Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 12:16 AM

50,975 posts, read 24,467,741 times

Advertisements

Well, first off, I give CBS credit for tying up all the loose ends. I will miss this show.

One of the reasons I will miss this program is that it had a strong cast, and I liked every regular cast member (although Erica Gimpel's hair was distracting). Brandon Hall is a good actor; I hope we will see more of him. Same for Suraj Sharma.

And, for just a bit I was afraid they were going to make Miles find his faith...but they didn't.

The one thing that I begin to find annoying about the program was that all too often Miles & Company forced their way into other people's lives...even when they weren't wanted.

And we never did find out who was behind the god account.

But I have to ask you folks -- how did you interpret the ending on the mountain???

Last edited by phetaroi; 04-27-2020 at 12:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 05:43 AM

43,759 posts, read 44,531,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
But I have to ask you folks -- how did you interpret the ending on the mountain???
Perhaps Miles was going to meet the Dalai Lama?!

Old 04-27-2020, 08:48 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,353,734 times
I need to catch up with this show on Hulu. It comes on the same time as Call the Midwife, which is my favorite show. I'm curious as to how they wrapped it up.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Perhaps Miles was going to meet the Dalai Lama?!
I thought it said "she" is waiting for you. But he already had Kara.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:40 PM

2,525 posts, read 2,082,036 times
I wasn't sure how to interpret the ending, that's why i came here.

I will say that it gave me goosebumps tho....

BTW>>whose erica? and her hair.
thx.

Old 04-27-2020, 04:57 PM

43,759 posts, read 44,531,359 times
Quote:
I thought it said "she" is waiting for you. But he already had Kara.
I thought it said "he" is waiting for you!

Old 04-27-2020, 06:31 PM

3,290 posts, read 2,371,747 times
Quote:
Of course, there are other people who probably hate this show because the star and several major characters are BLACK. Oh my god. The sky is falling. And there was that Latino guy in show tonight. OMG!

Television and movie entertainment are diverse now. And part of the reason is that audiences are diverse, too. And I'm glad because there ought to be room at the table for everyone. No one need be left out. I grew up in a small town in the 1950s...and there were gay people there. In my college. And everywhere I ever worked whether it was the grocery store I worked in to work my way through college or when I became a teacher and administrator. Television programs should reflect our diversity.
Let it be diverse, but sorry, 99% of America isn’t gay. I seriously don’t that 20% is gay. So why shove it down our throats in every show as if it were normal behavior. And by “normal” I don’t mean it the way you think I do.i mean it as it is a rare occurrence, especially outside of big cities. Sure there is room for shows with different lifestyles. So, why aren’t there any shows that show a normal family. No Raymond. No King of Queens.

And I love this show. I don’t care that the star is black and the whole thing is one big giant melting pot. Doesn’t bother me at all. The sister is a lesbian. Doesn’t bother me. I was talking about every show out there promoted this behavior regardless that most people aren’t like this. This is the result of a super liberal, progressive culture in Hollywood who insist on trying to tell people that all of this is normal, or the norm, when it certainly is not.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:35 PM

3,290 posts, read 2,371,747 times
I think the show ended with Miles about to meet God, the same One that gave the commandment tablets to Moses. What else could they mean. Why would there be a random kid on the mountain and just tell Miles someone is waiting for him? But, anyone can interpret it anyway they want. I was sad to watch it knowing there will not be any more episodes.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I wasn't sure how to interpret the ending, that's why i came here.

I will say that it gave me goosebumps tho....

BTW>>whose erica? and her hair.
thx.
The father's wife

Old 04-27-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I think the show ended with Miles about to meet God, the same One that gave the commandment tablets to Moses. What else could they mean. Why would there be a random kid on the mountain and just tell Miles someone is waiting for him? But, anyone can interpret it anyway they want. I was sad to watch it knowing there will not be any more episodes.
It was a random kid. It was a Buddhist. And generally, Buddhists don't believe in god (I am one).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV