Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 10:36 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Loved Kelly's imitation of Alex confronting Luann! She actually cracked me up. And she was right, Alex was totally acting and looked like a crazed woman.
Oh yeah, Kelly's imitation was funny and spot on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 10:40 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Alex, Alex, Alex, who I thought the most normal one out of the bunch, why can't she stay out of other people's business's? Last year with Bethenney and Jill, this year Jill and Ramona. She made KooKoo Kelly look normal this time (even though she's not).
It's official now, they are all crazy.
I agree...her acting out her weird misguided feelings of loyalty by becoming these people's guard dogs ("I'm so happy you accepted me...let me slay your dragons for you!") is reaching new heights (lows?).

Self-respect and butt out.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:06 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I agree...her acting out her weird misguided feelings of loyalty by becoming these people's guard dogs ("I'm so happy you accepted me...let me slay your dragons for you!") is reaching new heights (lows?).

Self-respect and butt out.
I agree. I guess she's so quickly forgotten how none of them really liked her to begin with and I think it was Ramona that was the last one to come around and accept her and Simon. Now she's trying to be her BFF?

Even if we became civil, I can't see acting like that towards someone that not that long ago viewed me with such disdain.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:59 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
The countess has no manners.

The purpose of manners, etiquette, and so on is to make people comfortable. Not to establish social status. We don't eat with our hands at a dinner party because it makes the people around us uncomfortable.

When I watched LuAnn telling her guests that they were not at the Plaza, I thought of the scene in To Kill a Mockingbird when Scout had a friend to dinner. The little boy poured syrup over his entire plate, and Scout began to remonstrate with him, but Calpurnia took her into the kitchen. You don't belittle your guests. Your job as host is to do everything possible to make the guest comfortable. The guest wants additional hangers, you accommodate your guest. Your guest is late arriving to the table, you prepare them a plate anyway.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:20 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times
well hell i gotta watch this epsiode

Old 06-10-2011, 02:31 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

The purpose of manners, etiquette, and so on is to make people comfortable. Not to establish social status. We don't eat with our hands at a dinner party because it makes the people around us uncomfortable.

When I watched LuAnn telling her guests that they were not at the Plaza, I thought of the scene in To Kill a Mockingbird when Scout had a friend to dinner. The little boy poured syrup over his entire plate, and Scout began to remonstrate with him, but Calpurnia took her into the kitchen. You don't belittle your guests. Your job as host is to do everything possible to make the guest comfortable. The guest wants additional hangers, you accommodate your guest. Your guest is late arriving to the table, you prepare them a plate anyway.
BINGO

She says to Alex that she expected more out of her because she is "educated" (that she didn't show up on time for dinner). The Countless is only happy when people pander to her because of her "title". Well I have a new title for you

Old 06-10-2011, 02:49 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,357,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

The whole "I'm the hostess, you're the guest" thing is such a joke. Maybe the trip was countless's idea, but I'm betting she didn't pay a penny for anything. Early on she mentioned the Moroccan Tourist Ministry (as if they were thick as thieves) so I imagine they are footing the bill for free advertising. Countless is trying to make it look like she is a royal guest of the country and the housewives are her guests in turn. She is using it to enhance her "royal" credentials and school everyone in proper etiquette. Notice how she said (of the dinner latecomers) "This is not the Plaza hotel. This isn't done in this country." What - they have no room service, early dinner, late dinner - whatever - in all of Morocco?? She keeps trying to position herself as an expert on Morocco and traveling in general and she just looks like a fool. Heck, it took her several days just to figure out they were in the CITY of Marrakesh in the COUNTRY of Morocco. She thought the city was called Morocco. So much for her vast experience there.

She seems to think that the longer she is divorced from the Count, the more royal she becomes. And the other housewives buy it!!

Old 06-10-2011, 02:52 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,632,037 times
I'm sure Bravo paid for the trip.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:54 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,632,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
She seems to think that the longer she is divorced from the Count, the more royal she becomes. And the other housewives buy it!!
That just makes her countless.

Everytime I hear about the Count, I think of this guy...

Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,357,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
That just makes her countless.

Everytime I hear about the Count, I think of this guy...
Me too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV