Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 10:53 AM

1,533 posts, read 1,592,557 times

Advertisements

In an effort not to spoil things for those that have not read the books and don't want to REALLY know what is going on . . . .

feel free to talk about EVERYTHING without using the spoiler alert here!

Okay, GO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 11:03 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,017,386 times
Cann't recall, was a heir named to replace Joffery?

Old 04-14-2014, 11:22 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,623,595 times
Sweet! Now I can say whatever I want. Mwahaha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Cann't recall, was a heir named to replace Joffery?
Have you read the books?

Tommen will. He's much nicer than Joffrey, though.

I'm going to spoiler this still so people don't get mad at me, even though this is a spoiler thread.

Spoiler
I barely noticed Olenna taking the stone off Sansa's necklace. That was really subtle, but well done.

Also, Margaery took the cup when Joffrey cut the pie and put it near Olenna. Was she in on this after all?

Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,547,614 times
How can any of this be considered "spoilers"?? I've read the books and watched all available episodes and I still have questions. Like the above post, people are just posting things that viewers (and readers) like me might have missed. I thank you for it!

Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,320,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post

Have you read the books?

I'm going to spoiler this still so people don't get mad at me, even though this is a spoiler thread.

Spoiler
I barely noticed Olenna taking the stone off Sansa's necklace. That was really subtle, but well done.

Also, Margaery took the cup when Joffrey cut the pie and put it near Olenna. Was she in on this after all?
Yes and yes. That is why I said in my hint that the women of that family play the game of thrones. keep Joffrey distracted on one hand, estrange him from his controlling mother, AND bump him off with the other hand + marry the younger and easier to manage son. Plus Margaery's family had claim to the throne in their own right. Cool move.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
How can any of this be considered "spoilers"?? I've read the books and watched all available episodes and I still have questions. Like the above post, people are just posting things that viewers (and readers) like me might have missed. I thank you for it!
True, what I posted wasn't really a spoiler, but I wasn't sure if people wanted to keep 'guessing' who did it on their own or whatever so that's why I used the tag. I suppose those people shouldn't be reading a proclaimed spoiler thread though so I'll do away with the tags now.

I had to rewatch parts of the episode to get those subtleties I mentioned. I have heard people say that Olenna drops the stone in the wine and you can hear a plink but I have no idea where that is. I also thought the episode did a good job making it clear that Tyrion had no part in it. How would he have anticipated being ordered to be Joffrey's 'cupbearer'?

On another note, I didn't see Penny among the dwarves doing the show.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:44 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,736,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post

Have you read the books?

Spoiler

Ok, who's Olenna again? Is she Margery's grandmother? I always have a tough time remembering names!

Old 04-14-2014, 11:51 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,736,593 times
I must say, Joffery's end was sweet!! Now Cercei will descend into the mad woman that she is.

Questions please: that guy who was tortured into a new creature named Reek, will he play any significant role or is he pretty much done?

I'm also guessing this is where Sensei is whisked to another place? Or is that much later? It's been a while since I read the quick synopsis of the entire plot on Wiki so I've forgotten some details and timelines.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Ok, who's Olenna again? Is she Margery's grandmother? I always have a tough time remembering names!
Yeah, she's the grandmother (The Queen of Thorns).

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Questions please: that guy who was tortured into a new creature named Reek, will he play any significant role or is he pretty much done?
OK, well again this is a spoiler thread so I will spoil this.

Reek is pretty important. I'd go so far as to say his storyline in A Dance With Dragons was probably the best one. He ends up in Winterfell, and helped Jeyne Poole escape Ramsay. (Jeyne isn't in the show so I don't know how it'll handle that.) She was being masqueraded as Arya and was married to Ramsay. Most of the Northern lords still follow the Starks and the Boltons figured that creating the impression that they married into the Starks will make their status stronger. (I actually don't remember if they know she isn't Arya or not. Someone can clear that up)

Reek/Theon helps her escape Winterfell. Ramsay killed his first wife so yeah she was going to have a short life if she stayed with him. Then Theon is captured by Stannis, who also has Asha/Yara (that's a Winds of Winter spoiler, but the sample chapter describing this is online) and is waging war on the Boltons at that point.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:40 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
I'm going to have to watch Joffery die three or four more times before I feel any sense of satisfaction because Joffery's death was way too pleasant for my taste. Joffery deserved nothing less than being turned over to Ramsey Snow for a few episodes (maybe even a season or two).

Having said that Jack Gleeson who played Joffery appears not only to be super talented but exceptionally grounded as well. Retiring from acting because of his disdain for the culture of celebrity and in turn heading for a career as an academician. Pretty bright kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV