Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 10:13 AM

645 posts, read 416,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Felt so bad for the mom and son. I felt both did really well through the race. Surprised no noe else has commented on this week's episode.
I was actually teary eyed when they got eliminated. Sad to see them go. While I like the gay couple, I'm getting tired of them winning almost every week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2024, 12:37 PM

4,356 posts, read 4,751,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Felt so bad for the mom and son. I felt both did really well through the race. Surprised no noe else has commented on this week's episode.
I was glad to see them be eliminated. I don’t like some of the things they were doing in the other legs.

Old 05-08-2024, 03:35 PM

1,033 posts, read 1,335,852 times
They had started to annoy me a little in recent episodes. They were part of the group that all helped each other in one, said they were going to run their own race in the next, and then asked another team for help before ever getting in the car in the last episode. I have a lot more respect for the teams that appear to be truly grinding it out to stay or get ahead.

The directional challenges still cease to amaze me. Some teams are so bad at it, although it wouldn't appear that it has had much of an impact in the results of most episodes, save for the firefighters that relied on "let's drive around and look for a plaza" as a strategy in their last episode.

The seeming lack of time separation between teams might create a little drama, but none of the eliminations so far have even been a little surprising. The mother/son team made their fatal mistake and even that looked to still leave them at least a little close.

Old 05-09-2024, 04:04 PM

Another good episode last night. I would say the four consistently strongest teams have made the finale and it would be a pretty huge upset if Ricky and Cesar didn't win.

I've seen a little grief for Rod and Leticia looking like a team that was cast rather than a team that really wants to be there, but they are a lot of fun to watch. I would like to play a drinking game where you take a shot every time he says the word "baby". I'm not sure I would be conscious halfway through an episode.

Old 05-15-2024, 10:05 PM

1,907 posts, read 2,278,531 times
Satisfying finish. Ricky and Cesar didn't have a time advantage for once.

Old 05-16-2024, 12:37 PM

4,356 posts, read 4,751,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Satisfying finish. Ricky and Cesar didn't have a time advantage for once.

I'd be curious to know how long windsurfing took Ricky and how long it took Rod to learn the Declaration and how much driving time the pilots wasted. What was the actual difference in finishing times?

Old 05-16-2024, 02:03 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,239,032 times
Not a bad season but why was it all based in South America except the final leg? We also didn't get to see any airport or booking flight scenes. Was this filmed before the last season that aired that brought those scenes back? Seems like a filler season.

Old 05-16-2024, 08:29 PM

This season was filmed prior to season 35 and I seem to remember hearing that part of the reason was that it was re-edited for 90 minutes episodes like 35. They did use a charter plane and there were rumors that plans to travel outside of North and South America were derailed by a planned charter plane falling through at the last minute.

It was a little bit of a wonky season, but I enjoyed it. The lack of directional ability all season was uncanny and it was ironic that a team actually followed directions from a local on the final leg and ended up in another state. (Who doesn't know that Geno's and Pat's are cheesesteak shops?)

Old 05-17-2024, 06:53 AM

12,021 posts, read 5,938,616 times
Didn't even watch as I was not a Ricky and his partner fan - but good for them - would rather it had been the football player and his wife.

Old 05-17-2024, 12:48 PM

6,591 posts, read 8,477,728 times
I didn't really care for this season. The format was just....different. No U-Turns, no airport/train station scrambles, the race was limited to just two continents, and how they started a leg by groupings instead of timed departures (arrive 10 minutes earlier, leave 10 minutes earlier).

I did just read that they filmed this season in Fall 2022 and were still taking Covid precautions like a chartered flight instead of commercial flights. That would explain why no travel scenes and why the race was limited to the Americas.

Season 35 was filmed last summer (and aired in the fall) so it seems like the Race has returned to it's normal format to include the travel scenes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV