Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2016, 09:25 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,899,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Remember a couple of episodes back when the police described consent and the withdrawal of consent.

Those texts meant that the guy wanted sex at one point. However, it seems he withdrew consent later at the party.

It's quite disturbing that you mentioned being on a jury and not understanding the dynamics of legal consent.
We don't know yet everything that happened at the party, but at this point, I find Eric's rendition of events more believable than Taylor's. Also, when is "at one point"? Weren't the texts sent the day of the party, even just a little while before?

I find it "quite disturbing" that you would want to put someone in jail and ruin his life further by putting him on the list without knowing all the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
The texting I would think is the equivalent to what some people have when they hook up is a contract they signed for consensual sex.
This is exactly how I see it. Anyone who's watched an episode of SVU knows young people have grown up in this "sex consent contract" culture. Texting is the easiest and most modern method of creating such contracts. And in any case, didn't Taylor ask Eric when they were done -- after Eric "unloaded," in his words -- to "do me again"?

I think there are pics they haven't shown us because ABC's Standards and Practices won't let them. If this were on HBO or Showtime, we would have seen such pictures. On a network TV program, even one as bold as this one is, it's hard to know exactly all of what happened. We've seen some PG rated pics of Taylor at the party. But this was definitely an X rated story, one on which we have five episodes to go. That's a lot of evidence we have yet to see.

Last edited by jay5835; 02-05-2016 at 09:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 09:41 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,515,458 times
Drugged or not, a person can withdraw consent at ANY time they wish. They can even be in the middle of having sex and one person changes their mind and alerts their sex partner.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:10 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times
Quote:
Drugged or not, a person can withdraw consent at ANY time they wish. They can even be in the middle of having sex and one person changes their mind and alerts their sex partner.
Of course, one can, no one says other. But it's not so cut and dry to call the other person a rapist if you've willing spread your legs or cheeks and let another penetrate and then decide to say stop. What they did was wrong, but not jail worthy in my opinion. I may never want anything to do with the person, but, rapist, no, I invited them into my private parts, I'm somewhat culpable.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:17 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,515,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Of course, one can, no one says other. But it's not so cut and dry to call the other person a rapist if you've willing spread your legs or cheeks and let another penetrate and then decide to say stop. What they did was wrong, but not jail worthy in my opinion. I may never want anything to do with the person, but, rapist, no, I invited them into my private parts, I'm somewhat culpable.
That's the great thing about this show. It gets people talking and thinking.

Too bad the law differs from your opinion.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
That's the great thing about this show. It gets people talking and thinking.

I agree.

Too bad the law differs from your opinion.
I'm not so sure about that, it may depend on the jurisdiction this occurs in and how the people deciding view what took place. As I've said, it's not always clear-cut. Let me state, I'm not talking about the kind of guys or gals who go out and make it a habit of targeting people for the purpose of taking advantage of others sexually; if there's a pattern, then those people for sure should be brought up on some kind of charges if possible, but, still we need to have clearer lines and responsible behaviors on all sides.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:39 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,899,818 times
Someone on another forum transcribed Eric's conversation with the police:

Quote:
Eric: ... just getting more and more intense, you know? Every text, every time he texted me something was more. Want you to hold me, want you to hold me down, want you to hold me down and choke me,

Investigator: So you planned to get together?

Eric: Yeah,

Investigator: But it was Kevin LaCroix who invited Taylor Blane to the party?

Eric: Kevin runs the deal. We are both captains, you know? He's the man.

Investigator: Kevin didn't know you're gay?

Eric: No.

Investigator: Why did you two want to hook up at the party?

Eric: It turned Taylor on to do it in kind of public. Us getting off while everybody else is getting somewhat stupid. Kinda turned me on, too.

Investigator: Did you drink?

Eric: Yeah, but I wasn't drunk.

Investigator: How long were you both alone in the room?

Eric: 15 to 20 minutes.

Investigator: It was consensual?

Eric: He was the one coming after me. He was talking me though it. Do this to him, do that to him.

Investigator: He was conscious the entire encounter?

Eric: He was buzzing, but he knew what was going on.

Investigator: Did you provide him with alcohol?

Eric: No.

Investigator: Did Kevin give him alcohol?

Eric: I don't know.

Investigator: Did you offer him anything to enhance the sex to make it feel better?

Eric: I didn't need to. He was in to it. Just told me to hold him down, to choke him. And then he wants me to unload. As soon as I do he starts freaking out and gets all sad and scared like some ***** who's sorry he got turned down and I didn't need to hear that so I was out. And then later right I hear he's pounded, sparkling up, acting stupid, I come back, his pants down, ass on the floor puking on himself. Everybody snap chatting his ass. I felt bad for him so I got him home.

Investigator: After he was incapacitated you were with him?

Eric: His girl was in the car the whole time. The whole time. And then the next day, like the next day, he starts texting me, like, oh, I wanna see you I wanna talk. I didn't want anything to do with him. That's when he was starting popping off how I raped him and after I didn't want to give him anymore. So, I didn't rape him, I did what he wanted. I am sorry I went anywhere near him.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:50 PM

Yes, I remember that conversation he had with the police, the problem is, the girlfriend didn't corroborate it. We still have a he said she said situation here. At the very least a confused conversation as to what one or the other believed took place and when things took place. I'm never ready to just say, it's exactly as presented from first viewing, I want as much information in the situation before I place blame or completely rule out someone. Imagine a jury who just jumps to conclusion without examining all the evidence presented. We know that happens and we often know an injustice in such cases may have been done one way or another.

Here's a terrific recap of this last episode, I think it does a good job of putting this all into perspective. Not just saying that because sums up my feeling pretty much. The article, also, discusses the dance sequence, actually it opens with that references to the dance. There are some really great points on that matter in the article.

American Crime recap: Episode 5 | EW.com

Old 02-05-2016, 04:02 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Well, the gf said she might tell them he's lying...........so IDK.

The truth may be somewhere in the middle.

Not getting my hopes up that we will find it out, given last season.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I'm not equating anything to women, or to any "old idea" about them; if anyone of any gender sent me a text telling me they were "quick to ***," I would assume they wanted to have sex. Why else would you send such a text?
It doesn't matter.

I can text a man right now that I want to do this and that and everything but that doesn't mean that when we are together at a party it's ok to drug and rape me.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:06 PM

I don't believe Eric would all of a sudden want to get down in front of the world JUST for sex.

And why did he try to kill himself?

There is much more to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV