Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 09:29 PM

15,973 posts, read 7,036,148 times

Advertisements

Anyone watched tonight? Many of the same actors but playing different roles in a brand new story. Quite gripping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 10:04 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,898,206 times
That was good. I didn't like last year's story at all. Can't wait 'til next Wed.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:08 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,163,582 times
I've never watched this show before. I thought it was a new show but it is really season 2. It sounds like the same setup at American Horror Story, but instead of horror, it's a crime/court drama. I think I will watch it because it sounds like it doesn't matter if I never watched season 1 because it's a new story every year.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:45 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,985,456 times
Loved last season.
This season looks like a winner.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:06 AM

4,326 posts, read 1,262,927 times
I loved it!!

Old 01-07-2016, 08:22 AM

414 posts, read 911,691 times
I was confused for the 1st 5 seconds, to see Timothy Hutton as a coach! Then the Mom of the victim, then the Mom of the basketball player...not until the last 5 minutes of the show did I realize the head of the school was Felicity Huffman (with dark hair)!!

Anyway, a sad side note is that a HS in TN is going through this in real life. Happened a few weeks ago, young man victimized by a few of his basketball teammates. Perhaps a "hazing" gone bad but a crime none-the-less. So sad that this doesn't happen just on tv shows.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:48 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,898,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieLu View Post
Anyway, a sad side note is that a HS in TN is going through this in real life. Happened a few weeks ago, young man victimized by a few of his basketball teammates. Perhaps a "hazing" gone bad but a crime none-the-less. So sad that this doesn't happen just on tv shows.
It happened at a Catholic HS where I lived in 2002. A sophomore football player was held down by two older players while a third "teabagged" him.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:02 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,445,455 times
Its hard for me to get the old characters out of my head for this new season

Old 01-07-2016, 01:29 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I've never watched this show before. I thought it was a new show but it is really season 2. It sounds like the same setup at American Horror Story, but instead of horror, it's a crime/court drama. I think I will watch it because it sounds like it doesn't matter if I never watched season 1 because it's a new story every year.
It changes every season. Last season was very interesting, but I think this season is going to be so much better. Poor kid. I tried to imagine how I'd feel if my son told me something like that. It would be horrible. Very strange about this story since there was a recent incident where a boy was sexually assaulted by fellow basketball teammates on a team retreat. It was bad enough that he had to have a colostomy, and I read that they removed a part of a pool cue from inside him.

If something like that happened to my kid, I think my husband would go to prison for murder. Or maybe not since this is Texas, and a grand jury might not indict him. There was a young father (very young, like 23) who walked in on a ranch hand raping his little girl, and the father literally beat the ranch hand to death. The grand jury refused to indict him. It wasn't like they thought the guy deserved the death penalty, but they just understood the rage the father must have felt in that moment, and he was actually sorry about it later.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:32 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieLu View Post
I was confused for the 1st 5 seconds, to see Timothy Hutton as a coach! Then the Mom of the victim, then the Mom of the basketball player...not until the last 5 minutes of the show did I realize the head of the school was Felicity Huffman (with dark hair)!!

Wow, I didn't even know that was Huffman. I don't really like that they used the same actors as totally different characters, but they're all such great actors it didn't take me out of the story too much. Who could blame the show runners for wanting to keep such an amazing cast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV