Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 11:59 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times

Advertisements

Didn't see a thread about it, if one exists, mods feel free to merge. It premiered last night and I thought that it was quite good. It stars Canadian carrot top Rachael Lefebvre as a wrongfully convicted murderer who was exonerated and went to law school when she got out to help other innocent people who were wrongfully convicted, Kelsey Grammar as the sleezy AD who will do anything to get convictions and is trying to become the states AG and Grimm star Russel Hornsby who was the attorney who got Lefebvre's conviction overturned and then became her business partner. The subplot is that the murder of the girl who Lefebvre and her brother were convicted of killing is still unsolved 20 years later. I thought that it was well acted and save for a few cliché and cheesy lines, well written and it looks like a keeper. Between this and The Passage, Fox has really stepped up their drama game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 12:21 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
I didn't realize it was on last night. I had been looking forward to watching it. I will catch it on FOX's website. It will be nice to see Hornsby again.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:02 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
I don’t watch lot of Fox and usually DVR shows that I watch but will look for this On Demand and maybe put it into my recording schedule

Old 02-16-2019, 10:11 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
So I tried watching this on my Ipad’s ATT Uverse app—On Demad
And the lip synch is so off it was making me dizzy
Will try on tv and hope it is better
But there are two episodes—not just the pilot—now On Demand for anyone who wants to watch...

Old 02-16-2019, 10:32 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I don’t watch lot of Fox and usually DVR shows that I watch but will look for this On Demand and maybe put it into my recording schedule
If you don't watch Fox, you're missing out on The Passage too. It's good.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:22 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
I watched it. Thanks for reminding us it was on, Sophiasmommy. Except for The Resident, I haven't watched much on Fox in a long time. There was an enjoyable legal drama that took place in the South a year or two ago, but except for that, it's been just The Resident for me.

I didn't care much for Proven Innocent, at least not so far. I thought the previous Innocence Project inspired show (ABC, Hayley Atwell) was better, and given that that was canceled so quickly, I'm leery about investing in one that's not as well-written. I'll watch another episode, but are all her wins against Kelsey Grammer's Snidely Whiplash DA going to be this easy? Not much in the way of dramatic tension, though I imagine that will ramp up as we get closer to the end of the election process.

Is The Passage a supernatural story?

Old 02-17-2019, 08:27 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
I did not care for it. Neither did DW. I thought the lead characters weren’t that interesting or well acted. Even Kelsey Grammer wasn’t that good. The minor characters were very good but they can’t carry a show. Sadly I don’t think this will make it. Will see. Jay

Old 02-17-2019, 12:24 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Is The Passage a supernatural story?[/quote]

Depends on what you call supernatural I guess. I call ghosts, mediums, supernatural. Vampires I call fiction and "can't happen ". That IS what Passage is about...people being turned into vamps from a biological substance.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:53 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Depends on what you call supernatural I guess. I call ghosts, mediums, supernatural. Vampires I call fiction and "can't happen ". That IS what Passage is about...people being turned into vamps from a biological substance.
Whether "supernatural" or "can't happen," vampires are super-unwatchable to me. The minute I see one of those face-squish movements, I am gone.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:06 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
I watched it and I think Kelsey grammar is better in comedy than drama . Nope I wont be watching it again . Sorry nothing special for me .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV