Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 10:39 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times

Advertisements

That sucks. DSM is one of the best shows on TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 11:12 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
DSM is one of the best on TV I hope this isn't true.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:20 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
I like DSM just for the entertainment.......but this week's story line has become so soap opera outrageous it was kind of a turn off

Old 11-21-2008, 12:10 PM

470 posts, read 1,841,819 times
i can't believe ABC is cancelling Eli Stone. I'm bummed. I look forward to watching every week. i could definitely see some other shows be canxed before this one.

ABC really dorked this one up.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:50 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,613,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
I can't believe they are canceling Eli Stone but still hyping Private Practice. Yuck.
I agree with you there about Private Practice. I was looking forward to seeing that show, but it really sucks. I tried and tried to get into it, but it's just so blah.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:59 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
OH MAN! I love love love DSM! damn damn damn! That sucks!

I'm going to stop watching tv soon and only read books. At least those won't let me down.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:09 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
OH MAN! I love love love DSM! damn damn damn! That sucks!

I'm going to stop watching tv soon and only read books. At least those won't let me down.

I'm with you on that. I read a lot of books already but the way TV shows are getting the ax I am about ready to wait for them to come out on DVD before I start watching new ones.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:52 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,832,292 times
A big YAY for that. I never could stand to watch them. But what are they replacing them with?
Now if the could axe thirty something, and most of the reality shows, that would be a start.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:13 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Pushing Daisies -- gone?

The reasons to keep cable TV are disappearing one by one. What's left that I watch? Heroes, Burn Notice, Stargate Atlantis, BG, and Psych.

BG is on its final ten episodes (in January), Stargate Atlantis is on its final four. Heroes is facing plummeting ratings and the firing of its writers. Eureka sold out to Unilever/Degree antiperspirant and lost one of its essential characters -- I don't care to watch anymore. David Tennant has left Doctor Who. Sanctuary was decent but has exactly one new episode left and then it's gone. At least Burn Notice and Psych are still going strong (in production right now so not on now).

Other than the occasional NFL or NBA game and CNBC, there's nothing else. I can't stand sitcoms, reality TV, endless cop shows, and prime time soap opera crap. I want my TV to be imaginative, inspiring, thought-provoking, and escapist.

Well done ABC. PD is a casualty of our dumbed down public and the crummy economy. It's too expensive and too intelligent. If it were dumber more people might understand it and it might be cheaper. But then it wouldn't be as good.

Absolute crap reality TV is so much cheaper and they can spoon feed it to the gurgling braindead masses.

It was surprising from the very beginning that a show as refreshing and joyous as Pushing Daisies could appear on network TV. If it were on cable it would be thriving right now.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:00 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,649,051 times
I agree! I am sick of the reality programming and the networks never want to give the audience a real chance to start watching a show. Plus, some of these shows take a while for the characters to develop. I am surprised that they didn't cancel Life on Mars, too. We figure that we should never start liking a show in this house, as when we do, it gets canceled!!!!!bummer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV