example).

I think Joshua is a very bland singer and am surprised he's still around, as well as the country guy whose name I can't remember. He's probably the weakest country contestant I've ever seen. He has a limited range, no falsetto, no depth, and his voice doesn't carry in the room even. He also doesn't exude a lot of stage personality. I'm puzzled as to why he hasn't been eliminated. I think Blake knows he's weak too. He seems hard pressed for compliments on his own contestant! I'm pegging India for the winner. She is an amazing singer and can sing anything thrown at her. She is also very classy all around.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:47 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That's why I don't like Kimberly Nichole or Hannah either. Kimberly has a tremendous ego. Hannah does also, but at least you can tell she enjoys performing, and she doesn't just think she's all that. I love Sawyer. His voice is so unique, and he is just very cool. But as others have said, I'd really like it if he got a haircut and got rid of the hat too. I'm not a fan of Coryn either. Too much vibrato and lack of control. I was shocked that Mia Z got voted off. She has an awesome blues voice, and even cooler, a one in a million voice with her whistle register. That's a rare talent to have. (Mariah Carey also has it-listen to her song Emotions as an example).

I think Joshua is a very bland singer and am surprised he's still around, as well as the country guy whose name I can't remember. He's probably the weakest country contestant I've ever seen. He has a limited range, no falsetto, no depth, and his voice doesn't carry in the room even. He also doesn't exude a lot of stage personality. I'm puzzled as to why he hasn't been eliminated. I think Blake knows he's weak too. He seems hard pressed for compliments on his own contestant! I'm pegging India for the winner. She is an amazing singer and can sing anything thrown at her. She is also very classy all around.
I agree 100% about Joshua and Corey. Can't believe they're still around when Rob went home.

I disagree about Kimberly though--she does have a tough-chick persona, but I still don't find her off-putting. India is technically perfect and I agree that she's very classy, but I'm always sort of bored when she's singing. Maybe it's just me.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:13 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Totally disagree about Joshua. He has a beautiful voice, absolutely PERFECT pitch, and could easily be singing on the radio. I expect that he will get picked up for a contract after the show.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:16 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I'm not crazy about Megan either, but I don't chalk it up to lack of humility. To me she seems desperate and desperation is never attractive. Her smiles look forced and they don't make it to her eyes. She can sing, but I feel uncomfortable watching her.

OTOH, I never get tired of watching Sawyer. With good management, I really think he could be a big deal. If anything is going to hold him back it will be that his style and preferred types of music are very retro. But Pharrell seems determined to do help him out, so whatever happens he'll have some chance at a career in music.

I also always enjoy Kimberly Nicole--such a strong voice and she always lays it all out there.

I started out being a big Hannah fan but haven't liked her last couple of performances. She's better when she seems to be having lots of fun.
I disagree. I really like Megan. Nothing wrong with knowing one is good.

I agree about Sawyer somewhat. He has an interesting deep voice, but IMO I'm not sure if he'll go anywhere long term.

As far as Kimberly Nicole, I wish she was gone yesterday. She does not have variety in her voice and
screams too much. Even with "Over the Rainbow, she lacked the softness and vulnerability in voice
to make it enjoyable to listen to.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:23 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
But as others have said, I'd really like it if he got a haircut and got rid of the hat too.
It's funny because I was saying the same thing to my husband last night. His response was, "Well that is
who he is". My response was "Can't we take him off of the farm, a little?"

Old 04-28-2015, 10:28 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Can't stand Hannah or Megan. Didn't like Megan from her very first performance.

If I were buying music, I'd probably only buy Sawyer and Joshua. That over the top belting gets old. Though Koryn is definitely improving each week.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:30 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I disagree. I really like Megan. Nothing wrong with knowing one is good.

I agree about Sawyer somewhat. He has an interesting deep voice, but IMO I'm not sure if he'll go anywhere long term.

As far as Kimberly Nicole, I wish she was gone yesterday. She does not have variety in her voice and
screams too much. Even with "Over the Rainbow, she lacked the softness and vulnerability in voice
to make it enjoyable to listen to.
India did Over the Rainbow, not Kimberly.

I hated her version of it too. Have never liked India.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:33 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Best moment of the night? When Carson told Blake (after he mumbled some non-answer to a question) "mesmerizing as usual." LOL

Old 04-28-2015, 11:08 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I agree 100% about Joshua and Corey. Can't believe they're still around when Rob went home.

I disagree about Kimberly though--she does have a tough-chick persona, but I still don't find her off-putting. India is technically perfect and I agree that she's very classy, but I'm always sort of bored when she's singing. Maybe it's just me.
Nope. I always return phone calls or go outside etc. when India is singing.

I'm SOOOO glad it isn't just me who thinks the males are the weakest right now. It was nice to hear Fields of Gold, but I don't know what the coaches found so engaging and awesome about his performance.

I like Hannah's performance. She never fit for me prior to last night when she announced she wanted her career to be in theater. Those looking for a soulfull or different type of experience probably won't get it.

I haven't always been able to watch the Voice due to work. Have there been other theatrical singers?

I have to be honest and say I have no idea who will win. I clearly don't understand what U.S. residents are getting from some of the contestants. I still wonder if many are voting on age and the potential of the three teens.

Good discussion.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV