Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 10:00 AM

152 posts, read 174,838 times

Advertisements

'Real Housewife' Meghan King Edmonds, husband Jim Edmonds buy a home in Newport Beach - LA Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
I'm going to stick up for Meghans husband. I don't think he is comfortable being on the show. He looks like he wishes he was anywhere else but on tv. He is a real good ball player and I enjoyed watching him play with the Cardinals.
Never thought of it that way, I just really hate the way he treats Meghan. Maybe as the season goes on will change my opinion.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:52 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,317,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear999 View Post
Never thought of it that way, I just really hate the way he treats Meghan. Maybe as the season goes on will change my opinion.

Never heard anything negative about Jim Edmonds while he was playing for the Cardinals. He just doesn't act like he is comfortable being filmed. I also think he doesn't like Meghan acting nasty or trying to start trouble which is why I think he told her she should have used her married name when she called Shannon. I just don't see him treating her bad just stand offish and uncomfortable. He is buying her a house because she doesn't want to live in the house he lived in with his ex-wife (I don't blame her for that either) so he can't treat her to bad.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:54 AM

2,023 posts, read 3,249,718 times
$2.8 million? That's a far cry from the $10 million dollar mansion with an OCEAN VIEW that she was boasting about! Heck, his last home sold for $6.75 million. This new house is definitely a downgrade.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:07 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,249,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
Never heard anything negative about Jim Edmonds while he was playing for the Cardinals. He just doesn't act like he is comfortable being filmed. I also think he doesn't like Meghan acting nasty or trying to start trouble which is why I think he told her she should have used her married name when she called Shannon. I just don't see him treating her bad just stand offish and uncomfortable. He is buying her a house because she doesn't want to live in the house he lived in with his ex-wife (I don't blame her for that either) so he can't treat her to bad.
I've heard the opposite--that he's always been a jerk and treated fellow players poorly. It's odd that he's uncomfortable filming. In fact, according to Andy Cohen's tell all book, Jim's been BEGGING to join the cast for years. He had his ex wife Allison try out for the show back in 2012 while they were still married!

Old 07-09-2015, 06:23 AM

Just got caught up with everything and watched the episode with Vicki's mom passing away. Wow, this was heart wrenching to watch, I had tears streaming. I thought the scene was too long, and then everybody that came to her at the party she had to tell over and over again as to what happened.

You know what though, if they would have only filmed 5 minutes of the scene people would have been complaining too, that it was insensitive to only show so little time about her mom passing. It's hard hearing and watching stuff about people passing away because you feel like it's your own mom, child, sister, etc. It was so sad to hear her brother crying on the phone and him explaining how he found her. Once again, it was a very long, sad scene.

As far as Shannon extending an olive branch to Meghan, I just about went crazy when Shannon called Meghan and Meghan was STILL on the fence about going to Shannon's Bunco party!!! Meghan just won't drop it! Get over it. Obviously she did because she did show up at Shannon's party. It was so funny that Shannon said "of course Meghan would have to be the first one to show up." I have said it again and again, I know Shannon is wacky but I just love her, I find a very likable quality in her.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:32 AM

3,079 posts, read 5,521,654 times
It was really hard to watch Vicki break down but I did feel it went on too long. I would have walked off camera to grieve in private but that's me.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:38 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,088,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear999 View Post
I can see them getting divorced in the next 5 years or less. She is too young for him. They are trying too hard, have too much baggage they have on their mind and it doesn't seem natural the way they are with each other. This isn't going to last.

I find it very wrong that Shannons children even know that her husband cheated. It's none of their business what problems they have and they should have been protected from that information, it is only going to harm them. And the situation where he apologized to his kids for cheating on their mom - WTF???? RIDICULOUS!

Old 07-09-2015, 10:12 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,986,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I can see them getting divorced in the next 5 years or less. She is too young for him. They are trying too hard, have too much baggage they have on their mind and it doesn't seem natural the way they are with each other. This isn't going to last.

I find it very wrong that Shannons children even know that her husband cheated. It's none of their business what problems they have and they should have been protected from that information, it is only going to harm them. And the situation where he apologized to his kids for cheating on their mom - WTF???? RIDICULOUS!
One of the daughter's found out by looking at his phone. She saw the messages between her dad and his mistress. So, I can understand why he apologized to them.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:30 PM

22,450 posts, read 29,621,683 times
I felt bad for Vicki but I felt it should have been taken off screen.

How does Brooks still have hair after 3 rounds of chemo????

Shannon is a whackball.

Jim hates his wife
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV