Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 09:03 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,035,541 times

Advertisements

OP, just of note, Guatemala, where Jill and her husband are studying Spanish is in Central America, not South. Also, El Salvador is in Central America. Probably can not change the original post, but if you post elsewhere you will know

I never watched the show regularly as I could not stand that there were soooo many children that seemed neglected, no one to make sure their hair was brushed and their clothes matched. Since they are home schooled and not out in society much they do not get the peer interaction to know, so someone should be helping them learn.

It just seemed that there was sooooo much more interest in being knocked up than in actually taking care of the kid once it popped out.

That seems to be the same with the 'sisters' now. Jessa's belly popped up every time I went to news sites. Who wants to see a knocked up person with tight clothes and belly button and nipples showing through the tight shirt? No me, but she posted that often! How often do I see a post of Jessa with her baby, or the husband interacting with the baby now? Not often! Now there are many more photos of her little sister holding the baby than her or her husband. But alas she will be knocked up again soon and this baby will be forgotten so that fat belly can be the main event......

And I have little desire to watch a show about the sisters--2 uneducated ladies who know nothing about anything--not even having babies, which will be their focus in life. Or their unemployed and generally unemployable / skill-less husbands.

What will become of the 19 kids plus the next generation? If the birth boys remain uneducated and unemployable and the girls all marry boys who will /can not work...how can they be fed and housed? The family is now known to be toxic so they will not get the non-profit / political jobs that fit their skill-less abilities. Ol' Jimmy's money will only go so far, and yes he has a lot, many houses, 2 planes, etc. BUT if each child marries and produces only 5 kids each, that will mean ol' Jimmy has to have 20 houses (his included), plus utilities, plus support 135 mouths (him, his wifie, 19 kids, 19 spouses, 5X19 grand kids).,,,how can he do it without a tv show? And his kids will be producing many more than 5 kids each (if their uterus' holds up) as that is a competition!

So, yep the show is saying it is the sisters, but in the end it really is the FAMILY. All of them will be paid--they are all in the baby shower and all in the missionary send off lunch. Anna will get paid as she is in it, and since she is married to Josh, he also benefits.

Me watch it?, no way, I do not want to see another generation neglected and raised with the same techniques used on the first generation...which did not work out well. Oldest kid and likely none of the boys learned to be responsible for their actions and the girls learned to be quiet slaves whose function in life is to reproduce, be a sexual slave, and train their kids to clean the house and care for the siblings....and the parents, what do they do? REPRODUCE and hand the kid off after birth to someone else to be raised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 10:32 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lae60 View Post
OP, just of note, Guatemala, where Jill and her husband are studying Spanish is in Central America, not South. Also, El Salvador is in Central America. Probably can not change the original post, but if you post elsewhere you will know

I never watched the show regularly as I could not stand that there were soooo many children that seemed neglected, no one to make sure their hair was brushed and their clothes matched. Since they are home schooled and not out in society much they do not get the peer interaction to know, so someone should be helping them learn.

It just seemed that there was sooooo much more interest in being knocked up than in actually taking care of the kid once it popped out.

That seems to be the same with the 'sisters' now. Jessa's belly popped up every time I went to news sites. Who wants to see a knocked up person with tight clothes and belly button and nipples showing through the tight shirt? No me, but she posted that often! How often do I see a post of Jessa with her baby, or the husband interacting with the baby now? Not often! Now there are many more photos of her little sister holding the baby than her or her husband. But alas she will be knocked up again soon and this baby will be forgotten so that fat belly can be the main event......

And I have little desire to watch a show about the sisters--2 uneducated ladies who know nothing about anything--not even having babies, which will be their focus in life. Or their unemployed and generally unemployable / skill-less husbands.

What will become of the 19 kids plus the next generation? If the birth boys remain uneducated and unemployable and the girls all marry boys who will /can not work...how can they be fed and housed? The family is now known to be toxic so they will not get the non-profit / political jobs that fit their skill-less abilities. Ol' Jimmy's money will only go so far, and yes he has a lot, many houses, 2 planes, etc. BUT if each child marries and produces only 5 kids each, that will mean ol' Jimmy has to have 20 houses (his included), plus utilities, plus support 135 mouths (him, his wifie, 19 kids, 19 spouses, 5X19 grand kids).,,,how can he do it without a tv show? And his kids will be producing many more than 5 kids each (if their uterus' holds up) as that is a competition!

So, yep the show is saying it is the sisters, but in the end it really is the FAMILY. All of them will be paid--they are all in the baby shower and all in the missionary send off lunch. Anna will get paid as she is in it, and since she is married to Josh, he also benefits.

Me watch it?, no way, I do not want to see another generation neglected and raised with the same techniques used on the first generation...which did not work out well. Oldest kid and likely none of the boys learned to be responsible for their actions and the girls learned to be quiet slaves whose function in life is to reproduce, be a sexual slave, and train their kids to clean the house and care for the siblings....and the parents, what do they do? REPRODUCE and hand the kid off after birth to someone else to be raised.
Thanks for catching my error lae. I know that but sometimes things do get written wrong.

Your post is excellent IMO. You just didn't add how come this group thinks women are second or third class citizens compared to men. But I did in my previous post.

I agree this could get really depressing IF all the kids have huge families. I don't think they all will. I think the parents had 3-4 when they were about the age of their oldest daughter and her twin. But honestly, I don't care enough to look.

MSR

Old 12-06-2015, 10:44 PM

Default A Paycheck, Who is In and Who is Out?

Not everyone happy. Now that is a shock.

Some of the family wants on and some are staying off the show. I'm sure old JB and Michelle don't want to rock the boat (NOT). JB wouldn't allow filming if he wasn't the center of the show.

As for those who aren't appearing, I'll guess Jana, since other articles say she is the full time (unpaid) Nanny for Jessa and Ben. Wow. I also doubt her twin brother or next younger brother and Jiinger don't participate. All the others are use to and like being on tv.

Duggar TV about a paycheck? Say it ain't so. | Arkansas Blog | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art

What do you think?

MSR

Old 12-06-2015, 10:55 PM

60 posts, read 35,769 times
I won't be watching, but if this family still has an audience that wants to see them on TV, then more power to them.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:01 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,504,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Not everyone happy. Now that is a shock.

Some of the family wants on and some are staying off the show. I'm sure old JB and Michelle don't want to rock the boat (NOT). JB wouldn't allow filming if he wasn't the center of the show.

As for those who aren't appearing, I'll guess Jana, since other articles say she is the full time (unpaid) Nanny for Jessa and Ben. Wow. I also doubt her twin brother or next younger brother and Jiinger don't participate. All the others are use to and like being on tv.

Duggar TV about a paycheck? Say it ain't so. | Arkansas Blog | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art

What do you think?

MSR
I imagine the under age Duggars don't have much choice one way or another?

Old 12-07-2015, 03:20 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,681,350 times
I have watched enough of the show, the original one, to know I am not interested. They were a train wreck before the scandal was broke to the media. Now they are just scrambling to reclaim their former "spot" in the TLC exploitation merry-go-round. TLC wants the audience, train wreck sells .....screen time to the masses.
Now, two of the daughters, are making their own attempts to TLC fame and fortune.
Greed. Attention. Exploitation. Cultish behaviors and lifestyles.
They just have their clothes on.

I don't have cable/satellite. I refuse to pay $$ for what they have to offer.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:02 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,725,804 times
Who cares? Don't watch the TV show if you don't like them and be done with it. If somebody likes them they can watch it and fine with everybody else. What is the big Duggar deal?

Old 12-07-2015, 08:52 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,047,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
Who cares? Don't watch the TV show if you don't like them and be done with it. If somebody likes them they can watch it and fine with everybody else. What is the big Duggar deal?
They are a force for evil on the planet. We need to discuss that. I am going to coin a new concept: Rational Terrorism. That's when people evade and avoid reality and refuse to use Reason, preferring irrational emotion and mysticism instead. This leads to behaviors that bring down society and threaten our way of life.

So, in the case at hand, the Duggars, we have a behavior that we can identify as Reproductive Exhibitionism. Which leads to excessive children who do not get the proper attention and in effect have their minds and spirits left intentionally underdeveloped by planned neglect.

I would categorize this as Rational Terrorism. An attack on Reason.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:57 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,725,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
They are a force for evil on the planet. We need to discuss that.

I'm pretty sure you are kidding about that crazy comment

Old 12-07-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I imagine the under age Duggars don't have much choice one way or another?
TXNGL,

I really don't know. But given how this family (dys) functions, I won't be surprised to see a real effort to get the "young aunts" of the new babies in there. Besides, the kids like the perks. Can't imagine who will sponsor them though.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV