Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 01:26 AM

671 posts, read 445,773 times

Advertisements

I loved the red dress. Too bad that long cape wasn't with it, lol.
I am not a fan of Helen. She seems a tad grumpy all the time. Snark look on her face.
I like Ari. The others..I can't think of their names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 05:35 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,979 times
Interesting, if a bit confusing, episode.

My favorite look was from Amanda. Call it a wrap or call it a coat- it basically took my breath away. Her look along with Anthony's and Ari's (especially for the dress color) were my top three. I also liked Candice and Stanley. Not as much as last week but definite likes for me.

Neutral to me were Fabio, Ken, and Melissa. So neutral that I can't really remember their designs...

I haven't really liked anything so far from Merline or Joshua. This time I would add Edmund (how many times have we seen that collar treatment?), and Char to that list.

While I like Kelly, I didn't like her designs from the episodes so far. However, if it had been my choice I would have sent Kimberly home- both weeks.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:02 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,607,055 times
I really LOVED Alyssa's outfit in last night's episode! Wasn't it pretty! That's the first time I ever thought she looked well dressed.

Is anyone really "inspired" by asparagus?

There were several pretty looks this episode.

I did hate that awful pink dress that sent the loser home. That fabric is so stiff - it might have been good for pants with an interesting cut, but the minute she scrapped the pants for a dress I knew she was doomed. And her partner's look wasn't much better.

But I want to know: why is it not vulgar to show a belly button with a crop top and low waisted pants, but it is vulgar to show a belly button with a dress?

Old 01-19-2018, 08:13 AM

6,150 posts, read 4,519,654 times
I agree that the belly button in question wasn't unattractive and by itself it probably wouldn't have gotten the designer sent home. The dress itself was made beautifully. Can't agree more that the pants on the other design were looking much better than the dress ended up. It looked like it was made of upholstery fabric.

However, the very first thing I thought when I saw Ari's dress was that if Casanova had made it, he'd be sent home. So I guess there's some small justice there.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:09 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
I was surprised that they were all down on the belly button. Every last designer out there would fall all over themselves and kiss Kim Khardashians booty if she asked them to design for her along with all the other sexy sexy Hollywood crowd, rap artists etc. and showing some bellybutton is no big deal to them. Kate Hudson would wear that in a second. Versace tends to be very slutty imo. I didn't like it myself but I thought the black dress with the sheer sides was made beautifully etc. but in terms of looking sort of slutty I thought it was worse than the bellybutton dress. So why be down on one vs. the other? Guess they have favorites.

I thought they were very kind about Merline's. I'm not sure the right pair went home. I especially felt bad because Merline's partner (forget her name) was so, we are partners, her struggles are my struggles whereas Merline never seemed give one thought about discussing how to make their dresses work together and just kept blowing her partner off. Really selfish.

Liked seeing Whoopi.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:49 AM

919 posts, read 790,003 times
yeah, I enjoyed the episode too, agreed on the winning pair, and the losing pair too I guess.

So I'll just say.......that Ken is on his best behavior. (meds maybe?)
Dave

Old 01-20-2018, 01:08 PM

671 posts, read 445,773 times
Ari should not have been sent home due to her partners ugly dress.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:13 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
Ari should not have been sent home due to her partners ugly dress.
I agree, I really likes Ari's dress. Very chic and sophisticated and sexy. Thought it was done with extremely superb taste.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:11 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,483 times
Finally got around to this episode. I am sad that Ari was sent home. I don't think his look was the best, necessarily, but I do think he got brought down due to Melissa's look - which was truly awful - it reminded me of a 1980s/90s prom dress.

I also think Candice almost got screwed this round! I think Merline should be one of the next to go, but we shall see, I guess.

Loved the winning looks. Well, on to the next episode.

Old 01-26-2018, 01:32 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,483 times
Hmmm, OK. First of, I thought this episode was hilarious. I am also super confused by the judging. I am not sure why Helen was in the bottom, I think her design was definitely safe. I mean, I think Merline's look was g-d awful. And Kimberly's in the top? WTH? I think the all black one was way better. The other two in the top, I mostly agree.

Maybe it has to do with editing, but I don't get Helen's little tirade on the runway about how she wanted to make a fabric as opposed to gluing things on muslin? And then not understanding why everyone was upset with her? Major b!@# move. And then the childishness of not coming out on the runway and then the snarky, passive aggressive comments when she came back telling them she was safe??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV