Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2016, 08:15 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
ahhh ...there you go thinking rationally again.
Silly me! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 03:48 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
WTH??? I FF through those scenes w/John & the old man. Can anyone summarize for me? What happened to DOOL?

Old 03-15-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
WTH??? I FF through those scenes w/John & the old man. Can anyone summarize for me? What happened to DOOL?
Did you see where Marlena and Ari were kidnapped? The old man was behind the kidnapping to get to John and Eduardo. He has a gang called The Phantom Alliance.

The old man is John's father. He is the head of the organization that trained both John and Eduardo at the Winterthorne Academy which was really a cover to train assassins from childhood on up. He took the name of Yo Ling when he was left for dead in Korea during the 50's and learned Asian forms of fighting. His goal is, what else, to rule the world.

Yo Ling has Topits disease, the same as Caroline, so he was the one behind Bo's kidnapping to get the drug that cured her. Now he has it because Philip gave it to Deimos who gave it to the Russian guy who was working for him. The one hitch is Yo Ling is dying of some sort of rare blood disease so he needs a match for a transfusion which will be John's. He plans to keep John as a permanent donor.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:12 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
You know, even after you see it in writing, it still doesn't make any sense. LOL

I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait to find out that this guy isn't really John's father, either ... ?

Old 03-15-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You know, even after you see it in writing, it still doesn't make any sense. LOL

I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait to find out that this guy isn't really John's father, either ... ?
I know! It didn't make much sense to me while I was writing it either.

It seems to me the writers on "Days" are trying to compete with prime time crime dramas and are doing a really bad job of it.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:17 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
OK folks--those of you who TIVO..go back to the episode where the old man was first introduced. I swear he is the same actor who plays John. The voices are so similar. they can do that with all sorts of tricks and it sure looks like him all stooped over, with wig and makeup.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:59 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
It's a guy named Tobin Bell that plays his dad.

Tobin Bell - IMDb

Old 03-17-2016, 09:58 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
It's a guy named Tobin Bell that plays his dad.

Tobin Bell - IMDb
WOW - I'm really surprised. He Sounds JUST like John... Thank for that.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:40 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Did you see where Marlena and Ari were kidnapped? The old man was behind the kidnapping to get to John and Eduardo. He has a gang called The Phantom Alliance.

The old man is John's father. He is the head of the organization that trained both John and Eduardo at the Winterthorne Academy which was really a cover to train assassins from childhood on up. He took the name of Yo Ling when he was left for dead in Korea during the 50's and learned Asian forms of fighting. His goal is, what else, to rule the world.

Yo Ling has Topits disease, the same as Caroline, so he was the one behind Bo's kidnapping to get the drug that cured her. Now he has it because Philip gave it to Deimos who gave it to the Russian guy who was working for him. The one hitch is Yo Ling is dying of some sort of rare blood disease so he needs a match for a transfusion which will be John's. He plans to keep John as a permanent donor.
Thanks for typing all of that. I did know that Marlena & Ari were kidnapped, but my DVRs (with four tuners set to record DOOL) only recorded the fist 1/2 hr of that episode. So I missed the last half.

I don't care for crime dramas, violence & thriller type programming. Been a DOOL fan for 30+ years.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Thanks for typing all of that. I did know that Marlena & Ari were kidnapped, but my DVRs (with four tuners set to record DOOL) only recorded the fist 1/2 hr of that episode. So I missed the last half.

I don't care for crime dramas, violence & thriller type programming. Been a DOOL fan for 30+ years.
Nor do I. The fact that they have added this type of story line to "Days" does not make me happy.

It's all so silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV