Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2019, 11:30 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS4EVER View Post
Ha Ha, that's really funny!

Something about her is off. I don't know if I just don't like her, or her acting. And you're right, she and Jared (if that's her former fiance's name) don't go together romantically at all.

I don't care for her brother and his wife/ex wife either. They don't go together either.

I just don't see any authenticity to her. She's not a good actress at all. She's stiff and wooden~~almost as though she's reading a teleprompter rather than acting.

I also think the writers ruined Jared. He's now a whiny, possessive, jealous, angry, immature shell of his former character-self. I'd be embarrassed that my character took such a soap opera-ish nose dive if I was J.R. Martinez.

And I agree about Ben and his wife. There's no chemistry there.

A season finale should have a cliff hanger element, and there was none. What's the impetus for viewers to return to the show in six months with no mystery pulling them back? I had such high hopes for this show the first two or three episodes, but the acting is so awful, the writers have not created an compelling mystery, and too many tentacles to the storyline. I loved Lost, liked the main characters, and wanted to see each new episode, but that was back when seasons were distinct and not so chopped up that it takes effort to remember and become interested again in a show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 03:53 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Is anyone watching the replacement program, The Enemy Within, starring Jennifer Carpenter. I've liked her in everything I've seen her in, particularly Limitless and Dexter. This show also features Raza Jaffrey, who should never have been fired from Code Black, and Noah Bean, whom I remember liking in the first season of Damages. I will be watching. Has anyone started a thread?

https://www.nbc.com/the-enemy-within

Old 02-26-2019, 08:24 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Is anyone watching the replacement program, The Enemy Within, starring Jennifer Carpenter. I've liked her in everything I've seen her in, particularly Limitless and Dexter. This show also features Raza Jaffrey, who should never have been fired from Code Black, and Noah Bean, whom I remember liking in the first season of Damages. I will be watching. Has anyone started a thread?

Some guy named jay5835 started one...

The Enemy Within. New Jennifer Carpenter drama starts 2/25/19 on NBC.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:45 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post

I watched a little of it, not the entire program. I can't seem to get into these series that come on. There on for like 2 months, then off. Or they come back. Like Manifest. I got interested in it, Then its gone. It came back in Jan and now off again. I rather just watch PBS more intelligent and interesting series. American tv has changed. Very short series and episodes. Short lived.

I don't think the enemy series is going to interest me. The subject matter is not what I care to watch.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:28 AM

43 posts, read 23,553 times
i stopped watching this some episodes back...has it improved or is it still horribly written with no direction?

Old 02-27-2019, 11:09 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat mouf View Post
i stopped watching this some episodes back...has it improved or is it still horribly written with no direction?
bingo!!!

Old 02-28-2019, 07:39 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
If it weren't for the DVR, I would have stopped watching this show a long time ago. As it is, I can DVR it and watch it when there isn't anything more interesting to watch. I may still discontinue it, though if it doesn't get much better. I can't get into any of the characters.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:41 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,303,872 times
I was interested from the start. The preview commercials piqued my interest, but with the myriad of leads, clues, non-clues and dead ends to follow, I started questioning my commitment.

At one point I mentioned to my wife I'm thinking of abandoning the show, anticipating she'd concur. She said, "No, I like it," so for now we're still watching.

We'll see, I guess ...

Old 02-28-2019, 02:50 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,187,089 times
I'm glad the show is off right now (is it returning).

I watch it because I have trouble sleeping. I dont know if it bad writing or bad acting or both. I just can't get into it but have liked some wacky shows. Maybe it's the pacing? So much is just so "wow, that was formula".

Old 03-01-2019, 06:43 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
I heard, just before he died, that Stan Lee was working on a new character that shoots death rays from her eyebrows. He didn't get finished in time, though. j/k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV