Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 01:52 PM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
Here is your choice ... either start behaving yourself or run the risk of having to eat another jar of Aunt Bee's homemade pickles. Hopefully, that will help you come to your senses.
Some one liners from that specific show!

Barney--"Shoo fly---it's dead!"

Andy--"There's no chance in getting any of those pickles back, are they?'
Barney--"Are you kidding, they're scattered from Oregon to Nova Scotia!"

Barney--"Oh, don't tell me Aunt Bea is making marmalade now!"
Andy--"Well don't just stand there, go get the suitcase."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 03:37 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,128,829 times
Don't recall exact quote but something like this...

You ladies sure are laughin' and smilin' and having a good ole time. You must be cuttin' someone up real good.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:06 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Citizen's arreyest...citizens arreyest!! LOL

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9efgLHgsBmM

Old 01-12-2018, 06:06 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Why, after ending its original run on CBS fifty years ago, is “The Andy Griffith Show” still shown in reruns? How can it appeal to people who were born long after 1968?
Two words Moldy.....Barney Fife

I watch it for Barney....big Don Knotts fan...I have all his movies too,
been to Morgantown, WV many times.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:15 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
Because it was a more innocent time and we oldies aren't dead yet and want to watch it again.
and again and again and again...

Yep, I watch it all the time and I'm sure I've seen every episode more than once or twice but it's always good. I also mention Mayberry on these forums every now and again.

I don't think I'll ever stop watching unless they take it off the air and then I'll probably look for it on Amazon.

For sure my adult children don't watch it.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:39 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
I know stations edit movies for time. I've been surprised more than once to see a scene on a DVD that I'd never seen on the televised movie.

But the nostalgia channels really splice and dice these half-hour shows, and sometimes they delete different scenes. And it can be an important scene. Take the TAGS episode about Aunt Bea's bedjacket. They deleted the scene in which she and Cora see Andy buying the bed jacket, and assume it's for Aunt Bea's upcoming birthay.

If she doesn't see that, though, why the heck would she expect to get a bed jacket, then storm out of the room when she gets a case of canning jars for those dang pickles, instead?

Buy the DVDs on the cheap; you'll see the episodes in their entirety.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:04 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,227,229 times
Quote:
Why, after ending its original run on CBS fifty years ago, is “The Andy Griffith Show” still shown in reruns? How can it appeal to people who were born long after 1968?
The quality and appeal of the AGS was/is the sense of community, good citizenship, caring for one another,
home, family, honesty and respect.
I was not able to watch it when it first aired - too young, so I watched the reruns. I still enjoy
watching the show, especially the first 4 seasons with Don Knotts. Don and Andy were a great
comedic pair.
The AGS was the first time I saw a father on tv who actually hugged or gave a kiss to his
young son.

(there are several articles online that have some very interesting information about the
actors and the show itself).

Old 01-13-2018, 12:41 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times
Are there any people here born after 1968 who like TAGS?

Old 01-13-2018, 12:53 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I like it because it’s about old fashioned values and behaviors. Everyone was kind. Imagine a cop driving you home if you’re drunk. I also like seeing Opie, because my youngest was nicknamed Opie in high school.

Old 01-13-2018, 12:54 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
You can wonder the same thing about any TV show that's been rerun over and again. Why do people like Velveeta?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV