Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 04:00 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,204,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Yoga Joe is now Survivor MacGyver. What will he be next epi?
Pretty spiffy taking those fishing nets making hammocks. Fishing must be good where they are not needing the net oh wait his tribe is the one winning the advantages. Reckon they haven't missed the rice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I disagree about them using Abi for numbers only. Jeff already made a comment about how Abi would be the perfect person to sit next to in final three. I believe that it is truly where his head is. It's just a bonus that she also happen s to help number wise in the alliance.

I think it is dumb that they are switching things up already. To me it smells like a survivor executive conspiracy to keep Spencer in the game. Really lame. It would have been interesting to see how the 7 person alliance would have turned on themselves after voting Spencer out next.
Well taking her to final 2 or 3 is using her for numbers too to get whomever is taking her to the final spot. She won't make it that long she'll get on folks nerves in the new tribe & off she'll go.

I have to go offer up some sample baked goods before I can delight y'all again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 06:03 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,477,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I'm glad SOMEBODY said it!

I don't feel sorry for Abi AT ALL. She starts fights, she manufactures perceived slights, she's antagonistic. And when someone finally says "what the heck is your problem?", she acts like a victim. I freaking despise that sort of behavior.

If she had actually been vulnerable, she might have shown a smidge of humility. But...Abi is the sort who always believes she's right and she's not responsible for how anyone treats her. If she actually felt bad because she actually believed no one liked her because she actually thought she was unlikeable...then I'd feel bad for her.

However, she's just saying those things for sympathy. I think she actually thinks of herself as a great person to be around...all crocodile tears and nonsense. I suppose I feel strongly about this because I know someone like her...and her act is all a bunch of crap.

If you want sympathy, Abi, look in the dictionary between sh.t and syphilis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
she got more than she bargained for but when she was dishing it out she had no regard for the person she was antagonizing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
I know right! Watch out for this guy ... I'm keeping my eye on him.

I didn't feel sorry for Abi either .... I can't stand a person who is nasty to everyone and then when people go back at them they play the "oh woe is me ... poor me" victim card.

Not a good look, imho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
It's only been a week since Abi, who was going to play so different and be so different this season, promptly flipped out on P.G. over a worthless stupid bracelet that, even if P.G. were inclined to ruin her whole game to steal, hopefully she'd have better taste and would steal something really cool. Then said she wasn't going to tell anyone. Then ran and told everyone.

Abi's personality type limits her to situations where there is no penalty for blurting out whatever is on her mind. You can put $1M on the line, and it'll hold back the blurt for fifteen minutes maybe. She has no empathy for how her confrontation impacted P.G. (or could have). Abi-Maria fails my fundamental narcissism test, which is simple: if you put eight of the same personality in the same space, with different looks and voices but the exact same way of thinking, would there be any way for them to get along, or would they kill each other because each must be The Only One Who Matters? Abi's world depends upon no one else taking her exact same outlook. That means her outlook is pretty toxic and unbalanced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I agree I hope he goes deep in the game.

I read somewhere Shirin & Spencer are close friends now neither one of them have strong people skills.

I agree Abi can dish it out but not take it where it gets over the top is when more folks get involved. One person getting attacked by 3 or more is not necessary no matter what the situation. For all of them to be laughing & talking about her under the shelter was hurtful after the fact. That is Jr. high behavior I don't cotton to that.

Abi has a false sense of belonging in Terry & Jeff they are going to use her for numbers only just like her old alliance was. Only Terry showed a compassionate side, which will help him in the game too, to make her feel wanted. He very well could have been feeling sorry for her crying all alone but he was also wanting her to join his alliance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Abi reminds me of the middle school drama queens I have taught. They can be meaner than crap but if someone so much as say boo to them they have a meltdown. She will not get off my TV screen soon enough.

On the other hand, I'm quite happy Spenser is staying on my TV screen at least a little longer.
Quoting all these comments about Abi because I agree. Now somewhere I remember either Terry or Jeff, I can't remember which, saying that he was going to play Abi and then dump her. That's going to be history repeating. Thing is, at some point Abi is going to get turned against because that's the way the game is played. She's playing it too, the difference is she can't take it and boo hoos when the heat is on her.

I almost did feel sorry for her when she was standing there watching the mean girls laughing at her. That wasn't nice, but on the other hand, she is the type of person who would have done that to anyone else given the chance and it's not like she hadn't been behaving like a biyatch to warrant their behavior.

On another topic, I love Joe being "Survior McGyver." That was a good one. He is really clever when it comes to making those survival things. They would be stupid to vote him out too soon.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:40 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,582,165 times
What does Abi do when she's not on Survivor? She must get along fairly well in the real world, somehow. I absolutely fell for her crying. I thought she was actually having a moment of genuine emotion. I agree she's a biotch, but I also think, that like a lot of "mean girls", she can also be vulnerable.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:56 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,276,743 times
Another episode with so much stupid, so much smarts, and also so much predictability.

The stupids, the Spencer-Shririn alliance. The biggest rule of an alliance is to never let the person on the bottom know they are on the bottom!!!! But that's exactly what they did. After the Peih-Gee/Abi-Maria fight, they all sat and listened to Peih-Gee and laughed at Abi-Maria with her. Spencer and Shirin, being such knowledgeable players of the game, should have known to go comfort Abi or at least check on her. They didn't necessarily need to tell Peih-Gee to shut up, but at least not laugh with her and go check on Abi. But they didn't. I knew at that moment, they were heading to a downfall. It's a mistake we see time and time again on this show. If you let those on the bottom know they are on the bottom, they will easily flip. It goes all the way back to season 4. And when they are an emotional player like Abi, this rule is even more important.

Also, ironic that if Shirin would have just gone with the Abi vote last week she'd still be here because the Abi/Peih-Gee thing wouldn't have happened? And I'm still not sure how Peih-Gee got off scott free in that fight. Somehow all of Abi's anger came down on Shirin instead of Peih-Gee.

Terry has the smarts this episode. He saw the opportunity with Abi and he nailed it! When I saw Abi's alliance laughing at her, I was thinking how stupid they were being. When the camera cut to Terry sitting there, I yelled at the tv! Terry, go talk to Abi!! This is the perfect chance for you! I was so happy when he did! Not because I want Abi to stay, but because I love all the strategy! When an alliance is being stupid, I love when it comes back to bite them.

But I also yelled at the tv when Varner told not only Peih-Gee, but Kelley Wentworth that he was voting for Spencer or Shirin. I thought that would totally ruin things. I still have no idea why Peih-Gee and Wentworth were so willing to just flip like that, especially Peih-Gee. I want to know how they convinced her to vote WITH Abi. And then when Abi straight up told Shirin that Varner and Terry wanted to vote Shirin or Spencer out, I thought that was going to ruin it, too. I was literally yelling "ALL YOU PEOPLE STOP TALKING!!"

And the predictability. Seriously, producers, we saw about 5 minutes of the other tribe. So we knew the Varner tribe was going to lose immunity and go to tribal council. It was never even a question. The only things we really know about the other tribe is Joe is God, Savage has a family theme going (still not sure what this means for his game exactly), and Fishbach is... clueless. So since we never spend time with that tribe, we know they're all safe.

Speaking of Fishbach, I do need something explained. Last week, he was off looking for the idol. And when someone asked where Fishbach was, Kimmi said "He's probably off looking for an idol." Everyone just laughed and was like Probably! This week, someone said "Where's Jeremy?" And Fishbach said "Maybe off looking for an idol." And Savage goes "Can you believe the nerve of this guy?" Um... ok? Kimmi can say it and we're cool with it but Fishbach says it and he's got some nerve?

Interesting with the switch to three tribes next week. I wonder how long that will last. Can it possibly last all the way to the merge? Or will they once again in 2 weeks be swapped back to two tribes again? I'm also still trying to figure out Varner's edit. He either goes really soon so we have to pack as much of him in as we can, or he's going to make it all the way to the end. I think he's going really soon. I hope not, but I think that's what's going to happen.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:24 AM

By the way, I tried Jeremy's line with my wife. "I just want to see your stomach. I want to watch it grow." She slapped me. Apparently that's only appropriate when she's pregnant.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
How can we know for sure it was pre planned from the start? Either way, it seems like they should let them play. In all likely hood Abi would have started drama somehow when the alliance would have had to turn on itself.

Even if Spencer does not get into a majority alliance he has about doubled his odds of avoiding tribal council all together now that there are three tribes and only one goes go to tribal.
Dalton Ross from Entertainment Weekly was one of the many people from the press invited out on location for the first few days of the shoot. He says that the expansion to three tribes was the plan from the beginning.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:28 AM

810 posts, read 1,026,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Spencer and Shirin, being such knowledgeable players of the game, should have known to go comfort Abi or at least check on her.
Kass, of all people, realized that this game is not just about game move, and that people have emotions.

Quote:
Also, ironic that if Shirin would have just gone with the Abi vote last week she'd still be here because the Abi/Peih-Gee thing wouldn't have happened?
I disagree. Shirin was not in such a good spot as they showed because clearly as we saw, her alliance was not as tight as we think since PG and Kelley flipped so easily. Varner was already gunning for strategic threats as one of the old school people so getting rid of Vytas was a good move. The bad part of not managing your own alliance properly.

Quote:
Speaking of Fishbach, I do need something explained. Last week, he was off looking for the idol. And when someone asked where Fishbach was, Kimmi said "He's probably off looking for an idol." Everyone just laughed and was like Probably! This week, someone said "Where's Jeremy?" And Fishbach said "Maybe off looking for an idol." And Savage goes "Can you believe the nerve of this guy?" Um... ok? Kimmi can say it and we're cool with it but Fishbach says it and he's got some nerve?
Because Savage was already gunning for Fishbach. He was just finding an excuse to put more of the target on him. Fishbach is seen as a new school strategic player much like Spencer, and Savage is with the old school people.

The show wants to tell a story about Vytas being creepy, or Shirin and Spencer are making the same mistakes again. There may be some truth to that, but I'd say a lot of that has to do with strategy as well based of whether some of these people are new school vs old school.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:18 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,473,520 times
Am I the only one who doesn't love Varner and wants him off my TV? He's the new Steve Carell, not because of anything that's wrong with him but because I feel overdosed by him without any fundamental distinguishing merit. I can't help but think that this editing signifies a certain trip to the finals, as they are constructing a 'compelling storyline of self-discovery and redemption.'

Fishbach can't find any common ground with anyone. You'd think someone who has been punditing for so many seasons would do better than that. You could put Parvati out there with a troop of ourangoutangs and she'd be directing all their moves within a week, much less a group of actual humans.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:53 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
Quote:
By the way, I tried Jeremy's line with my wife. "I just want to see your stomach. I want to watch it grow." She slapped me. Apparently that's only appropriate when she's pregnant.
LMAO!! Yep, definitely would have helped, her being preggers!! Beautiful!!!

Old 10-02-2015, 01:05 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,808,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't love Varner and wants him off my TV? He's the new Steve Carell, not because of anything that's wrong with him but because I feel overdosed by him without any fundamental distinguishing merit. I can't help but think that this editing signifies a certain trip to the finals, as they are constructing a 'compelling storyline of self-discovery and redemption.'

Fishbach can't find any common ground with anyone. You'd think someone who has been punditing for so many seasons would do better than that. You could put Parvati out there with a troop of ourangoutangs and she'd be directing all their moves within a week, much less a group of actual humans.

I'm with you !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV