Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 05:04 PM

740 posts, read 475,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2022, 10:33 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,954,536 times
Thought the battle scenes were well done in episode we just watched
But my frustration with the novels about Utred are the same as with this series
The bad people are just so bad and rarely get their just desserts

A real king would have done away with his conniving father in law before he could have torn the country apart

And the ability to communicate news so efficiently and quickly in a world w/o any paved roads is supernatural

But I will still watch the series I guess
I laugh with my husband though at how similar the names are and how confusing that leaves us after all this time

Old 03-24-2022, 12:33 PM

5,848 posts, read 6,202,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

A real king would have done away with his conniving father in law before he could have torn the country apart
Ugh.....that guy. I just seethe anytime he's on screen, which, I suppose, is a major compliment to the actor (Adrian Schiller) and his performance.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:33 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,996,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Thought the battle scenes were well done in episode we just watched
But my frustration with the novels about Utred are the same as with this series
The bad people are just so bad and rarely get their just desserts

And the ability to communicate news so efficiently and quickly in a world w/o any paved roads is supernatural

But I will still watch the series I guess
I laugh with my husband though at how similar the names are and how confusing that leaves us after all this time
Nah England aint that big. I think the old Roman roads still intact.

Old 03-25-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Nah England aint that big. I think the old Roman roads still intact.
Yes there were Roman roads still in existance but distance is still distance
To travel from Wessex (bottom center of England) to Scotland—far north of England is matter of weeks or months depending on method—like a courier vs a wagon train…mounted men who will use the same horses can’t ride as hard/fast as those who would exchange horses at way stations. So it would be a matter of weeks for a trip to Scotland—-even traveling back and forth from Wessex to Mercia would not be as quick as what happens in this storyline…

Old 03-25-2022, 12:34 PM

3,853 posts, read 4,454,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Bump for crying out loud.

Season 5 was the best, imo and the perfect setup for the coming movie(s).
I honestly think they could have squeezed out a couple more seasons out of this. The possible vendettas rotating around a pissed off Edward...the Scottish king...Uttred's children...I could think of several plot lines that would have worked...not knowing the economics of these shows I'm guessing the show wasnt pulling enough ratings wise? I loved the show...bummed out that its over.

Old 03-25-2022, 07:05 PM

10,215 posts, read 17,911,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I honestly think they could have squeezed out a couple more seasons out of this. The possible vendettas rotating around a pissed off Edward...the Scottish king...Uttred's children...I could think of several plot lines that would have worked...not knowing the economics of these shows I'm guessing the show wasnt pulling enough ratings wise? I loved the show...bummed out that its over.
There's 13 books in the series. They definitely had the content, but they've been rushing through stuff and condensing things for a while. I think they hoped it would be as popular as Vikings, but it wasn't - honestly, I think we're lucky to have gotten as many seasons as we have, plus a movie.

Old 04-22-2022, 02:06 PM

740 posts, read 459,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
There's 13 books in the series. They definitely had the content, but they've been rushing through stuff and condensing things for a while. I think they hoped it would be as popular as Vikings, but it wasn't - honestly, I think we're lucky to have gotten as many seasons as we have, plus a movie.

I completely agree

Old 04-23-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I don’t even agree with content
There were events but most of this was the same ol’, same ol’
And that is the source material
Writer found a winning formula but drove it into the ground IMO

Old 04-24-2022, 10:47 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,172,253 times
Quote:
Haven't watched Vikings..Is it worth watching? I did like The Last Kingdom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV