Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 10:31 AM

3,346 posts, read 2,215,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks she was a terrible casting choice. I always thought of that look in her eyes as just waiting for her cue, keeping a blank look until she was sure it was her turn. And tossing your head around isn't acting. She has no idea what to do with her body to convey presence.
All that. On the other hand, I can't think of many actresses who could play against Ellis in that full-manic mode. A stronger person would just clash (both as actor and character). Maybe the role is just stooge to anchor Lucifer's endless wicked grin.

But back on the first hand, these two actresses are so weak it's irritating. I guess both got cemented into their roles, Madison Lintz especially - she was cast young, had a minor role and has not grown up/into the more expanded one. (And again, up against a titan of an actor in a huge role.) Every time I watch one of them, as you say, wait for their cue to deliver a monotone line, it's painful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 11:05 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,897,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therblig View Post
...has been the weakest part of the series since the pilot. She's just not much of an actress, has no real presence, and is afflicted with that faint 'deer in the headlights' vibe that she's afraid she's going to forget her lines.

Turn that up to 11, and you have Maddie in Bosch.
OMG YES!
Both are the weak links to otherwise great (but very different) series.

Old 09-05-2020, 09:38 AM

12,851 posts, read 876,364 times
Dennis Haysbert in the role of God was a great casting choice! I've enjoyed his acting for years, in films and shows and think he will be excellent in the role as "Dad". I was happy to see him.

Old 09-05-2020, 12:21 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,256,687 times
Can't wait for S5B. I'm already impatient, and it's a year off.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:03 PM

"Oh my me".

Anyone else finish S5B? What a season. Can't wait for the final season S6.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:04 PM

Do not read this until you've finished this latest season... interview with the showrunners...

https://tvline.com/2021/05/31/lucife...son-6-preview/

Old 06-03-2021, 12:31 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,411,599 times
I’ve just finished the musical episode, which frankly I didn’t enjoy that much. The plot was interesting but the songs they selected were...meh. Except for Tom Ellis’s parts. That man can saaangg! You can hear the emotion in his voice. I especially enjoyed:

Spoiler
His duet with Debbie Gibson. What a surprise having her on the show. Took me back to the 80s.

Old 06-03-2021, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
I’ve just finished the musical episode, which frankly I didn’t enjoy that much. The plot was interesting but the songs they selected were...meh. Except for Tom Ellis’s parts. That man can saaangg! You can hear the emotion in his voice. I especially enjoyed:

[]His duet with Debbie Gibson. What a surprise having her on the show. Took me back to the 80s.[/]
I loved it! For reference, it's the second episode (S5E10, or S5B-E2) "Bloody Celestial Karaoke Jam".

I'm not a fan of musical interludes, much less episodes. When I watched The Simpsons decades ago, I'd even FF thru the 15 seconds of dance/musical we'd get every once in a while. But this was good. Really good. Loved the selections, loved the way they blended them in (both story-wise, and video-wise).

Agree on Debbie Gibson! So much fun.

Couple other thoughts from that episode:

* Dan's look when he realized that he slept with Amenadiel's mother.

* Quite a bombshell from God at the end!

PS: I've been spoiling major events, to give everyone a chance to watch, but it's been a week, and it's only eight episodes. I'm not a binger, but this was an easy watch. Spoilers ahead!

Old 06-03-2021, 06:06 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,652,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post

Spoiler
His duet with Debbie Gibson. What a surprise having her on the show. Took me back to the 80s.
The song Trixie sings to her mother was so sweet..great song. anyone know the name of it?

Old 06-03-2021, 06:13 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,411,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I loved it! For reference, it's the second episode (S5E10, or S5B-E2) "Bloody Celestial Karaoke Jam".

I'm not a fan of musical interludes, much less episodes. When I watched The Simpsons decades ago, I'd even FF thru the 15 seconds of dance/musical we'd get every once in a while. But this was good. Really good. Loved the selections, loved the way they blended them in (both story-wise, and video-wise).

Agree on Debbie Gibson! So much fun.

Couple other thoughts from that episode:

* Dan's look when he realized that he slept with Amenadiel's mother.

* Quite a bombshell from God at the end!

PS: I've been spoiling major events, to give everyone a chance to watch, but it's been a week, and it's only eight episodes. I'm not a binger, but this was an easy watch. Spoilers ahead!
I agree with your thoughts.

I’m going to have to watch it again. Usually, when I rewatch shows, I like them better the second time around. Unless they’re just really bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV