Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 09:40 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,736,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Emily Ann's was one of the rare times Pharrell stood up for someone that wasn't his contestant this season, and I think probably only because it was a religious song.

Voice Contestants
I think he has stood up for Regina Love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 02:10 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You got your wish. I am watching Nadjah now. Wow, she is not only talented, she's gorgeous. I know that shouldn't matter, but in show business it usually does.
Absolutely. I can't count the number of times most of the female contestants have been complimented on their appearance. Is it different when Gwen says it? In my opinion not so much. However, I appreciated Celeste and Nadja, both of whom I like, for their gorgeous bodies.

On the appearance track, I don't get much from any of the guys. Definitely not Mr. Pelvis. I like the metrosexual look, that, or a man in a suit, none of which I'm going to see here (and would not expect it). I'm also generally not hearing "oh, how handsome you are tonight."

I've paid less attention to Blake and Pharrel's teams but enjoyed the performances of Celeste and Nadja. I like Darius and I dislike Mark Hood.

One thing that really confused me, and brought their names to mind, is the question of song selection. I really had the impression that Adam and Gwen made the song selections for their team. On last night's segment I was initially confused; it sounded like Darius chose his song from his discussion with P. Later, it seemed the same with Mark but I don't pay much attention to him. Ok, not initially confused; still confused.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:30 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Mr. Pelvis is too perfect. His hair looks like a helmet. When he walked across the stage I just hated the perfect shiny steel curtain I got a glimpse of on the back of his head. Mess it up a bit, sweat a little, and you'll be a lot more attractive Mr. Pelvis!

Old 11-11-2015, 03:32 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Quote:

I really had the impression that Adam and Gwen made the song selections
for their team
I don't think so. Regina about had a happy fit when Gwen told her that the Adele song had been approved. Sounds like they (contestant) submit a few songs and then see what passes licensing.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:16 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
I agree with the poster who said Gwen hosed Braiden and Koryn. She took away their glasses, they couldn't see, changed their quirkiness, and gave them songs that did not suit them. Koryn looked uncomfortable in that red dress that looked like something her grandma might wear, and she couldn't see to move around. Braiden didn't know his song, and once again, he couldn't see. Let them be young and quirky. Also, what message is Gwen sending young kids when she takes their glasses. Aren't glasses cool enough?

Also, I loved Emily Anne's performance and song choice.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:33 PM

Nice to see the voting went differently than just the iTunes sales were going!

I am also glad Gwen saved Korin over Ellie

Old 11-11-2015, 08:07 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Well, the bring back contestants didn't fare well, did they?

The only one I'm really disappointed in was Adam's pick but it wasn't at all surprising. But I was hoping Blaine would stay.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:36 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,733,589 times
Pharrell and Blake are idiots. Especially Blake.

Spoiler
Emily Anne was the weakest of the four. I've never liked her! Darius is better than Mark, and Celeste is better than both of them.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:18 AM

To me, the most shocking thing was how well Ellie did in iTunes sales, because you could see how she felt that she would make it through. I guess I have never had a dream destroyed on national TV, but it was so awkward that both Regina and Viktor tried to console her. Regina seems like such a warm and loving person so to leave her hanging is just weird.... and they're all in the same boat! Ellie then went on twitter and tweeted, "Guess I wasn't good enough." and retweeted anyone who was disappointed she was eliminated again. I guess I feel like in your 20's you know enough to know how to be a gracious loser and not a spoiled entitled brat? And these people are all experiencing what you are experience - rejection from something they wanted more than anything! She had a great blind audition and then everything else was merely "meh" to me.

As far as Gwen choosing Korin, I am glad though I feel Viktor might have deserved it more. I think knowing that he has a recording deal in Hungary is probably what has turned off a lot of American voters. We want to see someone undiscovered win and get their chance. It's a feel-good story! I feel like Gwen probably chose the person that she felt the most guilty about, which were all of the changes she made to Korin that took her out of her comfort zone and completely ruined her quirky Boho vibe. I also feel like people pity-voted for Braiden, because his performance was bad but it was based on what was probably Gwen's song choice for him.

I don't really get Blake's favoritism towards Emily Anne all season. I don't think she beat Morgan in their battle, nor do I feel like she beat Nadja in her knockout round. I also feel like she was the worst of his team that night, so I think she should have been eliminated three times by now so it is a good thing I am not in charge. I think he likes her because she fits into this cutesy pop-country mold and I really wish he had mentored Krista Hughes. I feel like she could have been this indie-folk-country star and brought back some grittiness to it. Maybe that is why I feel so bitter towards Emily Anne? It also reminds me -- thank goodness Shelby chose Adam or she would have lost to the cult of Emily Anne somehow.

I feel like when Adam chose Amy - it was also a little sad. She sounds a lot like Norah Jones, who won a ton of awards one year.... but you can tell when she sings with others that she has to sing so quietly for her gimmick to work so you almost have to turn the TV up to hear her! To me, a far better save would have been Blaine or Keith. But they're just not as pretty to Adam.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:36 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Good lord, America is stupid for the most part.

Braden Sunshine?!!?

And saving Korin?! Stupid

Blake's team: Not surprising. I'm sure the bro country people were out voting. Blake's save - Of course he saves a mediocre blond country chick.

Pharrell: I don't care about any of his team. Though it was nice he said something specific to each of them before he picked.

Adam: Probably the best 2 America picks. Adam's save sucked. Anyone but her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV