Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 10:32 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I can't wait for Alcide and Quinn to be introduced! Who do you think should be cast for their parts?
My opinion:
Alcide - David Boreanaz
Quinn - Vin Diesel.
David would work for Alcide, but Vin is too short.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 01:56 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,253,010 times
This is why I watch True Blood:

YouTube - Lafayette

Old 08-24-2009, 02:44 PM

111 posts, read 235,265 times
Default Jason

How hilarious was Jason, with everyone going insane around him, saying, "There's a new waitress at Merlottes?"

Old 08-24-2009, 02:47 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,259,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra23 View Post
How hilarious was Jason, with everyone going insane around him, saying, "There's a new waitress at Merlottes?"
I laughed out loud at that comment. Jason's back to his old self.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:08 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,914 times
LOL I did too, tigerlily. And for Jason and Andy, that little flare trick was really brillant.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:49 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,984 times
Found some gossip on Anna and Stephen, some cute photos and commentary on the show by Lainey. I'm sure we all agree with her take on the Maryann crap!

Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer at trapeze with his daughter

Old 08-24-2009, 04:22 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,154,880 times
Oh my gosh! I love watching shows that make me laugh out loud.

1. Jason, Andy and Sam (yelling "Smite me mother f-er!") and then disappearing, then reappearing naked in an apron putting out the flares causing Andy to say, "that's my last drink".
2. Hoyt's uptight mama playing Wii.
3. Jason staplegunning that guy to the bar.
4. Next week's previews of the idiot zombies telling Marianne that God did in fact come and they sacrificed Sam...to which Marianne says, "what are you talking about?" Apparently you can take the clear eyes out of the rednecks but you can't take the redneck out of the zombies.

This show is so ridiculously over-the-top that it is funny. I appreciate the very dark humor.

I still don't get the fascination with Eric...but perhaps only because my first episode was Season 2, episode 1 where he was keeping Lafayette in the basement and then tore that other redneck guy to shreds. Not pretty. First impressions for me are everything and while I agree he IS better looking, I just don't get the "oohing and aahing" everytime he's in an episode.

So...the big question remains for these last 2 episodes. If Maryanne can't be killed, how are they going to get rid of her? Is Bill going to get the queen (who I can only assume is not dead) or is it going to be the Vamps that Eric will gather together (as the previews show Sam trying to get Eric to help) to get rid of all of this? Hopefully by the end of the season, Maryanne's story line will be over. I am well and truly tired of the zombie eyes and orgies. Although it was great to see everyone back in Bon Temps as I was even more sick of the Dallas storyline.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:04 PM

111 posts, read 235,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I laughed out loud at that comment. Jason's back to his old self.
Also, Jason as God: "You will have great weather and good crops."

Old 08-24-2009, 06:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
I just don't get the "oohing and aahing" everytime he's in an episode.
Must read the books.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:28 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Oh my gosh! I love watching shows that make me laugh out loud.

1. Jason, Andy and Sam (yelling "Smite me mother f-er!") and then disappearing, then reappearing naked in an apron putting out the flares causing Andy to say, "that's my last drink".
2. Hoyt's uptight mama playing Wii.
3. Jason staplegunning that guy to the bar.
4. Next week's previews of the idiot zombies telling Marianne that God did in fact come and they sacrificed Sam...to which Marianne says, "what are you talking about?" Apparently you can take the clear eyes out of the rednecks but you can't take the redneck out of the zombies.

This show is so ridiculously over-the-top that it is funny. I appreciate the very dark humor.

I still don't get the fascination with Eric...but perhaps only because my first episode was Season 2, episode 1 where he was keeping Lafayette in the basement and then tore that other redneck guy to shreds. Not pretty. First impressions for me are everything and while I agree he IS better looking, I just don't get the "oohing and aahing" everytime he's in an episode.

So...the big question remains for these last 2 episodes. If Maryanne can't be killed, how are they going to get rid of her? Is Bill going to get the queen (who I can only assume is not dead) or is it going to be the Vamps that Eric will gather together (as the previews show Sam trying to get Eric to help) to get rid of all of this? Hopefully by the end of the season, Maryanne's story line will be over. I am well and truly tired of the zombie eyes and orgies. Although it was great to see everyone back in Bon Temps as I was even more sick of the Dallas storyline.
You are seriously missing a lot of info without watching season 1, not just about Sookie and Bill, but all of the characters. I think there is a link floating around somewhere if you had extra time. It would be worth your while I think.

Love the #4! LOL Definitely can't take the redneck out of the zombie. And Hoyt's mama was cracking me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV