Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2015, 06:30 AM

738 posts, read 999,922 times

Advertisements

When I saw the coming attractions and there was a snippet of that scene, I too was surprised. Unfortunately, it was only a dream

I'm assuming that because there has been little activity here, aside from your post CoolG, the past two days the episodes were boring for everyone like they were for me...yawn. Been watching the Bold and the Beautiful and may have to jump to that thread if things don't pick up on the Y&R.

RVcook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 12:17 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
OK petty complaints to follow:

The snow and ice on the sidewalk at the church. Really? They didn't even make any attempt to show it had been shoveled ( like it would be in real life) and Victoria CARRYING the baby in that snow and ice in high heels- no stroller or carrier and then after the ceremony Stitch takes the baby from Victoria and says "I"ll put her in her carrier".

It still bothers me that the women are bare armed in the middle of snowy Wisconsin winter--I don't care when it was filmed.

I wanted to see the christening gown. I design and make one of a kind christening gowns and I was hoping they would at least make some effort to show it since they have talked about it frequently for weeks.

what on earth is going on with Slimey Joe?

Old 01-30-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

The snow and ice on the sidewalk at the church. Really? They didn't even make any attempt to show it had been shoveled ( like it would be in real life) and Victoria CARRYING the baby in that snow and ice in high heels- no stroller or carrier and then after the ceremony Stitch takes the baby from Victoria and says "I"ll put her in her carrier".

It still bothers me that the women are bare armed in the middle of snowy Wisconsin winter--I don't care when it was filmed.

I wanted to see the christening gown. I design and make one of a kind christening gowns and I was hoping they would at least make some effort to show it since they have talked about it frequently for weeks.

Not petty NK...completely agree. While there could be ice and snow on the sidewalk to some extent, it was the NO carrier part that got me. Any woman with a lick of sense, would carry her infant in the carrier, especially with all the ice and snow! And believe it or not, there are many women who think nothing of having bare arms in the middle of a snowy Wisconsin winter...crazy hey?

Oh...and I think I'm going to start calling Slimey Joe "Rico Suave" (for those of you who remember the 90s ). He sure acts like it (insert vomit emoticon here).

Old 01-30-2015, 03:36 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,406,521 times
So Jack knew that they wanted to speak to Phyllis. But I don't think he knew that she would be arrested as soon as they got back to the house. Of course, Phyllis feels that Jack knew and betrayed her.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:30 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,162,840 times
Default A little slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVcook View Post
When I saw the coming attractions and there was a snippet of that scene, I too was surprised. Unfortunately, it was only a dream

I'm assuming that because there has been little activity here, aside from your post CoolG, the past two days the episodes were boring for everyone like they were for me...yawn. Been watching the Bold and the Beautiful and may have to jump to that thread if things don't pick up on the Y&R.

RVcook
RV, it has been a little slow going on the show, nothing much happening - snoozefest. That opening scene did catch my attention though. Yeah, too bad it was a dream I'm sure things will pick up soon. Don't jump to the Bold and the Beautiful thread - you will be missed here

Old 01-30-2015, 08:33 PM

Default Christening

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

I haven't watched the christening episode yet, but I've always wondered why sometimes during an obvious winter day, the women of Genoa are dressing like they are at a garden party in the middle of summer with their "summer" dresses on. I guess that wintry clothes aren't that sexy - sweaters, pants, coats, etc.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Not petty NK...completely agree. While there could be ice and snow on the sidewalk to some extent, it was the NO carrier part that got me. Any woman with a lick of sense, would carry her infant in the carrier, especially with all the ice and snow! And believe it or not, there are many women who think nothing of having bare arms in the middle of a snowy Wisconsin winter...crazy hey?

Oh...and I think I'm going to start calling Slimey Joe "Rico Suave" (for those of you who remember the 90s ). He sure acts like it (insert vomit emoticon here).

I remember Rico Suave, but I've forgotten who sang the song. Slimey Joe does remind me of Rico Suave. Good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
So Jack knew that they wanted to speak to Phyllis. But I don't think he knew that she would be arrested as soon as they got back to the house. Of course, Phyllis feels that Jack knew and betrayed her.
The quality of their relationship is not that great if Phyllis could so easily believe she's been betrayed by Jack.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
RV, it has been a little slow going on the show, nothing much happening - snoozefest. That opening scene did catch my attention though. Yeah, too bad it was a dream I'm sure things will pick up soon. Don't jump to the Bold and the Beautiful thread - you will be missed here
Oh don't worry...I'm not leaving, but it has been a real snoozefest to be sure! So many great storylines and they either just keep letting them die out or they get drawn out - one or the other. I do have a bit of hope since I saw Neil slug Devon in front of Hillary, so who knows what that's about?...can he see?...did he see them together?...did they tell him?...

Quote:
I haven't watched the christening episode yet, but I've always wondered why sometimes during an obvious winter day, the women of Genoa are dressing like they are at a garden party in the middle of summer with their "summer" dresses on. I guess that wintry clothes aren't that sexy - sweaters, pants, coats, etc.
It's fairly obvious that the writers have never been to Wisconsin . If they had come here last winter when we had 10 straight days of below 0 temps with 30 below windchills, those women would have been dressed in parkas, snowpack boots, insulated mittens and goggles. Yup...during Wisconsin winters we are famous for our "spin" on sexy...smh.

Quote:
I remember Rico Suave, but I've forgotten who sang the song. Slimey Joe does remind me of Rico Suave. Good one!

The quality of their relationship is not that great if Phyllis could so easily believe she's been betrayed by Jack.
Some rapper did that song, but it was Slimey Joe's move with his hand slicking back his hair that reminded me of that stupid song from so long ago. All he needs to complete the character is to unbutton his shirt, run his hand through his hair, lean back and have a bunch of women falling all over themselves to touch him. "Ri-co...Sua-vay!" YUCK!

Phyllis doesn't have a huge fan club right now and needs to resurrect the 'old' Phyllis who is more cunning and conniving than this one in order to go up against Kelly (who clearly has her 'game' on ). With no friends other than Jack, Summer and Michael, she really can't afford to alienate herself from anyone. Yep...still thinking it's Kelly and I'm sticking with that.

I'm also pretty happy with how this one is developing since the writers are portraying Kelly as a bigger wack-job than Phyllis. Loving the cuckoos .

RVcook

Old 01-31-2015, 08:08 PM

Default Snoozefest

Quote:
Oh don't worry...I'm not leaving, but it has been a real snoozefest to be sure! So many great storylines and they either just keep letting them die out or they get drawn out - one or the other. I do have a bit of hope since I saw Neil slug Devon in front of Hillary, so who knows what that's about?...can he see?...did he see them together?...did they tell him?...

It's fairly obvious that the writers have never been to Wisconsin . If they had come here last winter when we had 10 straight days of below 0 temps with 30 below windchills, those women would have been dressed in parkas, snowpack boots, insulated mittens and goggles. Yup...during Wisconsin winters we are famous for our "spin" on sexy...smh.

Some rapper did that song, but it was Slimey Joe's move with his hand slicking back his hair that reminded me of that stupid song from so long ago. All he needs to complete the character is to unbutton his shirt, run his hand through his hair, lean back and have a bunch of women falling all over themselves to touch him. "Ri-co...Sua-vay!" YUCK!

Phyllis doesn't have a huge fan club right now and needs to resurrect the 'old' Phyllis who is more cunning and conniving than this one in order to go up against Kelly (who clearly has her 'game' on ). With no friends other than Jack, Summer and Michael, she really can't afford to alienate herself from anyone. Yep...still thinking it's Kelly and I'm sticking with that.

I'm also pretty happy with how this one is developing since the writers are portraying Kelly as a bigger wack-job than Phyllis. Loving the cuckoos .

RVcook
I'm glad you aren't leaving us - just keep the faith that the show will get more exciting and WHAT ABOUT Neil slugging Devon???? Finally, something seems to be happening because that storyline is just taking too long. All we see is Devon and Hillary feeling guilty about their afternoon delights, oh poor Neil we'll drive him to drink...etc.but that doesn't stop them from going at it every chance they get. And, Neil popping up at the worst moments as the two adulterers run around buttoning their clothes. I want that to end. Neil deserves better than to be seen like some old fool being cheated on.

If Y&R kept it realistic weather wise the women wouldn't be able to run around in skimpy summer clothes but wearing real Wisconsin winter clothes. When was the last time you saw Sharon or Ashley wearing long sleeves - that's right, it's been a while

Slimey Joe does fit the song Rico Suave (it's by Gerardo Mejia, who shockingly is 50 years old - I can't believe that! He was so young, but we were all young back then). I don't know how Avery ever was attracted to him. He's good looking and all but too full of it and think he is all that. That's why he keeps kissing her and even had the audacity to proposition her for one night - he would prove to her how much he loves her YUCK!

I am enjoying watching the two nutcases go after each other, but you may have a point about Kelly being the bigger wack-job than Phyllis. She has some deep seated stuff going on - I always thought she had some mental issues, but the extent of it I was never sure. The theory that she may have killed her own son is a real game changer

Old 01-31-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you aren't leaving us - just keep the faith that the show will get more exciting and WHAT ABOUT Neil slugging Devon???? Finally, something seems to be happening because that storyline is just taking too long. All we see is Devon and Hillary feeling guilty about their afternoon delights, oh poor Neil we'll drive him to drink...etc.but that doesn't stop them from going at it every chance they get. And, Neil popping up at the worst moments as the two adulterers run around buttoning their clothes. I want that to end. Neil deserves better than to be seen like some old fool being cheated on.
EXACTLY!!! LMAO!!!

Quote:
If Y&R kept it realistic weather wise the women wouldn't be able to run around in skimpy summer clothes but wearing real Wisconsin winter clothes. When was the last time you saw Sharon or Ashley wearing long sleeves - that's right, it's been a while
Let me tell ya...it's hard enough to find a decent looking dress in the state after Labor day so of course this is a mythical city! The only things you can find in Wisconsin this time of year are parkas, boots, sweatshirts and they are all imbued with the Packers logo. Hmmm...maybe Fenmore's has some slinky Packer's parkas...

Quote:
Slimey Joe does fit the song Rico Suave (it's by Gerardo Mejia, who shockingly is 50 years old - I can't believe that! He was so young, but we were all young back then). I don't know how Avery ever was attracted to him. He's good looking and all but too full of it and think he is all that. That's why he keeps kissing her and even had the audacity to proposition her for one night - he would prove to her how much he loves her YUCK!
His behavior only shows Avery how desperate and pathetic he is. And what the hey?...she should know better than to indulge him.

Quote:
I am enjoying watching the two nutcases go after each other, but you may have a point about Kelly being the bigger wack-job than Phyllis. She has some deep seated stuff going on - I always thought she had some mental issues, but the extent of it I was never sure. The theory that she may have killed her own son is a real game changer
Tossing that one out for thought, only thinking that if she was crazy enough to poison herself, she certainly could be capable of poisoning her own son for the attention. You are SO right CoolG...she has some seriously deep-seated stuff going on. Don't want to think in really dark terms, but something is just off with her... always has been.

OK...I've got another one for y'all...there has been some speculation (on other soap boards) that it was Kelly who ran down Deliah. I guess it could be possible since we STILL don't know her backstory...only that Billy met her at a grief group...

And how about Victor 'supposedly' backing out of the warehouse deal??? Don't know what to make of that.

RVcook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV