Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 07:57 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,956,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Yeah, while Kate is out with her Kiwi bodyguard getting her hair done and running around giving "speeches," Jon is there with his kids, taking care of them. Man, is he a childish slacker.
I'm with you on most of what you post, but Jon has been seen with two different girls now.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:59 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,689,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I'm with you on most of what you post, but Jon has been seen with two different girls now.
OK, if he's cheating, he's cheating. But Kate has been seen in, well, "friendly" positions with her bodyguard. If she's cheating, she's cheating. Both are responsible for the demise of the marriage and for screwing up their kids' lives. I just think Kate has been more of a catalyst than Jon has.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:01 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,538,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Kate's dealing with a husband who acts like a spoiled "poor me" kid. I don't think he's ever stepped up/grew up enough to understand that if he didn't have Kate to keep the house and the kids running/happy/in line, he'd be worse off than "poor Jon" already thinks he is.

Of course Jon can be or appear to be laid back...he doesn't have to do any of the hard work that Kate does b/c he's not capable or interested in what it takes to run a family that large. Good time Charlie only gets so far and when GT Charlie makes it harder on Mom...he's going to get smacked.

I'd be pretty peed off too if my husband "didn't get it" b/c I did I did the majority of it all on my own and he walked in the house completely disregarding everything I had set up to make the house run smoothly.

He resents her b/c she doesn't really need him. So fighting her tooth and nail, being passive/aggressive b/c he resents her ability to keep everything together is pathetic. He was nationally de-balled by his wife. And rightfully so. Be a man and do what is best for your kids. Don't whine about how you feel b/c there is no YOU when you have 8 little kids. He asked for it...could have selectively reduced...

And that was a waste b/c right now the show is on and they're getting divorced.

If Jon owned a daycare center ...last place I'd drop my kids off at. Kate...my kids would be there.
Not trying to man bash here, but 98 % of men that have children don't grow up. Their men, some are great father but still a kid at heart. No hating here....please don't think I am bashing men! Because I am not.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:03 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,689,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Not trying to man bash here, but 98 % of men that have children don't grow up. Their men, some are great father but still a kid at heart. No hating here....please don't think I am bashing men! Because I am not.
I agree with you. I raised three children, including one I did not father biologically. I am the best father I can be, and I can honestly say I am as good at it as any other man. I am also a kid at heart, and always will be. Nothing wrong with being childlike; just don't be childish. I am 100% adult, but I don't take myself too seriously and continue to allow the child in me to flourish.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:05 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,801,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
are you kidding?

6 babies at the same time. 8 kids under the age of 6 at the same time. Is that not difficult enough for you?
No one forced them to have these kids.
You choose to have children.

No one chooses to have cancer or anything like that.
No one chooses to LOSE their job.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:06 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,617,364 times
um, is it that serious? I'm sure tens of thousands of people file for divorce daily.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:08 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,956,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
OK, if he's cheating, he's cheating. But Kate has been seen in, well, "friendly" positions with her bodyguard.
I haven't seen anything regarding her being in "friendly positions with her bodyguard", but I agree with you that both are responsible for the demise of their marriage.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:09 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,390,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiGal View Post
Jon is a childish man and it appears he is dreaming of the day he is single again. He sounds like a man that loves his kids, but just doesn't want the responsibility of being strapped down with them full time.
Sadly, I agree with this. From this last episode it seems clear that Jon cannot wait to get out there as a single man. I think if anything hanging out with Deanna reminded him of the swinging 20-something life he may have missed and it seems he's trying to recapture. The way he keeps reminding viewers that he has "8 kids by 27" and that he's only 32, seems to reiterate that he's still young. Time for fun.

And why is he looking at apartments in NYC? Isn't that a bit far from the kids? Sounds like he's really trying to live it up.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:11 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,538,849 times
It's funny now that the truth is out about the divorce everyone is Jon bashing..
Whatever he did he did, I would totally not want to be married to a person like Katie. Maybe he was looking for a out...and yes cheating is wrong and no excuse.....but people we are human. So if he would have just got up and left everyone would bash him, if he cheats they bash him, if he stays we bash him. OMG! Leave it alone. I am sorry but Katie created this mess, not the cheating the MESS. She is a monster! I don't feel sorry for her at all. I feel for those kids.

And for the posters that say she is all alone now and doing everything for the kids....bull
She has four nanny's and TLC crew and volunteers everywhere. She doesn't do it alone. She plays to the TV people. Acts like supermom. Being a mom is a hard job to do yourself, not with help!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:14 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,041,924 times
How did this show become so popular?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.