Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 10:36 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times

Advertisements

Swapnil deserved to go home; what a mess to send down the runway.

And I'm a big fan of Tim Gun. Only he could have to get bleeped and still remain likeable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 11:34 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,227,117 times
I don't know how much I liked Swapnil but I think he was a total victim to his "model". She was impossible. Basically she just wanted what she always wears and was a big baby and would have been a big baby about everything. ITS A MAKEOVER!

As for Ashely and her plus size pressure - screw all of the judges. One they have no idea what looks good or how to design for plus sizes. Zac Poesen's dress for his friend Lena Dunham last year at one of the award shows was awful.
Nina, it should be all one color - FU.
Why do none of the other contest get pressure to design for super skinny stick figures? Just because you usually design for a niche does not mean it should be an issue in the show. The show should be neutral ground as usually all the models are stick figures.

I liked Merline's the best although the facing should have been tacked down? It was a makeover.

Kelly just gave her girl what she always wears in a different fabric. Shrug.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:45 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Swapnil produced junk (er, excuse me...junque lol) but I have to agree about his model. I couldn't believe how petulant she was. And crying? Did somebody die?

Old 10-09-2015, 01:28 PM

4,347 posts, read 4,725,025 times
Swapnil was worthless. He might be able to actually do something if he wouldn't be smoking every five seconds or sleeping or otherwise jacking around. Good riddance.

Ashley started out really strong but she needs to see a psychiatrist. And the outfit she made for that gal was horrible - A terrible print, terrible colors, and adding two layers on top of her hips????? Never.

Kelly had the best design and I usually don't like anything she does but this was pretty good. Edmund's rain coat was pretty cute, especially since the girl was going to use it to ride her bike, though that strip on the bottom was pretty stupid.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:30 PM

741 posts, read 1,380,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post

Edit to add: there were some whiney azzed women they were "making over".
Suck it up because they only had to wear the clothes 15 minutes!!! AND they got a new "do" too.
Swapnel may have been a lazy designer but his "crew member" had zero feminine wiles and was hard to work with.
They seemed like tough customers to me as well. Most of the hair makeovers showed noticeable improvement. Back in the day I wore a shaved side so I continue to be partial to that look, even though I have not had it myself in decades. I noticed the hair more than the make-up. The only one I really did not like- clothes, hair, make-up etc. was Edmunds client. I think she looked better as herself.

Swapnil's client was the straw. A couple of his designs could have gotten the win and even though he said many times that he just wanted to be safe it seemed to me that he was defeated. Plus, who knows what other issues he may be confronting.

Candice! I think it is good to have a cohesive signature- aka Leanne Marshall, Uli Herzner, among many others- but please something not black AND (p)leather all day, every day. Yesterday's was not good and as I am counting it that's two weeks in a row. In addition I didn't like the one where there was a slash of white over the breasts. They are giving her too many TH (I guess they each must record however many) which is doing her no favors.

There is no one I especially love and no one I love to hate- like Jeffrey.

I think Swapnil is gorgeous without the facial hair and wish him well.

To me, TG does not look well and I hope I am wrong about that.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:29 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,760,041 times
Swapnil had a difficult client but so did Merlene! This is where a designer learns to shine IMO. Swapnil just folded and didn't work with her at all.

Merlene listened to her client and made something decent.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:35 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,387,079 times
Swapnil's was a disaster. His client/crew member was difficult for sure, but he also had no intention of listening to her. He seemed to think he was the designer and he knew what was the best look for her. Plus, its like he is the perpetual child/procrastinator. He may be used to doing things effortlessly. And he has seemed totally checked out for the past few episodes. Even in the last episode, he seemed completely uninterested in doing anything.

Merlene - I think she should have won. Her model looked hot, and I personally liked the design.

Kelly- I personally did not like it. She seemed to be done quickly, and was like, I have nothing else to design other than coveralls and a tank. Neither of her pieces seemed particularly fashion to me. I was surprise that she won.

Candice - oh, dear. I knew she would be in the bottom, when she said she was designing a corset and a leather pencil skirt.

Ashley - I don't think hers was horrible. The judges certainly seemed to be showing their bias for a non-traditional sized model.

Edmund - another look that for me was just blah

I am excited for the avant garde look next week!

Old 10-10-2015, 12:03 PM

8,871 posts, read 8,454,383 times
I had no idea there was a discussion thread of PR here lol.

Anyway I'm really sad that Swapnil went home. He's so hot.
I hope Tim Gunn would use his Tim Gunn rescue next week, even though the chances are slim...

I'm rooting for Kelly at this point. I like her attitude the most and I agreed with her win. That was an awful challenge, most of the looks were ****ing hideous except for hers.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:59 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,611,912 times
I thought Swapnil was good looking, too. Beautiful eyes! I would wear his designs. I kept thinking that his "regular person" model would have looked good in traditional Indian dress, and that was a route he could have taken.

Ashley now - I think the judges WANT her to win ("see, us fashion types are NOT prejudiced against fat people!" even though of course they are.) She seems like she's losing it to me - just pay attention to the progress of her hair - very artfully arranged in the beginning, fuzzy and flat now. The girl needs to sleep for a week then start over again. But, that's not Project Runway!

I like Kelly too, even though I don't get her retro 80's look. I lived through the 80's - wasn't that enough?

Old 10-12-2015, 07:39 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,818 times
I'm rooting for Edmund. He is very talented, humble, and he's hot too.

Swapnil is good looking, but laziness is a total turn off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV