Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 11:08 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Did they ever have TAR All-star show? Pick all the winners in previous seasons and make them all race again.

And does anyone else think that one gay guy looks like Alvin the Chipmunk?

yes they have had an All-Star season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 12:25 PM

5,520 posts, read 7,114,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
yes they have had an All-Star season.
I was just trying to see if you would come back Pip

Old 02-23-2016, 01:31 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I was just trying to see if you would come back Pip

hehehe, I still love Amazing Race and follow it but this season sucks the big one

Old 02-26-2016, 07:38 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,265,165 times
All the teams seem enthusiastic, friendly, and motivated, except for two.

The dancers are the only ones who've been bickering, but it has been very mild. The producers added a clip of them bickering at the beginning of the episode, but it didn't seem to last. It looks like the producers are desperate to find a villain team, and this one is the best they can do. As far as bickering couples go, the dancers can't compete with the many crazy teams we're seen over the years. It doesn't seem like we'll see nearly as much drama this season as we're used to.

The other team that stands out is the brothers. They talk about their intelligence and IQ, but they don't seem to have much urgency or common sense about them. They may believe everything will come easily for them and they don't have to try hard. Whatever their problem, they've been at the back of the pack and predictably didn't last too long in the race.

All the other teams are likable, and I'm not rooting for any of them to be eliminated. I think I'll be satisfied with whoever wins, but I'll be disappointed at each elimination.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:30 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,809 times
Pretty sexy lady next to Phil...

Old 02-26-2016, 09:55 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,607,055 times
Those 2 awful disk golf or whatever it is guys who came in first are the screamers that are driving us crazy. I put the tv on mute every time they're on-screen. I really wish they were near the end of the pack so they'd get less air time. Is it evil to wish that they'd fall in a hole or something (non-fatally, of course) so that they're off the show ASAP?

And I loathe the daughter/father team and the dancers too - also screamers, though not as loud as the guys.

I'm rooting for the gamers right now. Calm and happy and near the front of the pack.

The brothers were nice, but not aware enough of the world around them to succeed on TAR.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:57 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,809 times
.. Like he said you gotta be assertive...

Old 02-27-2016, 11:15 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,393 times
The guy that were last just don't have very good situational awareness, or good observation skills. They were safe and good to go if they looked around better. Oh well, too bad because they weren't screaming all the time and seemed nice enough. The two girls that scream at the top of their lungs all-the-time cannot go soon enough. Indoor voices please.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:31 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,167,098 times
I have watched the latest episode three times. I can't seem to figure out who is whom and what the h*ll is going on.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:33 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,461,907 times
I'm not sure what was more painful, Old Doctor bungling about, or the intellectual brothers failing a basic test of the intellect (perhaps by overthinking it). What I do know is that I do not have any s-words to give over who wins. They're all social media moguls; to me that means nothing except that they're likely to be full of themselves over nothing.

Surprised at the partner of Claustro Gal. If I have to go down there with a claustro, I say to her: "Look. We have to do it. You can hold onto my hand the whole time and just maintain. And I swear, I will not leave your side, and I most certainly will not leave the caves without you. Now let's do this."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV