Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 01:14 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,999,286 times

Advertisements

That's all folks!

https://deadline.com/2019/07/will-gr...bc-1202654017/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 04:16 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Until the next time perhaps.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Until the next time perhaps.

Nah, they're done. Unless you are hoping for some sort of "Golden Girls" type reunion. *LOL*

W&G started off well, but has slowly been declining in rating, especially after that Christmas episode.

Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally, and Sean Hayes all made bank from this reunion (reportedly five (5) million per season), this on top of whatever they were getting from syndication of first series along with a cut of DVD sales and other goodies. The W&G reboot will add to the syndication and is already selling DVDs.

World has changed in the eleven years since original W&G went off the air, especially for gays. That a successful, well off, Manhattan white gay man like Will Truman would still be tied to the hip to Grace is laughable.

They should have built another ground breaking comedy about gays, but this time with Will and his husband.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:43 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,351,014 times
I lost interest n it. Trying to hard.

Funny, now when I look at the original show I'm not laughing much at all. Not very funny any more.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:44 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,729,447 times
Yup

https://www.city-data.com/forum/tv/15...shows-223.html

Old 07-26-2019, 11:16 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,601,130 times
Had too much of a political agenda to keep me interested.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:39 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
I was not a fan during the original run. Never watched the reboot

Old 07-26-2019, 01:06 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,262,171 times
I'm a huge fan of the original. The reboot not so much. Some of the episodes were funny but not enough. I'm glad they're doing 1 more season. It'll be interesting to see Jack married.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:43 PM

First and foremost all four main characters were just getting too far along in middle age to pull off "happening" New York City singles.

Debra Messing had put on weight over that 11 years, and she sent up and down from ballooning to slimming all through this reboot.

Karen was turning into a caricature of Patsy Stone (Ab Fab), way too old for boozing and pills. Then there was the whole "is she, or isn't she a lesbian" thing.

All the middle aged white well off gay guys I know like Will Truman in NYC are either married with kids, married but no kids, adopted or had surrogate kids (like Andy Cohen), or simply are enjoying being well off and not tied down. They travel, hang out with other gays like themselves..., but they don't spend all their free time with some mooching female "best friend".

Show has boxed itself into a corner. Having brought W&G back totally making as if the final season didn't happen (neither Will nor Grace married and had kids), they can't go down that rabbit hole again. So only one left is Jack to marry off, which may prove interesting, but isn't enough to carry the show.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:08 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,262,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
First and foremost all four main characters were just getting too far along in middle age to pull off "happening" New York City singles.

Debra Messing had put on weight over that 11 years, and she sent up and down from ballooning to slimming all through this reboot.

Karen was turning into a caricature of Patsy Stone (Ab Fab), way too old for boozing and pills. Then there was the whole "is she, or isn't she a lesbian" thing.

All the middle aged white well off gay guys I know like Will Truman in NYC are either married with kids, married but no kids, adopted or had surrogate kids (like Andy Cohen), or simply are enjoying being well off and not tied down. They travel, hang out with other gays like themselves..., but they don't spend all their free time with some mooching female "best friend".

Show has boxed itself into a corner. Having brought W&G back totally making as if the final season didn't happen (neither Will nor Grace married and had kids), they can't go down that rabbit hole again. So only one left is Jack to marry off, which may prove interesting, but isn't enough to carry the show.
Why can't older people be "happening"? SATC spent 6 seasons and 2 movies proving its possible. And what's wrong with having a best friend as a life partner rather than a romantic one or being alone?
I don't understand why you (viewers) seem to want a reality show than a comedy TV show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV