Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 07:06 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times

Advertisements

Pushing Dasies
Forever
Life in Mars
Journeyman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 01:06 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Extreme
Extreme (TV Series 1995

Really got into that one when I came across it and then, it was yanked away so quickly, one week it was here and the next, POOF!, with something else, non descript in its place. And with a cliffhanger as well.

Second would be the previously mentioned Wonderfalls. As it was, that cancellation, especially the way it was done, was the final blow for Fox TV. I had been adequately perturbed by Fox's method of TV in either that they give you a taste of a show and then yank it away (Sliders) or they advertise it incorrectly (Medicine Ball) or they cancel the good because they think they have something better coming in (Briscoe County), so I really wasn't watching them in the years before. I didn't bother at all with Space: Above and Beyond (now have the DVDs) or L.A. Firefighters because I knew what Fox would do with it.

But Wonderfalls came out, they were well advertised in Austin, and I decided to give Fox another try....and I loved it. Fox, however, gave it the same treatment they gave everything else. They hardly advertised it and then they lied when they replaced it in its time slot with "ElimiDate". They said, as I recall, they were just switching the time slots, that Wonderfalls would be in ElimiDate's spot the next week....and the next week, it was ElimiDate on both nights.

Which means that any show on Fox, as far as I am concerned, is dead from the start. I don't bother watching it at all because I know it will soon be gone. I never bothered with Firefly because I knew what Fox would do to it....which it did.

Wonderfalls wise, I have the series DVD pack.

But from that year on, I don't watch Fox, Ever, PERIOD!

Third in the running is Models, Inc.
Models Inc. (TV Series 1994

Did it all, watched the show, talked about it before and after on the mailing list, did role playing and wrote fan fiction......and it was another example of how Fox treats TV. Pulled from the schedule for re organization but don't be fooled, it's not coming back (in 1994) at all.

IMHO.

Old 11-26-2015, 09:13 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
In my first post, I was going to mention "The Invaders" with Roy Thinnes, but I didn't realize until I just looked it up that it only aired for a short time. It's also difficult to believe that was in 1967. Gosh I feel old!

I liked "Life Goes On" and "American Dreams" too but, although they were canceled, they were both on for more than a few episodes.

I saw a Canadian series on one of the cable channels called "Cold Squad" that was excellent. According to IMDb, it was on for several years, but I cannot find it anywhere. Amazon sells Season 1, but I'd like to find the series.
Canadian TV seems to do that. It's the same with Da Vinci's Inquest, which I loved. It aired for 7 seasons but only the first 3 are on DVD or VHS. So frustrating!

Old 11-26-2015, 09:23 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,675,105 times
Fawlty Towers. Stopped intentionally before it could get stale, but God it was funny!

Old 11-26-2015, 09:28 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Canadian TV seems to do that. It's the same with Da Vinci's Inquest, which I loved. It aired for 7 seasons but only the first 3 are on DVD or VHS. So frustrating!
I found a blurb on Wiki. Looks like only the first season of Cold Squad was ever released.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Squad

Old 11-26-2015, 04:32 PM

6,424 posts, read 4,917,410 times
Due South
Guns of Will Sonnett
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Judd, for the Defense

Old 11-27-2015, 07:39 AM

12,540 posts, read 2,138,983 times
Backstrom
Kolchak: The Night Stalker

Old 11-27-2015, 02:34 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Deadwood!

Old 11-27-2015, 07:07 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times
Denis Leary's The Job also had a short shelf life, but it was a fun(ny) show. Thankfully, Rescue Me came along.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:16 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Memphis Beat

Memphis Beat (TV Series 2010

It only had 2 seasons, and was set in Memphis (but filmed in New Orleans ).

Jason Lee, Alfre Woodard, DJ Qualls

Fun, authentic characters, interesting story lines. Oh, well....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV