Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2019, 07:06 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,937,406 times

Advertisements

Watched E3
I am still mystified about some of the plot changes that seem so arbitrary
Renata’s husband turns dumber than dirt just to give them more story line?
Jane once again can support herself in one of the most expensive COL areas in a very expensive state by working a part time job...
Celeste’s sons obviously are not in therapy—and they need it REALLY bad...

Doesn’t Celeste realize what Mary Louise is really doing???
Spoiler
She is gathering evidence to use against Celeste in a custody suit for the twins...
And based on just this E she is likely to get it...

I am disappointed in how predictable this show has been and think it will likely jump the shark in the final half trying to redeem itself...
FOMO...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 07:08 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,415,048 times
I just can't imagine what it would be like to act with Meryl Streep in a scene!!!!

Old 06-25-2019, 11:19 PM

The thing is I don’t think Streep “acts”
I think she just “is”
Maybe she has to think about that a lot to achieve it or maybe she just thinks about who her character is and why she does what the script calls for her to do so intently that it flows like a wellspring w/o effort
Because this Streep is NOT a nice person—and she is immensely unlikeable
Consider any Streep character before and tell me one that has been this unlikeable

And I imagine that when we get to the end of the series there won’t be any of that understandable empathy that allowed the audience to see past Miranda Priestly’s painfully acquired pastiche of pride into her vulnerable inner self...
There won’t be any of the humble strength that allowed Karen Blixen to kneel and beg for her KuKuyu people and to live a life of unconventional individualism
And there won’t be any of the devastating conundrum that punished Sophie for her choice—

Mary Louise is likely the most warped character Streep has played...
Remember the description of Eichmann—as the “banality of evil” personified...

Old 06-25-2019, 11:24 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,976,991 times
Mary Louise doesn't want to hear anything bad about her son. Jane set her straight about Perry but Mary Louise doesn't believe or listen to the bad.

Corey, the guy from work that Jane went out with seems a bit weird to me. At the restaurant Corey interrogated the waitress about where the fish came from! Afraid he could turn into a stalker.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Mary Louise doesn't want to hear anything bad about her son. Jane set her straight about Perry but Mary Louise doesn't believe or listen to the bad.

Corey, the guy from work that Jane went out with seems a bit weird to me. At the restaurant Corey interrogated the waitress about where the fish came from! Afraid he could turn into a stalker.
I think he is on the spectrum as they say now
And yes—likely could be a stalker but could also be a protector of Jane and Ziggy

The scene in E3 flashback when Perry and Celeste are in the bar and he finds out she is basically estranged from everyone and he tells her “so if I got you, I would have you all to myself” was totally creepy and predictive as to him choosing her as perfect victim—

It is very difficult to imagine that Celeste was ever self-confident enough to be the ballsy attorney she pretended in that one meeting with the mayor last season
She has no self confidence and she acted like she had nothing to give up when she married Perry and move to CA...he was the spider building his web...

Her psychologist really needs to be pressing her to 1–get rid of her mother in law since the psychologist has to know that Perry rage against women was likely seated in hatred of his mother, 2–get those boys into therapy BIG TIME...one of them is going to be dangerous to the other or to Ziggy

And really—what school is going to be teaching 2nd graders Charlette’s Web is an example of sustainability???

Old 06-26-2019, 10:46 AM

1,074 posts, read 642,370 times
HELP!

Trying so hard to not read these spoilers. I am on S2 E2...well, trying to be anyway. S2 E1 I was able to get within a week, but every time I search for the next one (now the next two), On Demand bounces me around to this and that and will never actually play the episode.
I do have Hulu on my phone, but that is a last resort.
Any advice? (trying to avoid calling AT&T)

Old 06-26-2019, 11:57 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,043,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
HELP!

Trying so hard to not read these spoilers. I am on S2 E2...well, trying to be anyway. S2 E1 I was able to get within a week, but every time I search for the next one (now the next two), On Demand bounces me around to this and that and will never actually play the episode.
I do have Hulu on my phone, but that is a last resort.
Any advice? (trying to avoid calling AT&T)
It's not on Hulu. If you have a smart tv or Roku type device, you can download the HBO Go app, and watch it on your tv from there.

Old 06-26-2019, 05:10 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,565,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Watched E3
I am still mystified about some of the plot changes that seem so arbitrary
Renata’s husband turns dumber than dirt just to give them more story line?
Jane once again can support herself in one of the most expensive COL areas in a very expensive state by working a part time job...
Celeste’s sons obviously are not in therapy—and they need it REALLY bad...

Doesn’t Celeste realize what Mary Louise is really doing???
Spoiler
She is gathering evidence to use against Celeste in a custody suit for the twins...
And based on just this E she is likely to get it...

I am disappointed in how predictable this show has been and think it will likely jump the shark in the final half trying to redeem itself...
FOMO...
the Laura Dern character has turned totally unrealistic. Her behavior is over the top and more than soap opera.

I couldn't believe Jane talking to Perry's mom when she insinuated that she was to blame for her assault, what person would just stand there calmly and take that?

this season is almost already half over so I'll keep watching but it's gotten a bit dramatic for me.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:01 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,043,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
the Laura Dern character has turned totally unrealistic. Her behavior is over the top and more than soap opera.
Nah, I've known parents who are overly dramatic like that.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It's not on Hulu. If you have a smart tv or Roku type device, you can download the HBO Go app, and watch it on your tv from there.
But you have to have HBO on cable you can long on with or pay for subscription
Or have someone who will share their sign on w/you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV