Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 06:38 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artangel View Post
Is anyone watching? I love this show! The level of talent this year is amazing and I hate to see any of the contestants leave.

So many good dancers this year! I was fine with last night's elimination. One more (whom I just can't get on board with) and it will get really hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 08:04 PM

1,235 posts, read 731,624 times
I have watched this show since its inception. I'm glad the "Hot Tamale" train is back. I miss the old crew of judges. I love it.....

Old 09-01-2017, 10:54 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Travis's "shadow dance" was a boring mess, otherwise this was a great night.

All-stars as partners was good for awhile but I'm glad they've moved past it. I too agree that Dassy was a good choice to go although in previous years she would have stayed in; this year's competition is just too tough.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:20 AM

977 posts, read 1,109,149 times
I'm always "late to the party" because I watch on Hulu, and this has been a busy week with the holiday. But I want to comment on Gabby and Lex's performance last week.....he did a single handstand that was fabulous and a spectacular low, sinking crouch at the end of the number----very impressive! Also need to give kudos to the hair/make-up/ wardrobe departments for that great, stylized look during Jenna and Kiki's 1950's jazz routine.

This week: I was entertained by Lex and Gabby in their hip hop routine and enjoyed the expressions on Lex's face----remember when he was criticized for not showing enough emotion early on? Impressive display performed by Logan/Alison doing African Jazz---what incredible shapes/forms!

The Broadway number featuring Jenna and Kiki was so much fun, and wow---so many canes to handle! Taylor had absolutely beautiful lines in her routine with Robert, especially her beautifully shaped hands and feet---so graceful!

The last number by the 4 danced to Maya Angelou's words was powerful and moving. I hadn't realized until it was over that I had been holding my breath....

Some fantastic dancers this season. I hate to lose 2 more next week. I wasn't able to vote, but I think there's a good chance that the final 4 will be Lex, Logan, Taylor, and Koine, although there is strong support for the others, too. I'm guessing the winner will be one of the guys.

Old 09-06-2017, 05:59 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artangel View Post
I'm always "late to the party" because I watch on Hulu, and this has been a busy week with the holiday. But I want to comment on Gabby and Lex's performance last week.....he did a single handstand that was fabulous and a spectacular low, sinking crouch at the end of the number----very impressive! Also need to give kudos to the hair/make-up/ wardrobe departments for that great, stylized look during Jenna and Kiki's 1950's jazz routine.

This week: I was entertained by Lex and Gabby in their hip hop routine and enjoyed the expressions on Lex's face----remember when he was criticized for not showing enough emotion early on? Impressive display performed by Logan/Alison doing African Jazz---what incredible shapes/forms!

The Broadway number featuring Jenna and Kiki was so much fun, and wow---so many canes to handle! Taylor had absolutely beautiful lines in her routine with Robert, especially her beautifully shaped hands and feet---so graceful!

The last number by the 4 danced to Maya Angelou's words was powerful and moving. I hadn't realized until it was over that I had been holding my breath....

Some fantastic dancers this season. I hate to lose 2 more next week. I wasn't able to vote, but I think there's a good chance that the final 4 will be Lex, Logan, Taylor, and Koine, although there is strong support for the others, too. I'm guessing the winner will be one of the guys.
I have to agree with your assessment. I have a feeling the blue haired (sorry, I'm so very bad at names) girl will absolutely be one that goes. She's been in the bottom three consistently lately. Not sure who I would place there with here. Two will be eliminated next show.

It's going to be quite the finale!

Old 09-13-2017, 02:48 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
I'm good with the final four, though I could've swapped Logan for Taylor. I think my favorite pairing of the season has been Keoine (sp?) and Marco. Kiki is my fave overall.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:26 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
Finally got to watch this last show. Who knew that the DVR would record with no power? That was a shock and a very pleasant surprise.

We've been without power since Saturday and just got it back last night. I was totally surprised that SYTYCD was on the DVR.

Good show.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:19 AM

977 posts, read 1,109,149 times
I was surprised at the final 4.......all 6 that were left in the competition are incredible dancers, it's true, but I do think Logan is an over-all (in all styles) better dancer than Kiki. I hated to lose anyone, but really thought Logan would be in the final 4. Of those still in the competition, I think my favorite is Lex, but wouldn't be surprised if one of the others won.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:59 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,222,939 times
Kind of wished for a Lex and Logan contemporary duo.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:36 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,222,939 times
I thought last night's routines started from awful to ok. I was expecting more from Mia, darn. The kissing was a bit much, would have been better to show it through dance rather than cheese it out - looks like the producers couldn't help themselves.

come. on. pizza? ugh, ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV