Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 07:07 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I'm with you, not impressed at all! Violet seems stalker cracked-Jason looks like he may be in serious trouble. They killed Warlow off so fast, this whole last episode felt rushed. And about the HepV infected vampires, shouldn't they have just died? Poor Nora and that other vamp Eric discovered in the gen-pop cell, died very quickly after being infected with hepV, they were totally incapacitated the short time before they died too-they were in no state to go raping and pillaging. Those vamps didn't look sick, they did look like zombies. Jeez, what's next?
Nora was injected with the virus which means it effected her differently. The other vampires have ingested it so the amount of time it takes the virus to spread and incapacitate them is probably longer. We don't know the amount of time the vamps who contracted Hep V and were dying in the camp had had it, but you have to also consider that those camps were drinking it every day for several days at least. Whereas the infected vamps in the outside world likely only drank a bottle, maybe two before being notified that it was not safe to consume. Not consuming as much also probably led to a slower progression of the disease.

That's my guess at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 08:06 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
I was thinking the same thing with the hep v vamps, why aren't they dead? Then I was thinking in real life if there is an outbreak, there is a percent that dies but others that survive with issues. They did mention that 1/8 died off. Plus the hep V might be weakened s it spreads. So the vamps in the facility that drank the infected tru blood most likely died off but anyone they infected was aa weaker or mutated strain etc.

This is from too many years of reading apocalyptic fiction....

I thought this episode was one of the better ones this specific season sadly. This whole season felt rushed and long at the same time. Rushed in the good parts and long in the bad parts. I don't mind the fast forwarding part to see how much they changed. It was refreshing to see that and hope the next season is better. I think Pam somehow rescues Eric as they never showed her. I also like the Sookie and Alcide relationship. I liked how Jessica is trying to make amends. But that whole "let me feed you baby girl!" scene was so over the top. I know that's her character but my goodness gracious talk about overkill! lol I cringed. But the part beforehand was good though, the whole apology till the let me feed you....stop. just stop!

I will watch next season but this season was very unsatisfying on the whole. I hope they get it together and improve next season!

Old 08-19-2013, 08:21 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
There were just so many things I didn't get. Why don't towns take precautions and set up traps? Those hep v vampires were just walking in - fire traps, light traps, funnel them in so they can be shot....why does each person need the protection of regular vamp? What's one vamp going to do against a crowd? And won't that vamp get exposed to hep V? That was the craziest idea.

Apparently Bill doesn't want to have Taka what's his name find a cure? He could approach him as if it were a new idea now.

How did Grampa Niall suddenly find the right spot and manage to come out of wherever it was?

I've only really liked the first season, this season isn't any worse that 2-?. Season 2 was I think the worst. But this season does feel rushed and it all has gotten sort of ridiculous. I wonder if the actor playing Eric was like "pluuuuueeezzze write me out"

Old 08-19-2013, 09:15 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Last night was ALL over the place. Sam for mayor?? Really? Why?

Warlow was this fierce unstoppable scary vampire who then suddenly was dashing and charismatic to a total S.O.B. and all they had to do was nab him in the bathroom portal and stake him? W. T. H.????

I'm with you lilred--those didn't look like sick vampires. When I first saw them the first thing that came to mind was zombies. I thought the virus killed the vampires immediately. How long did Nora last with the virus? One day, if that?

Old 08-19-2013, 12:28 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,177 times
was there full frontal nudity? everybody at work is talking about it. i don't watch the show but the women were going crazy. personally i don't find him (Alexander Skarsgard) to be all that.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
was there full frontal nudity? everybody at work is talking about it. i don't watch the show but the women were going crazy. personally i don't find him (Alexander Skarsgard) to be all that.

They didn't show his crotch area. He was completely nude but you never saw "it".

At least I didn't.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:49 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
They didn't show his crotch area. He was completely nude but you never saw "it".

At least I didn't.
i wasn't checking for anything, but the wife said she saw "it."

Old 08-19-2013, 01:27 PM

431 posts, read 446,792 times
Yeah, I saw it lol. It was quick, but you do.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:29 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,030,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
My wife claims to have seen "it" as well.

Regardless, I hope the character of Eric is not dead. That would be a really stupid way for him to go.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
My wife claims to have seen "it" as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meg31816 View Post
Yeah, I saw it lol. It was quick, but you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

Daaaaaaaaang it!!! I just remember him getting up and then flames. Never saw it--it looked kind of dark in that area. Thank goodness for DVR! I'll have to play it back LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV