Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 03:03 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,957,550 times

Advertisements

Premieres tonight on Discovery at 9pm EDT.

Looking forward to the new season!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 08:36 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,234 times
Interesting how the crab is simply gone. Global warming is taking it's toll everywhere, even the frigid Baring Strait. Surprised to see Wild Bill buy a boat. Is he nuts?! lol No Cornielia Marie. Wonder if they lost the boat.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:38 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
The show is still on? I had forgotten all about it. I watched the first 5 seasons and then stopped. I'm not bashing Deadliest Catch, but I get tired of reality shows after a few seasons. They get very repetitive, in my experience.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:34 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,529,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Interesting how the crab is simply gone. Global warming is taking it's toll everywhere, even the frigid Baring Strait. Surprised to see Wild Bill buy a boat. Is he nuts?! lol No Cornielia Marie. Wonder if they lost the boat.
CM just wasn't included this season. Guess not enough drama...

Old 04-15-2017, 12:35 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,880 times
I forget the name of the boat that looks to have sunk in a future episode. I believe it was one that had been part of the show a couple years back.

I hope I am wrong.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:57 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,529,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I forget the name of the boat that looks to have sunk in a future episode. I believe it was one that had been part of the show a couple years back.

I hope I am wrong.
You are. The boat that went down hadn't been a featured boat on DC, however the Captain and Crew were known by and were friends with many of the DC cast.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:59 PM

356 posts, read 281,422 times
Is anyone still watching this? And if you are, did you notice that Zach made $48K on Sean's boat and would have made $27K on his dad's? Lots more money and less harassment seems like a better deal to me!

Old 08-30-2017, 07:46 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,077,598 times
I'm still watching and enjoying it. I didn't realize the difference in salary. Interesting.

I am wondering about the future though. If Jonathan Hilstrand has retired will his brother take over? Haven't seen much of him. Has he already retired? Also, with Sig's heart troubles and the death of his friend I wonder if he will retire also. I didn't like Jonathan at first when I started watching but I have seen another side of him lately that I like. I like really like Sig. It seems as though all the older original captains are getting just plain tired of the grind and I don't blame them.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:58 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVulcan500 View Post
Is anyone still watching this? And if you are, did you notice that Zach made $48K on Sean's boat and would have made $27K on his dad's? Lots more money and less harassment seems like a better deal to me!
Yep still watching. Zach did make more money but with his Dad he gets a future. That boat would become his and a lot more money, and risk of course. His dad isn't the easiest guy in the world so I can see why he walks away.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:45 PM

356 posts, read 281,422 times
That's probably true about Zach's future, but at what cost? His dad plays so many mind games with him (some of it could be editing) promising the world, then taking it away. And Zach is still getting valuable experience on other boats.

My very favorite is Sean Dwyer. I am just so impressed by his maturity at such a young age. I don't think he creates enough drama to carry a show, though. He is not passive/aggressive. Like when he had an issue with the crew, he went right down and addressed it, no shouting or berating.

I, too, wonder about Sig coming back. I wouldn't mind Edgar as captain though, I really like him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV