Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 08:31 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,175,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Thanks for the info, Mark S. Very interesting.

I enjoyed the show again last night. They thought they had their new case figured out, thought it was an IT guy retaliating because he didn't get paid. Then the man they suspected was possessed
Spoiler
got an email that said "Hell is only half full" and he calmly got up from his desk, walked out to the balcony, and jumped.

So I guess they didn't have that one figured out.

Now that same entity, demon or human, is now haunting Ben (the tech expert) and his even techier sister.

Plus there are a couple more story lines about David's dreams and Dr Townsend sitting in his bedroom taunting him.

I like shows that have ongoing story lines, when mysteries aren't solved in one show. I think this one will be interesting for a long time. Now watch, they'll cancel it.

I watched it last night to give it one more try and I still for the life of me have not figured out what Ben's sister 's baby reference was all about or did they not figure that out or is it just Ben does not know ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 08:44 AM

1,763 posts, read 1,172,187 times
Ben doesn't know. Somehow the voice on the device knew about a baby, and by the sister's reaction I assume it was hers that her family never knew about. I bet that's why she's still wearing traditional clothing while her brother has Westernized his -- it was easier to hide a pregnancy under there. I'm sure we'll find out more about that next time.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:53 PM

wow I m not sure I understood this last episode at all . I was like huh what happened ? did anyone else feel like that . I guess you could call it disconnected so to speak from all of it . did I miss something ? im not sure .

Old 10-18-2019, 02:13 PM

22,976 posts, read 28,424,964 times
This show would work a lot better if the whole season covered one storyline. Having a new "case" each week is already growing tiresome. We're only 3 episodes in, and it's already getting very formulaic and predictable.

Old 10-18-2019, 02:49 PM

15,743 posts, read 9,597,001 times
Was the episode with the nine year old boy the third episode? I watched it first with my friend. My first thought was it was an interesting concept that did not deliver what I expected, but by the end of the episode I was all in. Then we went back and watched the first two episodes. I liked it a lot and I do not watch a lot of new stuff on network TV. Michael Emerson is so good playing a creep. I loved him in both "LOst" and "Person of Interest." I don't know ow long "Evil" may last, but I'll watch until then. One drawback so far is that they keep finding reasons why it's not supernatural.

Spoiler
I thought the case of the dead girl was better when it was looking like a miracle instead of gross incompetence

Old 10-18-2019, 06:17 PM

This epi was very disturbing to me. The virtual reality goggles weren't too bad until that Rose girl kept coming back. Surely the tech guy (Ben) knows how to block her, but she got around it somehow. I wonder if this will be the first truly supernatural story line?

When Kristen ran to the kitchen to cry at the end, I wasn't sure if it was because of
Spoiler
the 9 yo kid being murdered by his parents, or because she got notice that her husband really was in heaven like Rose told the girls? She broke down right after one of the girls wanted to go back in and turn off the Ouiji board like one of her classmates told her to.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
This epi was very disturbing to me. The virtual reality goggles weren't too bad until that Rose girl kept coming back. Surely the tech guy (Ben) knows how to block her, but she got around it somehow. I wonder if this will be the first truly supernatural story line?

When Kristen ran to the kitchen to cry at the end, I wasn't sure if it was because of
Spoiler
the 9 yo kid being murdered by his parents, or because she got notice that her husband really was in heaven like Rose told the girls? She broke down right after one of the girls wanted to go back in and turn off the Ouiji board like one of her classmates told her to.

Now I get it thank you . But honestly Kristen needs to tell her girls that daddy is not coming home . Wow . that is sad but what choice did the parents have ? and then to tell the police that the 9 yr old ran away ? I m just wondering how they think they will get away with that one . thanks for clearing a few things up .

Old 10-19-2019, 09:24 AM

Speaking of Quiji boards . My grandmother found one in her house we had brought with us to play that night and she told us to get rid of it we were tempting evil spirits into her house and she would not have it . I think she may have been onto something really .

Old 10-19-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Now I get it thank you . But honestly Kristen needs to tell her girls that daddy is not coming home . Wow . that is sad but what choice did the parents have ? and then to tell the police that the 9 yr old ran away ? I m just wondering how they think they will get away with that one . thanks for clearing a few things up .
IF Daddy is dead, she wouldn't tell the girls because they would blame themselves for letting Rose in, and for continuing to play the game after Mom told them not to. They used the Ouiji board after she had told them only to play with the cupcakes or kitties or whatever that other game was.

If that really is why she was sobbing, she would probably want to wait as long as she could before telling the girls so she could try to separate the two incidents in their minds and convince them they didn't make his death happen.

I agree about the 9 yo. The parents had such high hopes when he took to David, and they thought he was making progress helping around the house and acting normal. Then he regresses to being even worse. You can't just let him kill you and the rest of your family. The parents should have claimed self defense rather than lying to the police. I guess they panicked. In the real world, I'm sure they could get him into a psychiatric hospital.

Old 10-19-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Speaking of Quiji boards . My grandmother found one in her house we had brought with us to play that night and she told us to get rid of it we were tempting evil spirits into her house and she would not have it . I think she may have been onto something really .

I've never used one, but I've always wanted to. I don't believe in evil spirits. Maybe I would if the board knew something it shouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV