Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 01:04 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I am really enjoying watching this....
Michael Bourne anyone? Ass kicking woman, no memory, secret government program, lots of action and angst... I'm in.

Puts it right behind Black List as my action mystery show for the season! Yeah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 02:42 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
So is this guy Sullivan Stapleton who plays SA Kurt Weller the next bloody Russell Crowe?

Old 10-20-2015, 02:52 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
The show is getting better and interesting...but doesn't create enough
interest for folks here to talk about it...that says a lot as a cross section
of all viewers, imo.
Might not last to Season 2 , then.
My wife and I love the show, but as we were watching episode four last night, I was getting an odd feeling that I would get really tired of the repeated theme underlying the show: following the tattoos on Jane's (Taylor's?) body to Never Never Land. I suspect I will stop watching it soon, despite my initial enthusiasm. It's exciting and full of action, but I'm not seeing that the show has staying power despite the drama because of this repetition. I think shows that heavily rely on only one character to build the storyline are more likely to fail because it's too easy for the viewer to lose interest. When the shows include backstories on several different characters in the program, the viewer can get hooked on any one or a few of them and want to continue watching.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:39 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
My wife and I love the show, but as we were watching episode four last night, I was getting an odd feeling that I would get really tired of the repeated theme underlying the show: following the tattoos on Jane's (Taylor's?) body to Never Never Land. I suspect I will stop watching it soon, despite my initial enthusiasm. It's exciting and full of action, but I'm not seeing that the show has staying power despite the drama because of this repetition. I think shows that heavily rely on only one character to build the storyline are more likely to fail because it's too easy for the viewer to lose interest. When the shows include backstories on several different characters in the program, the viewer can get hooked on any one or a few of them and want to continue watching.
I agree.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:51 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Michael Bourne anyone? Ass kicking woman, no memory, secret government program, lots of action and angst... I'm in.

Puts it right behind Black List as my action mystery show for the season! Yeah!
Sure you don't mean Jason Bourne?

There's a lot of suspension of disbelief involved to enjoy the show. Having said that, I do like it, at least compared to so much of the junk on the air these days. My guess, time travel. The FBI guy is responsible for the tats, including the one with his name, and sent her back in time. Like I said, suspension of disbelief.

Out of all the tats on her body, why is it that they keep decoding them in just the right sequence to find key clue for the particular crime on that particular day?

Old 10-22-2015, 11:58 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
All of what you guys said was my concern about the show. I am still worried about a "tattoo of the week" format.

Old 10-22-2015, 01:10 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Seems that they decipher a tattoo AFTER something happens...like last show, it all goes down, they realize a tattoo has a reference to this act--and yet nothing else is ever explained as to why this tattoo was was a clue??

Though I do enjoy the pace and the way the show's characters are playing off each other. Just hope they get over that stairway flashback and move on to more important memories..

Old 10-22-2015, 03:26 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
So is this guy Sullivan Stapleton who plays SA Kurt Weller the next bloody Russell Crowe?

Try to catch "Strike Back" if you haven't seen it already. It ran for four seasons and starred this guy and the guy who is starring on "The Player." Much better vehicle for both.

I've given up on this.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:09 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,403,257 times
The lead actor Sullivan could be the brother of the lead in Hawaii 5-0 Alex O'Laughlin. They are both Australian playing American characters.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:30 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,403,257 times
Funny how an FBI team drives a Lexus SUV. Product placement at it's best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV