Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 06:00 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,040,976 times

Advertisements

Whoa! That was good! Just one episode left to tie it all up. And there's so much to tie up...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 09:01 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,546,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Whoa! That was good! Just one episode left to tie it all up. And there's so much to tie up...
Next week is it, correct? No plans for a season 3??

Old 07-16-2019, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Right! Next week is the last episode.

There's no holding slot on IMDB for another season, as I usually see for shows that will continue (even with unknown dates) but it's not there for this one, so I'm guessing "no."

Old 07-16-2019, 04:17 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Supposedly stars are all too busy to be together at the same time for filming
But I think there might be some other issues

I watched the last two episodes today
Wasn’t really thrilled with the quality of the writing and script decisions—

Too much time spent on divergent story lines dilutes the main appeal IMO

I thought it was interesting that Celeste finally came out of her fugue when she went on the attack
And frankly I think that was something her attorney should have considered from the get go if she was such a great attorney
There is nothing wrong with checking out the person bringing the suit for HER/HIS suitability to serve in loco parentis...
And if the attorney had been more aggressive they could have gotten Perry’s father to testify about Mary Louise’s fitness as a mother
Or people who knew her when Perry was growing up==lot of issues with why men rape begin in childhood

I know this is a script decision but it is just going against the grain
Celeste wanted to return to law—she helped w/the musical defense in S1–she is smart
Her attorney seemed to feel that Celeste had psychological issues—maybe Perry’s death—that clouded her viability as guardian....

But as to Celeste turning over a new leaf—
She put the vodka up in the cabinet vs emptying it in the sink
And why no visits to her psychologist during this seriously stressful court situation???

Old 07-17-2019, 02:17 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,445,455 times
Such a good last episode!!! I can't believe theirs only one more left

Old 07-21-2019, 08:45 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,546,818 times
Well that was a semi-predictable/mixed bag ending. Not bad, IMHO, but not great.

I wonder what punishment the ladies face. Obviously Bonnie being the pusher is in the most trouble. But the rest are totally guilty of lying to the police and maybe (I can't remember) under oath. Celeste will no doubt lose her law license. What will the others face?

Apparently there there is talk of a Season 3: Celestehttps://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a28450680/big-little-lies-season-3-news-date-cast-spoilers/

Old 07-21-2019, 08:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Well that was a semi-predictable/mixed bag ending. Not bad, IMHO, but not great.

I wonder what punishment the ladies face. Obviously Bonnie being the pusher is in the most trouble. But the rest are totally guilty of lying to the police and maybe (I can't remember) under oath. Celeste will no doubt lose her law license. What will the others face?

Apparently there there is talk of a Season 3: Celestehttps://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a28450680/big-little-lies-season-3-news-date-cast-spoilers/
Maybe just trying to gin up their price and points...

Old 07-21-2019, 09:07 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
Having seen all of the second season I'm not convinced that it was better than not having a second season.

Old 07-22-2019, 03:52 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,457,674 times
So many questions.

If Celeste knew that ML was a terrible parent who blamed her child for a car accident that killed his brother why on Earth would she let her into her home? Or be around her own sons? Why didn't she just shut her down early on? If she's sitting on this "you made Perry into a monster and I know that" information why hold it close to the vest?

Why does Bonnie not love her husband? Where have wr seen any indication of that before last week's episode?

Can we just have a series called "Laura Dern is Angry"? Because I would watch that.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:27 PM

Eh. The final episode was just okay, in my opinion. A lot of it was so contrived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV