Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 05:49 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,037,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
The only one I can think of was Jojo's mom- the plastic surgery nightmare that was drinking from the wine bottle during Ben's visit..lol
Yeah, that's the one. She was botoxed to the point she was swelled beyond recognition as a human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 06:52 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,196,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
During the hometown visits, it would be a welcome display of honesty if Corinne's father greeted her in the family home and said, "So how is daddy's horny little drunk doing?"

It will not happen, but we can all enjoy imagining such a memorable Kodak moment.
No doubt.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:28 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,555,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm so disappointed that again the producers spoiled the beans prior to the outcome of the end of the show.

What the heck is going on or are we in Florida an episode behind?

I like the black girl although she is far from pretty but she has a nice attitude and seems to have good values and great family.

The producers may have felt to satisfy a group in society to make her the Bachelorette as she is probably not getting the most viewers and I'm not saying this because of her skin color.
Why do certain people constantly feel the need to tear down black women? Yet these same people say nothing about ALL of the average looking white women who have been Bachelorette? Trista was not pretty at all yet some of you folks will praise even the most plain looking girls as "pretty".

I am really not looking forward to all of the negative stuff that is going to be thrown at lovely Rachel.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:39 AM

27,218 posts, read 46,799,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why do certain people constantly feel the need to tear down black women? Yet these same people say nothing about ALL of the average looking white women who have been Bachelorette? Trista was not pretty at all yet some of you folks will praise even the most plain looking girls as "pretty".

I am really not looking forward to all of the negative stuff that is going to be thrown at lovely Rachel.
You need to start reading comments on past shows. There have been plenty comments about other girls looks and behavior so even though the skin color was mentioned to refer to which girl was meant it was not a racist remark nor a remark against an entire group.

If you read the remarks about Corinne then you should have said the same about the constant tear down of white girls or perhaps mention her faith as perhaps you want to make it an anti Semitic remark when people tear her down.

I didn't see anyone being racist on this thread until you started to bring it up.

There is nothing that has to do with an entire group.

Nick already let go of the prettiest girl(s).

There were some freaky girls on this season and I saw them in all colors from the white mental health girl to the black girl who put her hands on his throat. Both made me feel very uncomfortable and it seems Nick had the same feeling.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:20 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,555,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You need to start reading comments on past shows. There have been plenty comments about other girls looks and behavior so even though the skin color was mentioned to refer to which girl was meant it was not a racist remark nor a remark against an entire group.

If you read the remarks about Corinne then you should have said the same about the constant tear down of white girls or perhaps mention her faith as perhaps you want to make it an anti Semitic remark when people tear her down.

I didn't see anyone being racist on this thread until you started to bring it up.

There is nothing that has to do with an entire group.

Nick already let go of the prettiest girl(s).

There were some freaky girls on this season and I saw them in all colors from the white mental health girl to the black girl who put her hands on his throat. Both made me feel very uncomfortable and it seems Nick had the same feeling.

Fair enough and I did not say anything about anyone being racist at all.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:39 AM

27,218 posts, read 46,799,974 times
Quote:
Fair enough and I did not say anything about anyone being racist at all.
Indirectly by saying "why do people have to tear down black women all the time" made it sound we have something against black women.

When you check the previous posts all the way up to season 1 then you can clearly see that positive and negative comments have been made against women and men of all backgrounds.

The show has covered people of all races, believes, etc. and I don't feel that race is an issue.

Btw some looked "colored" just from the sun and some were almost "black" just from too much sun!

Old 02-17-2017, 07:42 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,037,776 times
Quote:

Why do certain people constantly feel everything is racist?

Old 02-17-2017, 08:13 AM

953 posts, read 844,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Those who feel everything is racist need to seriously work on their specific issues and broader attitudes. It is also worth questioning why anyone who comments on a woman's appearance in a way that does not equal what some others feel is obvious in their eyes (such as Rachel being beautiful, gorgeous, adorable, stunning and the like) also need to accept the fact that differing opinions are not intended to create animosity within a thread, or unjustifiably bash any particular woman or her race. The higher the pedestal that one is placed on only serves to intensify the spotlight that shines down on them.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:17 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,630,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Because a lot of things are.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:15 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,307,454 times
Quote:

Trista is also pretty. I don't understand why you don't think she is. Not plain at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV