Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 10:28 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,688,396 times

Advertisements

Law and Order: SVU
ER
Dallas
Little House on the Prairie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 10:48 PM

1,517 posts, read 989,335 times
Twin Peaks
As Time Goes By
Voyager
Silverhawks
Thundercats
Mighty Morphing Power Rangers (i.e. pre-Zeo [i.e. pre-when-it-all-went-to-crap])

Old 06-18-2018, 11:14 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
House of Cards, the original British version.
You’re the first person I’ve heard mention this! I thought it was amazing all those years ago. Never forget that episode where the main character threw the woman over the balcony Never had seen anything so...evil Shiver...Never wanted to watch another version.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:24 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Aside from the few I listed earlier, I never thought I’d ever tire of my favs, but I have. I’ve pretty much moved on from American programming. I prefer programs from Spain - am currently re-watching ‘Velvet’ and more recently Asian (S. Korean - currently rewatching Hwarang) and will begin new Japanese series (Signal). I also enjoy British programming and rewatch Doc Martin frequently. Somehow, I think ever since Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, my tastes changed from American formulae in tv, movies and music...

Old 06-19-2018, 12:30 AM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I tried watching The Wire but couldn't get into it. I'll have to go back and try again.
How far did you get?

When I first watched The Wire, I loved the first season but I couldn't get past the 3rd episode in season 2. Season 2 is so different from season 1. I gave up on the show. Just couldn't get into season 2 at all.

I thought I was done with it. When season 3 started I had it on in the background while I was doing some other stuff. I was glancing over every once in a while and kinda listening. I don't remember what it was but something caught my attention and I was hooked again. From that point on, I watched until the whole series was done. It felt strange to have missed about 10 episodes of season 2 but it didn't seem to really matter.

I loved seasons 1, 3, 4, 5.

I've rewatched the series a couple times since. I didn't skip over season 2 but I struggled through it each time. As great as this show is, season 2 just feels like a chore.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:11 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
In no particular order:
“Monk”
“CSI”
“Murder, She Wrote”
“Criminal Minds”
“Law & Order”
“Law & Order: Criminal Intent”
“Doctor Who”
“Diagnosis Murder”
“In the Heat of the Night”
“Ghost Whisperer”
“Leverage”
“Midsomer Murders”

Old 06-19-2018, 08:40 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
How far did you get?

When I first watched The Wire, I loved the first season but I couldn't get past the 3rd episode in season 2. Season 2 is so different from season 1. I gave up on the show. Just couldn't get into season 2 at all.

I thought I was done with it. When season 3 started I had it on in the background while I was doing some other stuff. I was glancing over every once in a while and kinda listening. I don't remember what it was but something caught my attention and I was hooked again. From that point on, I watched until the whole series was done. It felt strange to have missed about 10 episodes of season 2 but it didn't seem to really matter.

I loved seasons 1, 3, 4, 5.

I've rewatched the series a couple times since. I didn't skip over season 2 but I struggled through it each time. As great as this show is, season 2 just feels like a chore.

I don't think I got past the 1st epi. I may have started the second but I'm sure I didn't finish it.

I did the same thing with Breaking Bad. I went back and tried BB again a year or two later and loved it from the very first epi. Guess I just wasn't in the mood the first time. Hopefully the same thing will happen when I go back to The Wire.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:51 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,525,447 times
Big Love, Seinfeld, that’s about it. Prior to 1980: Andy Griffith, Golden Girls.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:52 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times
Okay, I confess, I have all of these on DVDs and watch them over and over:

Northern Exposure
All in the Family
Seasons 1-5 of Roseanne
The Sopranos
Mamas Family
The Game (Seasons 1-4)

I watch whenever the reruns come on:

Columbo
Miss Marple
Death in Paradise (Seasons 1-4)
Midsomer Murders (Seasons 1-11)

Old 06-19-2018, 06:12 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,012,094 times
I almost forgot to mention "Adam-12". Probably the best cop series there ever was... I can watch those episodes over and over, and they are still good time after time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV