Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2016, 02:43 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
This could be the End of The Amazing Race.

What an awful season. Not one team to like or root for. Some normal on the race could have helped. I think my DVR will get Friday Night off for now.

Sad but I don't even care to watch it.
I normally don't pay much attention, but my wife and daughter love it. That last episode, though, with that mud pit where they searched for the emerald did make me look up for a good while
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 05:04 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
That's putting it nicely.
??

Lol..

Old 02-20-2016, 11:56 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
This could be the End of The Amazing Race.

What an awful season. Not one team to like or root for. Some normal on the race could have helped. I think my DVR will get Friday Night off for now.

Sad but I don't even care to watch it.
So far, it's not that bad. I'm enjoying it. I have no clue who any of these people are, so I have no pre-conceived impressions of them. I like the intelligent brothers, although they seem taking a lot for granted and not trying all that hard. It's interesting to me. I'll watch this season and probably enjoy it.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:04 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
So far, it's not that bad. I'm enjoying it. I have no clue who any of these people are, so I have no pre-conceived impressions of them. I like the intelligent brothers, although they seem taking a lot for granted and not trying all that hard. It's interesting to me. I'll watch this season and probably enjoy it.
I just watched epi 2 on google play.... and have seen every season so far. I actually so far like the folks on this episode. I dont have a favourite yet.... but I havent found any team I really dislike either. Teams seem light hearted and like to enjoy it and not as serious as some of the past teams.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:30 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
I don't get the hate for this season. I think too many people came in with preconceived notions and are finding things to try to back up those notions. They just want to hate it because of the way it was cast. There was a lot of uproar over the blind date seasons, too, but most people ended up liking it. Every season has people with dumb moments. Ever season has people that yell. Every season has people that are full of themselves and just want to mug for the camera. Maybe it's because I just started watching 3 years ago and then went back and watched the first 12 seasons so far, but I'm enjoying it. I either forget or look past that these are social media stars, maybe because I've only ever heard of one of them. But to me it feels like every other season. Enjoyable with some beautiful locations and some funny moments. I don't have any teams that I can't stand, which after 2 episodes is more than I can say for some other seasons.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:28 AM

5,521 posts, read 7,109,883 times
Did they ever have TAR All-star show? Pick all the winners in previous seasons and make them all race again.

And does anyone else think that one gay guy looks like Alvin the Chipmunk?

Old 02-23-2016, 08:12 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I don't get the hate for this season. I think too many people came in with preconceived notions and are finding things to try to back up those notions. They just want to hate it because of the way it was cast. There was a lot of uproar over the blind date seasons, too, but most people ended up liking it. Every season has people with dumb moments. Ever season has people that yell. Every season has people that are full of themselves and just want to mug for the camera. Maybe it's because I just started watching 3 years ago and then went back and watched the first 12 seasons so far, but I'm enjoying it. I either forget or look past that these are social media stars, maybe because I've only ever heard of one of them. But to me it feels like every other season. Enjoyable with some beautiful locations and some funny moments. I don't have any teams that I can't stand, which after 2 episodes is more than I can say for some other seasons.
What preconceived notions? The cast is just annoying. They scream through every challenge which is really annoying! And they are really clueless. Usually you will have one team that is an underdog making really silly mistakes. This season they are all making mistakes. I mean, who brings a hairdryer ??

Old 02-23-2016, 08:18 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
What preconceived notions? The cast is just annoying. They scream through every challenge which is really annoying! And they are really clueless. Usually you will have one team that is an underdog making really silly mistakes. This season they are all making mistakes. I mean, who brings a hairdryer ??
I saw a lot of posts, not just here, of people complaining about the casting before the season even began and saying it was going to be terrible because of the social media aspect. I honestly don't feel I've seen anything in the first two episodes that we don't normally see in the first two episodes on other seasons. Even the first leg being non-elimination wasn't completely new, just very rare. I have been enjoying it.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:22 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
I'll admit I had preconceived notions going in - and I was right! hehe Sure every season has the loud couple and boorish self-important couple, but this season is overwhelming. I had to turn my tv down a notch or two and that never happens. Simply too much screaming for no reason. I also don't care about their twitter account nor want to see it every 5 seconds. I'm not going to be pulled into their hype driven world - not even by TAR hype.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:50 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
It does not seem like any of the contestants ever watched the show or did any research after finding they would be on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV