Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 08:05 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,973,077 times

Advertisements

https://tvline.com/2020/01/21/ray-do...lled-showtime/

So it could have been the end or maybe not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 01:59 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,981,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
https://tvline.com/2020/01/21/ray-do...lled-showtime/

So it could have been the end or maybe not
Liev Schreiber posted on Twitter he didn't even know if there would be another season. Showtime will decide in the next few weeks. He suggested sending message to Showtime. I sent a them a message requesting another season since they left so many loose ends. What is Mickey going to do with the money, how about Terry? Daryll has gone off the deep-end. The season ended with Smitty laying dead in the middle of the road.

Old 02-04-2020, 05:01 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,741,838 times
Canceled...

Old 02-05-2020, 05:38 AM

2,081 posts, read 1,076,919 times
They could have let them wrap up the series with a 2 hour show and I would've been happy with that but leaving it open like this is just sad. Thank god they are giving Shameless and Homeland a proper send off.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:54 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,264,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
They could have let them wrap up the series with a 2 hour show and I would've been happy with that but leaving it open like this is just sad. Thank god they are giving Shameless and Homeland a proper send off.

I think there are a lot fewer loose ends with Donovan than with most series that end, even ones that get advance notice. But still, your point could apply to just about any series that has run more than a single season. And I think the wrapup show (or 2-3 episode mini-series) would be well watched as all the fans woud tune in to for resolution.

Old 02-06-2020, 01:47 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,981,874 times
After Showtime announced Ray Donovan was over someone started a petition for Showtime to give fans a final season.

https://www.change.org/p/showtime-pe...share_petition

Old 02-07-2020, 06:43 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,100,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Liev Schreiber posted on Twitter he didn't even know if there would be another season. Showtime will decide in the next few weeks. He suggested sending message to Showtime. I sent a them a message requesting another season since they left so many loose ends. What is Mickey going to do with the money, how about Terry? Daryll has gone off the deep-end. The season ended with Smitty laying dead in the middle of the road.
Mickey doesn't have the money yet. He still has the stock certificates that need to be converted. He also still has the tracking device. Will Ray reach China? That was ridiculous to keep showing him over and over, digging Jimmie's grave. At least he was filling it in at the end.

I hope they at least come up with a movie to end it.

Old 02-07-2020, 11:08 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,437,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
After Showtime announced Ray Donovan was over someone started a petition for Showtime to give fans a final season.

https://www.change.org/p/showtime-pe...share_petition
Completely agree. It didn't have a proper ending. I'm going to miss the show.

Old 02-08-2020, 04:14 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,434,559 times
Agrree with you all.
How about even ONE more longer cheaper episode, gee....all shot indoors on sets already there
to ans so many questions?

Old 02-08-2020, 07:12 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,100,539 times
After reflection, since I recently started watching the show, and was watching the last season just as they announced its demise, I sense there is one aspect of the show that needs to be dealt with.

I think the morality of the show was such that it seemed to glorify murder, as long as you kill people who may deserve it, but at the same time Ray Donovan, the character, was working with these people, supporting their efforts as long as he had some skin in the game, until he didn't. We need a resolution somewhat in the same way Breaking Bad resolved itself. Ray, Mick and possibly even Daryll have to be dealt with. The mayor as well needs to be taken out somehow.

I don't think I could ever recommend someone watch this show unless there is an appropriate ending because of the missing moral ending. This is worse than the stupid ending to The Sopranos. At least there we can pretty much take for granted Tony was done away with. If they want to have more income from re-runs or residuals, they need resolutions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV