Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 04:51 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times

Advertisements

I have seen several of the girls(mostly non-winners) on runway shows. Yaya and Mercedes mainly. The winners seem to end up in Metrostyle catalogue for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
Well this should be interesting. I can't believe girls still go on this show believing that they are actually going to become "America's Next Top Model" Very few of these girls go onto work in the industry for any length of time. Not to mention Tyra's idea of a "top model" doesn't even match what you see in magazines or walking in fashion shows today. All that aside I do watch because it is such a fun trainwreck of a show and certainly makes for good entertainment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 07:07 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Well of course, a couple of the girls are being ******* about Isis becoming transgender. Ugh, really, if he's better than you, why not give him props?

Old 09-04-2008, 04:39 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,414 times
I thought the show last night was totally pathetic. All the space special effects where sad, and Tyra's cheesy entrances with all the girls (and boy) losing their crap is just tired. Most of the models are too old, some fugly, and some with too much junk in the trunk.

Here's the really sad part, I'll probably watch the entire show start to finish.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:21 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
The show has always been a tad campy, but watching Tyra push all those buttons on their future set was just painful!

I was floored at the behavior of some of those girls toward Isis, and was thrilled when she kicked all of their butts! Also happy that one of my least favorite girls already went home!

I don't think I would have liked McKey very much otherwise, but was impressed by her open-mindedness and understanding with Isis, so I'll be giving her another chance.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:30 PM

631 posts, read 1,886,275 times
Ugh, I completely forgot this was on last night. Sounds like I didn't miss too much though.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:24 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,247,610 times
I really, really didn't like the whole "space/technology" thing and was getting sooo frustrated with the overt discrimination against Isis. I agree. If you think you are soooo much better than her, then why are you threatened? I also loved how Clark called Isis a "he/she." Are we in the 80's here? OH! And someone else called the Asian American girl "oriental." I'm not overly concerned with political correctness but geez!!! sigh......

Old 09-05-2008, 10:03 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
I know that comment alone made me hate Clark... OK that and the bureaucracy thing! LOL!

Old 09-05-2008, 06:25 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,711,313 times
Aragx6, I agree w/ your 1st post entirely! I was glad to see the 1st girl go after that crap she pulled w/ Isis. I liked Clarke at first but couldn't stand her at the end. I like the French girl and the boxer too.

That space/technology thing was CHEAP and cheesy.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:50 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
I thought the show last night was totally pathetic. All the space special effects where sad, and Tyra's cheesy entrances with all the girls (and boy) losing their crap is just tired. Most of the models are too old, some fugly, and some with too much junk in the trunk.

Here's the really sad part, I'll probably watch the entire show start to finish.
Yeah, the show was underwhelming and a bit too cheesy. I thought Nigel and Paulina seemed to be disagreeing a bit more. I wonder if they ever think that Tyra is just clueless on what a top model should look like. It's possible Isis could win given the competition. She has a bit of spunk.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:20 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,987 times
I finally watched the premiere from beginning to end last night. I'm like many of y'all....I'm kind of over the whole Top Model phenomena, but there's nothing else to watch on Wednesday nights, so I'll continue watching, lol. So far, I really like all of them except for Clark, the Brittney who went home, and Hannah to an extent. Sounds like Hannah's going to have a rough week next week with the racism accusations. I'm ashamed to be from the same state as Clark, but sadly, she shares the same views as quite a few people from the Carolinas. Maybe she'll be the one to grow up this season since she her crush seems to be trying to lure her over to the dark side, lol.

One thing I really like is how they are able to crop those pictures and make the eliminated girl disappear at the end of every show. That's always been cool to me, lol. I'm a dork, I know! No elimination will be as funny as Jade's. They literally snapped her out of the competition!

Oh, and Whitney's Cover Girl commercials? Don't like them one bit. I would've rather heard Anya's accent again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV