Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2014, 07:43 AM

738 posts, read 1,000,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Just tried to find out when Eileen maybe leaving - she signed a short-term contract, which lets her do double duty on Days if she wants and also she can take a leave whenever her schedule is too hectic. Maybe, when the contract comes up for renewal she'll change her mind, but who knows... We really can't count on her staying for too long or for her to be a part of a bigger storyline.

Interesting fact I just read - Cady McClain (Kelly) is married to Eileen's ex-husband, Jon Lindstrom (he used to be on General Hospital). Interesting to read, but I bet it's more interesting on the set of Y&R for Eileen and Cady running into each other all the time.
Oooooh...that IS an interesting find. I'll bet also that makes for interesting conversation (at least) on the set of Y&R. So I'm guessing that she will continue her "pop-in, pop-out" recurring role on Y&R for now. I think that would be good for the soap. While Ashley is definitely damaged, she has overcome a LOT and she plays her character well. Gawd knows we need those strong female characters to combat the uselessness of Vikki and Abby...smh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Good find, the writers should take advantage of that and create a storyline with friction between Ashley and Kelly

Does anyone know what city they use as backdrop with the Skyline. I'm guessing a metro in Wisconsin since it had snow. I do like how the producers adds building shots to make the show seem real even though the real Genoa City is a small town.
Ya know Sunny, I have often wondered that myself. Having been raised in Wisconsin (and having traveled it's highways and backroads as well), it seems that the backdrop is as mythical as the city itself. My closest friend lives in Walworth county and I can tell you that for the most part, that's actually farm country. Likewise, the larger metro areas in the state really look nothing as cosmopolitan like the city portrayed. Heck...even downtown Milwaukee or downtown Madison don't look that upscale. So even as a native, I can't tell you where they got that backdrop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
But Ashley might want to use this incident to break up any potential relationship between Stitch and Victoria with the thought also that Billy should back together with Victoria.
I noticed that when all the hullabaloo was going on about Vikki and Billy and Stitch and the baby, Ashley was surprised to find out that Stitch thought he and Vikki might still have a chance so I think you're correct that she could use the incident as leverage to put the kibosh on any long-term relationship plans that Stitch is making. A while back, I recall a conversation between Abby and Ashley about how Billy and Vikki belong together and now that they share a child they really have a chance...that whole love conquers all BS...and then Abby mentioned that Vikki was still interested in Stitch. When Abby said that, Ashley looked off in the distance and said something like "Really?...well we'll just have to see about that." When Abby pressed Ashley for details, Ashley responded with something along the lines of "I may have a plan." Of course that was weeks ago, but at the time, Abby led the viewers to believe that Ashley was going to flat out pursue Stitch. Maybe this is her "in" to get the 'plan' rolling...whatever 'plan' that is.

I for one, am glad the whole 'who's the baby daddy' game is done with and the writers can get on with juicing up the storylines. I'm finally starting to see some life moving ahead in GC and characters facing turmoil that should keep us all on the edge of our seats for a while .

RVcook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 12:45 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
Eileen's character on DOOL literally stole a fertilized egg from a younger equally evil character (Teresa) AND HAD IT IMPLANTED IN HER AND TOLD THE BD "i'M LEAVING TOWN FOR NOW BUT i'LL BE TAKING A BIG PART OF YOU WITH ME" tHAT TOLD ME SHE WAS DEFINITELY COMING BACk...PROBABLY WHEN SHE IS FINISHED WITH THE CURRENT y&r STORY LINE.

sorry for caps...too lazy to go back and change it.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:16 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,165,845 times
Default Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVcook View Post
Oooooh...that IS an interesting find. I'll bet also that makes for interesting conversation (at least) on the set of Y&R. So I'm guessing that she will continue her "pop-in, pop-out" recurring role on Y&R for now. I think that would be good for the soap. While Ashley is definitely damaged, she has overcome a LOT and she plays her character well. Gawd knows we need those strong female characters to combat the uselessness of Vikki and Abby...smh...

RVcook
Yes, Ashley is one of the more stronger female characters in a show populated by the likes of Abby, Vikki (more like her father and brother when it comes to using sex to forget their troubles when the going gets rough), Hilary, Summer, and Phyllis. I would add Nikki to the list but she is actually very strong at times, despite the little girl voice and occasional lapse in judgement. I hope Ashley stays on a lot longer and they can actually build a bigger storyline around her, and that scene between her and Abbey a while ago really gives hope that Ashley will do something to sabotage Vikki and Stitch's relationship.

Maybe, the backdrop is all make believe and they used a computer to cut and paste or create fake building facades. I heard there are computer games where you can build your own house and furnish it - I forgot what this game is call, but it's pretty popular. The Sims? I've seen some videos and it looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:20 PM

Default Eileen

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Eileen's character on DOOL literally stole a fertilized egg from a younger equally evil character (Teresa) AND HAD IT IMPLANTED IN HER AND TOLD THE BD "i'M LEAVING TOWN FOR NOW BUT i'LL BE TAKING A BIG PART OF YOU WITH ME" tHAT TOLD ME SHE WAS DEFINITELY COMING BACk...PROBABLY WHEN SHE IS FINISHED WITH THE CURRENT y&r STORY LINE.

sorry for caps...too lazy to go back and change it.
Sounds like there are some wild things happening on DOOL. I haven't watched the show in a while, but I watched it daily during the 80s, part of 90s - the Bo and Hope, Tony and Anna, Eugene and Calliope days, also Stefano - oh and Patch and Kayla, of course, then in the late 90s early 2000's it sort of lost it for me and I never really got back to it since then. I do remember Eileen playing Susan! She's really a great actress and I hope she sticks with Y&R, but that Dool storyline sounds really juicy.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:23 PM

Default Billy and Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
But Ashley might want to use this incident to break up any potential relationship between Stitch and Victoria with the thought also that Billy should back together with Victoria.
If it was Old Billy, I would be excited for a Victoria and Billy reconciliation, but with New Billy - uh, not so much

Old 12-14-2014, 08:30 PM

Default Great Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Good find, the writers should take advantage of that and create a storyline with friction between Ashley and Kelly

Does anyone know what city they use as backdrop with the Skyline. I'm guessing a metro in Wisconsin since it had snow. I do like how the producers adds building shots to make the show seem real even though the real Genoa City is a small town.
That is a really great idea! The writers should definitely write a conflict storyline between Ashley and Kelly. I'm sure there would be plenty of sparks! A ex-wife and a new wife (Kelly just married Eileen's ex-husband last February). Cady McClain has also written a book this past year about her childhood with an alcoholic father and being abused - I didn't know anything about her terrible childhood before. She was also in a 1981 BandAid commercial.

I don't recognize that backdrop, but it could all be computer created and it really doesn't exist in reality.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:50 AM

DH thinks it computer generated (CGI) too. Wisconsin would be lucky to get such an upscale looking city, but I'm certainly not holding my breath...lol.

RVcook

Old 12-15-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
If it was Old Billy, I would be excited for a Victoria and Billy reconciliation, but with New Billy - uh, not so much
Agreed CoolG...Old Billy YES, new Billy NO! Old Billy's character had been such a loveable loser. And for Vikki evidently, the loser she hates to love. Now the new Billy?...well, he's just...off.

The old Billy would go on a drinking bender, or struggle with a gambling addiction. When he got into trouble with gambling losses, Jack shipped his sorry a$$ off to China. When he came back, his losses caught up with him and Vikki got kidnapped. Then he got drunk again and ended up with marrying Vikki. Then he bought a baby on the black market as a present for Vikki (uhhhh...OK...Like you couldn't see how that was going to turn out...) Then he did something else stupid (don't remember what it was THAT time), left Vikki and ended up in a Myanmar prison, after sleeping with Chelsea and getting her pregnant. Then when he left a C-H-I-L-D in a car with the stupid dog that Vikki didn't want him to get her, Adam killed her and after all that, we are supposed to believe that the only thing that new Billy puts out there is that he's still mad at Adam?

Old Billy played the roll of a loveable screw-up perfectly...wrapping up all his flaws into a big ball and throwing it into different directions, but still remaining consistent in his portrayal of the character. Evidently this new Billy has given up on all that 'spoiled, trust-fund, frat-boy' stuff and has been miraculously transformed into this...whatever this is. And from where I'm sitting, all I'm seeing is a stiff, non-emotional, mono-toned line-spewing, robotic mannequin who is doing a disservice to all the other characters who interact with him. I'll say it again...as much as I disliked David Tom in the roll of Billy Abbot (because I was still grieving the loss of Billy Miller...obviously ), at least he brought some emotion and life to the character. This new Billy is far from loveable, far from emotional and far from lifelike...in any sense of the word.

Yeah...I think I'm crabby today

RVcook

Old 12-15-2014, 07:46 PM

Default New Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVcook View Post
Agreed CoolG...Old Billy YES, new Billy NO! Old Billy's character had been such a loveable loser. And for Vikki evidently, the loser she hates to love. Now the new Billy?...well, he's just...off.

The old Billy would go on a drinking bender, or struggle with a gambling addiction. When he got into trouble with gambling losses, Jack shipped his sorry a$$ off to China. When he came back, his losses caught up with him and Vikki got kidnapped. Then he got drunk again and ended up with marrying Vikki. Then he bought a baby on the black market as a present for Vikki (uhhhh...OK...Like you couldn't see how that was going to turn out...) Then he did something else stupid (don't remember what it was THAT time), left Vikki and ended up in a Myanmar prison, after sleeping with Chelsea and getting her pregnant. Then when he left a C-H-I-L-D in a car with the stupid dog that Vikki didn't want him to get her, Adam killed her and after all that, we are supposed to believe that the only thing that new Billy puts out there is that he's still mad at Adam?

Old Billy played the roll of a loveable screw-up perfectly...wrapping up all his flaws into a big ball and throwing it into different directions, but still remaining consistent in his portrayal of the character. Evidently this new Billy has given up on all that 'spoiled, trust-fund, frat-boy' stuff and has been miraculously transformed into this...whatever this is. And from where I'm sitting, all I'm seeing is a stiff, non-emotional, mono-toned line-spewing, robotic mannequin who is doing a disservice to all the other characters who interact with him. I'll say it again...as much as I disliked David Tom in the roll of Billy Abbot (because I was still grieving the loss of Billy Miller...obviously ), at least he brought some emotion and life to the character. This new Billy is far from loveable, far from emotional and far from lifelike...in any sense of the word.

Yeah...I think I'm crabby today

RVcook
You know? That is New Billy's problem - I couldn't put my finger on it, but the scenes that he is in, you are left unsatisfied because he doesn't show much emotion and he seems to be just saying the lines. I just think back to when he found out Katy was his - what an anticlimax that was, after all the months we waited to know. There really was not that much emotion and I thought finding out that he was the father would have him crying tears of happiness at his miracle daughter or something more than the emotions than would of been expressed if he just got a promotion (if he had a real job - I think he is working at Jabot temporarily, I think). Can you imagine Old Billy doing that scene? He would of done a slam dunk. The Billy character played by Old Billy was a lovable loser and just like Vikki, we forgave him all his faults, but with New Billy when he slips up, it's hard to cut him some lack or feel sympathetic for him. And, with Jill being a real jerk (I actually had a stronger word) yesterday with the picture thing and the little snide remarks, it was irritating. She really has complete amnesia when she says that her son and Vikki are with the wrong people and that they should get together again. She doesn't remember all the horrible things he has put Vikki through and made her suffer. Jill was a real pain

Old 12-15-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
You know? That is New Billy's problem - I couldn't put my finger on it, but the scenes that he is in, you are left unsatisfied because he doesn't show much emotion and he seems to be just saying the lines. I just think back to when he found out Katy was his - what an anticlimax that was, after all the months we waited to know. There really was not that much emotion and I thought finding out that he was the father would have him crying tears of happiness at his miracle daughter or something more than the emotions than would of been expressed if he just got a promotion (if he had a real job - I think he is working at Jabot temporarily, I think). Can you imagine Old Billy doing that scene? He would of done a slam dunk. The Billy character played by Old Billy was a lovable loser and just like Vikki, we forgave him all his faults, but with New Billy when he slips up, it's hard to cut him some lack or feel sympathetic for him. And, with Jill being a real jerk (I actually had a stronger word) yesterday with the picture thing and the little snide remarks, it was irritating. She really has complete amnesia when she says that her son and Vikki are with the wrong people and that they should get together again. She doesn't remember all the horrible things he has put Vikki through and made her suffer. Jill was a real pain
Yes...saw it again today...robotic lines...emotionless facial expressions. "Domo origato, Mr. Roboto!" I really can't take him seriously at all. Old Billy would have had the biggest, toothy smile if he found out that Katy was his!...doing high-5's and a jiggy-dance to top it off. He would certainly not have acted like you said, as if he got a promotion...too funny .

And Jill! What a beyatch! I've noticed her recurring role in this soap has been fading for a while so her sudden reappearance and obnoxious behavior is not a surprise. And even though it was gracious of Stitch to just sit there, I have to admit, that if I were Stitch, I would have excused myself, just gone to the bathroom for a while...and slipped outside so they could have their whole 'family' moment and take their own damn pictures .

For me the 'cutest' (or maybe some might say corniest) storyline is with Dylan and Avery. It almost plays like a fairy-tale romance so it's fun to watch. And while I'm happy the Devon/Hillary exposure has died down, I'm also glad that Lilly and Cain are ramping it up against slime-guy Joe Clark. I think Lilly is a great actress even though I despised her when she was playing Mean Girl to Hillary. Saw Nick get that glint in his eye when he met Sage...so we can all guess where that's going . And I was actually surprised that Mariah and Kevin made a connection. She was such an evil skamp and he was so enmeshed in his fantasy world that it seemed unlikely to me that they would, good grief...kiss!!! Abby REALLY needs a man (yeah, some women find their identity through their relationships and Abby is one of those) I would love to see her with some loveable loser like her uncle new Billy. Ashley wields a lot of power so I'm waiting to see her use it to drive a wedge between Stitch and Vikki. Jack and Phyllis deserve each other and with Kelly shoveling all that anger (and rightly so!) at them, Jack should also be taking a hiatus from all romance for a while. Colin?...who cares. Neil?...wake up so you can see your wife for exactly what she is. Summer and (what's his name???) need an awakening to real life and understand that Summer's idea of "everything has to be perfect"...(insert vomit emoticon) isn't the way life works. Victor...yawn. Nikki...girlfriend!...get that booze outta here! Sharon's showing some promise by hiring a good lawyer and not just rolling over on the custody battle...good for her! And then there's Paul and Cricket...sigh... Even though Paul seems super-excited at the prospect of being a father yet again, will Cricket E-V-E-R be happy??? She has such a mopey-face all the time...I don't know, maybe it's her 70's hairdo...it's really hard to tell. And finally, I do think that Michael and Lauren will have the most challenging storyline in the coming months. Sorry to say, this one hits a little too close to home for me...sad to watch .

So what say you? Any extra thoughts you want to add? And who did I leave out?...OK, Esther doesn't count...

RVcook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV