Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 06:14 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,404,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
The song Trixie sings to her mother was so sweet..great song. anyone know the name of it?
Smile by Charlie Chaplin

It’s been covered a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2021, 06:57 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,228,136 times
First, the one they wanted, and couldn't get...

https://screenrant.com/lucifer-seaso...-stevens-song/

The songs...

Chris Isaak - "Wicked Game"
- After the fallout in "Family Dinner," the musical episode opens up with an emotional Lucifer as he starts playing "Wicked Game" on his piano. "Wicked Game" is a song that is based on loving someone who isn't good for you in the long run, which is the problem Lucifer and Chloe were dealing with at that point.

Queen - "Another One Bites The Dust"
- When Lucifer joins Chloe and Ella to investigate a murdered football referee, Steve Rockwell, that is when he starts to notice something is off. As Ella begins to dance, the entire field of people breaks into "Another One Bites the Dust." To establish the musical concept in this particular show, "Another One Bites the Dust" is cleverly chosen due to the deceased victim. Although the coach does get resurrected at one point, he sings for a bit before going back to being dead again.

The Police - "Every Breath You Take"
- Later on, Lucifer and Chloe interrogate a student named JJ, who allegedly sent Rockwell a threatening email before his death. But JJ's mother displays many control issues; Lucifer tries to ask the kid what he wants to do with his life, as his mom claims her son doesn't know what he wants. Given the similar issues Lucifer was having with his father, he and JJ's mom begins to sing "Every Breath You Take" to parallel the two sons' respective search for agency.

Mash-Up of George Thorogood & The Destroyers's "Bad to the Bone"/TLC's "No Scrubs"
- As Ella struggles with trying to lock her attraction to bad men, Mazikeen wants her to embrace it. This is where the musical episode does its first and only mash-up of "Bad to the Bone" and "No Scrubs," sung by Maze and Ella, respectively. "Bad to the Bone" fits Maze's current state of mind as she doesn't see any potential for good in her, while "No Scrubs" perfectly sums up Ella trying to reject bad men from entering her life.

Finger Poppin' Wallers - "Hell"
- After Dan meets Lucifer's father for the first time and discovers that he had slept with God's ex-wife, the detective gets overwhelmed. Thinking this means he will go to Hell, Dan, and the whole LUX bar begins to perform "Hell," to make it very clear how worried he is for his soul in the after-life.

Grover Washington Jr. - "Just the Two of Us"
- Linda and Amenadiel had conflicted thoughts of Charlie not being an angel baby after all. That leads to a stroll in the park to become Linda and Amenadiel's musical moment in relation to their son.

"Smile"
- Towards the end of the musical, God tries to approach Chloe, which causes Trixie to sing "Smile" as her mother reflects on the current situation with Lucifer. Despite wanting to, God isn't able to go through with it and leaves.

"I Dreamed a Dream"
- The musical concludes with Lucifer and God having a bigger heart-to-heart talk, with the former expressing his anger about how his father treated him. This leads to them singing Les Misérables' "I Dreamed a Dream," reflecting on when things just used to be easier.

https://screenrant.com/lucifer-seaso...gs-soundtrack/

Old 06-03-2021, 08:30 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Glad I saw this thread. I saw 'new episodes' and was like ? I've seen this before.........I forgot season 5 was divided in two. Whew, there really are new epis!

Old 06-03-2021, 08:32 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
Smile by Charlie Chaplin

It’s been covered a lot.
Surprising. I dont recall ever hearing it before, and I love music like that from singers like:

Perry Como
Gershwin
The ink spots
Al Bowlly andThe Ray Noble Orchestra

Remember this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ9aT-Wa_tE

Old 06-03-2021, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Glad I saw this thread. I saw 'new episodes' and was like ? I've seen this before.........I forgot season 5 was divided in two. Whew, there really are new epis!
Yep, we just got the back half of S5, eight new episodes.

And sometime next year, we will get the final season, S6. Ten new episodes.

So I was bored and watched S1E1 of Lucifer. So. Much. Fun.

Old 06-03-2021, 10:14 PM

20,620 posts, read 4,409,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
Dennis Haysbert in the role of God was a great casting choice! I've enjoyed his acting for years, in films and shows and think he will be excellent in the role as "Dad". I was happy to see him.
He's got the whole world in his "Good Hands"!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i_Y5lewEKY

Best casting job!

Old 06-04-2021, 08:37 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,925,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
First, the one they wanted, and couldn't get...

https://screenrant.com/lucifer-seaso...-stevens-song/

... snipped...
I am glad Cat Stevens didn't give permission for them to use his Father and Son song.

Old 06-06-2021, 04:51 AM

1,428 posts, read 1,404,881 times
Wow. S5 E15 was excellent. I cried so much

Spoiler
Why couldn’t the angels bring Dan back? They did it all the time on Supernatural. I know, different show. But they did have Chuck/God in this one. Ha! But I’m wondering since Dan isn’t in heaven, if that will be the plotline for next season, to get Dan out of hell. I hope we haven’t seen the last of him.
And just when I was beginning to think the actress who plays Chloe only had one facial expression, like her stomach hurts or something. At least she showed a little more in this episode.
Tom Ellis. That man can sing me to sleep every night. Such a lovely voice. I loved the montage with him and Maze over his and Ella’s song.

Great season. Can’t wait for S6.

Old 06-06-2021, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
Wow. S5 E15 was excellent. I cried so much

[]Why couldn’t the angels bring Dan back? They did it all the time on Supernatural. I know, different show. But they did have Chuck/God in this one. Ha! But I’m wondering since Dan isn’t in heaven, if that will be the plotline for next season, to get Dan out of hell. I hope we haven’t seen the last of him.
And just when I was beginning to think the actress who plays Chloe only had one facial expression, like her stomach hurts or something. At least she showed a little more in this episode.
Tom Ellis. That man can sing me to sleep every night. Such a lovely voice. I loved the montage with him and Maze over his and Ella’s song. [/]

Great season. Can’t wait for S6.
Agree, great season. I also loved the musical episode, and as a general rule, I can't stand musical episodes.

Your Dan question is a good one. From what I've read, this was supposed to be the final season, and they wanted to go out with some emotional bangs, and Dan's death was one of them. Lucifer becoming God was another. They were literally filming the final episode when Netflix said, "How 'bout one more season?". Who could say no to that?!?

They decided the final episode was mostly okay as-is, and just made a few tweaks to lead into a "really final this time" Season Six. Ten more episodes. And they've said we will get more "Dan story" in S6. They were obviously vague, but alluded to not bringing him back as alive, but seeing his story wherever he is (up or down).

The good news is, the final season is already in the can. They went ahead and started filming right away, since everyone was together. It will be released next year.

PS: Removed the spoiler tags. The show has been out over a week.

Old 06-06-2021, 12:08 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
The second half of season 5 is laugh out loud funny. 'You lost your powers while you were busy drinking a GULPEE''.

Dan pouting at his desk like a toddler. I can't remember all the moments I was howling.

God and Lucifer in therapy together.

I haven't finished but I stayed up too late watching!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV