Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 03:26 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I'm not sure how I felt about it. I liked it better than the episode about Luke.

Trying to think more philosophically I guess, I would have to say that the episode was really about portrayal of this societies hypocrisy and that you can't really change the nature of people. I think it's really interesting that the Commander, at the start, was so in love with his wife and so righteous. Well, look at him now. Look at what this type of restriction on society does to people. I also enjoyed seeing Nick's backstory and how he got to the position he was in.
He was one of the creators of it. He is so gross. Even more disgusting after this epi. It was HIS IDEA to round up women to impregnate them.

That brothel was gross. The one handmaid being _____ from behind in front of several people, made to kiss a female ***** all the while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 08:48 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
I gotta get caught up

Old 06-07-2017, 10:38 PM

Talk about intense! And then the end, intense in a totally different way. Exciting ! I don't want to say specifics yet.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:54 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Can't wait for next week, which unfortunately is the last episode this season.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Can't wait for next week, which unfortunately is the last episode this season.
NO! That is HORRIBLE! It's getting so good! Damn them.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:52 PM

OK, so that whole epi was OMG OMG all the way through. OMG joining Mayday. OMG intentionally going back to that horrid place. OMG he wants to hire Moira to get freaky with? OMG she saved the baby. I knew that girl would jump. And Offred had to let her. It was the kind thing to do for her. I hope the Doctors don't save her - she can't mentally cope with this. Or fight. But I felt the weight of it - it was so well done. I love the way her cape flew.

And OMG the end! Go Moira!

Old 06-10-2017, 08:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
OK, so that whole epi was OMG OMG all the way through. OMG joining Mayday. OMG intentionally going back to that horrid place. OMG he wants to hire Moira to get freaky with? OMG she saved the baby. I knew that girl would jump. And Offred had to let her. It was the kind thing to do for her. I hope the Doctors don't save her - she can't mentally cope with this. Or fight. But I felt the weight of it - it was so well done. I love the way her cape flew.

And OMG the end! Go Moira!
Agree. I just love this show! It's visually stunning as well as the plot - love the red cape flying too.

Of COURSE there would be brothels where the men could play despite their pious display during the day. Ugh. And this was all their idea; I can't wait until we see folks really fighting back.

Really hope Moira doesn't die.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Agree. I just love this show! It's visually stunning as well as the plot - love the red cape flying too.

Of COURSE there would be brothels where the men could play despite their pious display during the day. Ugh. And this was all their idea; I can't wait until we see folks really fighting back.

Really hope Moira doesn't die.
She can't die! I love her. I HATE the Commander. 'She's a degenerate'. Really. A prisoner, forced to be a ***** is a degenerate. What does that make you? He's a total POS.

All the rape was hard in this one for me. Once again Moss did an amazing job with her face. Showing the struggle of pretending she likes it. This show is brilliant.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:33 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
When I first heard of the plot I thought "no way". But now that I think about it, we already went through this in the past. Slavery. Jim Crow. Apartheid. NAZI Germany. Inquisition . Trail of tears. Salem witch trials. The friggan Taliban. The polygamists . Im sure I left some fundamentalist group or ideology out. Scary stuff. I want to see how Gilead came about?
Margaret Atwood recently said that she didn't make anything up for Handmaid. All of it has happened somewhere.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:25 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
I'm so sad that was the finale! I need MORE!!!!

And I need a new pair of contacts because I cried so much that everything is fuzzy now.
Let's review the highlights shall we:

I had a rare "Go Serena" moment when she chewed out her husband. That was fun to watch.
I bawled when June read the letters and then was terrified that she woke up with them all around her.
I bawled when they showed her daughter and she couldn't get out the car to see her. Hate Serena!
I bawled when they refused to stone Janine and stood up to Aunt Lydia.
I bawled when I saw Moira hugging Luke. She just looked so happy and relieved...that made me so happy.

I can see this show sweeping up the awards this year! Simply fabulous and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Last edited by SandraMoore66; 06-15-2017 at 09:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV