Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 06:13 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Someone said that their generation is more like that & I tend to agree.
I'm not saying it's right; but it's common, at least in this part of the world.

Some of it is joking around, some not. IMO, I think there is more to it then what we see..

The marriage is over; while not an excuse, for some people it's hard to be nice to someone you've lost respect for, which is what J&K have apparently done with each other.

It's sad.

It is very sad, more for the kids than anything.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:22 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I don't enjoy their programming in general. Where on earth do they find the people willing to have labor and delivery filmed for public scrutiny? 'A Baby Story'--or something like that.
Apparently there are a lot of people willing to have their L&D filmed. Even back in the 70's... b/c I'm pretty sure that's the era "the movie" I saw in my Lamaze class (which I took in 1999) was filmed in.

I always enjoy the granola types on A Baby Story who insist on an "au natural" birthing experience and end up screaming for an epi and actually get one. Then they explain how horrible the pain was for them and it makes women who try their hardest to labor med-free (and fail) not feel so bad when by today's standards the politically correct L&D is OB free and pain med-free.

Me? Personally? I'd never invite a camera crew into my life let alone my birthing experiences.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:26 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Apparently there are a lot of people willing to have their L&D filmed. Even back in the 70's... b/c I'm pretty sure that's the era "the movie" I saw in my Lamaze class (which I took in 1999) was filmed in.
I think it was the 70's...I remember the big bushy hair.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:44 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I think it was the 70's...I remember the big bushy hair.
Yeah! On both ends

And to whomever thinks that it takes "an idiot to see an idiot"...is an idiot. I'm rubber you're glue and I'm not prancing around on national tv being an idiot. I'm an idiot in private. So get over it. Thanks for the rep anyway!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:53 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,337,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelMan View Post
The more I read about this train wreck, the worse I feel for the kids, especially the boys.

Me too.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:33 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I just want them act like nice humans and quit fighting in front of their kids. I hope they will announce it is over tomorrow.
I agree with you 1000%. Kate has an attitude that would cause almost anyone to leave her, or worse.

Unfortunately, I don't think the show will be over any time soon. I heard that they have a contract for another 40 episodes. But I do think that the interest will wane after the divorce is final etc.

I've said in the past that Jon seems to be regressing. I noticed he had both his ears pierced and I also notice that he's wear skull shirts etc, where he used to wear shirts with scriptures on them.

Kate on the other hand is showing off, and dressing more and more expensively. People that say money and fame won't change them are in serious denial. These two clowns are perfect examples of what happens. Unfortunately, it's those 8 children that are going to pay the consequence.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:05 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,337,304 times
ITA Mainegirl. Two adults acting like idiots and 8 little people left in the wake. It blows.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:54 AM

149 posts, read 615,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I agree with you 1000%. Kate has an attitude that would cause almost anyone to leave her, or worse.

Unfortunately, I don't think the show will be over any time soon. I heard that they have a contract for another 40 episodes. But I do think that the interest will wane after the divorce is final etc.

I've said in the past that Jon seems to be regressing. I noticed he had both his ears pierced and I also notice that he's wear skull shirts etc, where he used to wear shirts with scriptures on them.

Kate on the other hand is showing off, and dressing more and more expensively. People that say money and fame won't change them are in serious denial. These two clowns are perfect examples of what happens. Unfortunately, it's those 8 children that are going to pay the consequence.
Sadly, I think interest will pick up. There will still be that "train wreck" element even after the divorce, in my most humble opinion. I can't lie, I think I might be interested to see what Jon is up to after the divorce, and how the all-knowing Kate juggles responsibilities on her own, and most importantly, who does she focus her anger and disrespect on, now that Jon is out of the picture.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:36 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Right.
If it wasn't for the show he wouldn't have that 2 seater car, now he bought another car (BMW?) plus the freebie motorcycle? Now a small apartment in NY?

He hates the fame but sure loves the money & young women.

I think mid life crisis is right.

Anyone can say what they want about Kate but she's the mature one of the 2 parents.

I don't think either of them are all that mature, but Kate is definitely the nastier, more abusive, and shrewish of the two parents. I can't stand the sight of her (even though she ain't bad looking), and I definitely can't stand the sound of her. It's her behavior that has driven Jon away.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:41 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,533,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
[/b]

Yeah it is real mature to roll your eyes everytime your husband says something, not only in front of the country but also in front of your kids. You do what you will and say what you want but don't do it in front of your kids, take it behind closed doors.
Couldn't have said it any better, although Jon should have handled things better...However none of us knows what goes on when the cameras are not there. I honestly believe that Kate drove Jon to most of what he has done. We are all human and need respect and love from our other half. And from the national TV perspective he didn't get that, he was humiliated on a consistant basis. Belittled in front of his children, and family. So he search for someone to give him that, not saying cheating is right but this is how things happen people. People on here post like it's a sin or something taboo.

It's totally wrong to cheat, but it happens. No I don't want it to happen to me or anyone else for that matter. But if it does I have heart break and move on. So lets move on!

Kate's a witch
and
Jon's a A-hole

Don't like it, stop watching!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV