Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 03:59 PM

15 posts, read 24,049 times

Advertisements

but i wonder if they do split what about the kids? jons gone,so there will be major publicity for kate,who will jetset all over to the talk shows, and who takes care of the kids ,nannies? its sad those kids are their gravy train and they will be the ones who basically lose a dad and a mom,although i think off set kate does not spend alot of time with the kids,just my personal opinion...i also heard jon does not live with kate and the kids,that he stays in the new houses upstairs apt,says the neighbors and he will leave and go to his familys for days at a time,which i guess is when he goes to bars.....

Old 05-13-2009, 04:42 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,496,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorielynn View Post
but i wonder if they do split what about the kids? jons gone,so there will be major publicity for kate,who will jetset all over to the talk shows, and who takes care of the kids ,nannies? its sad those kids are their gravy train and they will be the ones who basically lose a dad and a mom,although i think off set kate does not spend alot of time with the kids,just my personal opinion...i also heard jon does not live with kate and the kids,that he stays in the new houses upstairs apt,says the neighbors and he will leave and go to his familys for days at a time,which i guess is when he goes to bars.....
Who knows what is going on with these people.

I looked at the People article. She goes on and on indignantly about how hurtful it is for rumors to be spread about them, which are of course untrue.

She said the bodyguard, and who knew she had one, and his family are dear friends--who love them and are a part of their family. Then she says that she is so upset that these rumors have affected their friends and she is so concerned that they are being harassed by the paparazzi.

I imagine that some sort of trust funds for the children have been established or some type of Foundation. I know very little about how wealthy people manage money but it seems likely that a financial planner and a team of accountants and attorneys are now involved. LOL--Kate said, 'It's only natural that you become close friends with people like your publicist, producer and crew because you spend so much time with them.'

All that aside--can you actually imagine Jon and Kate having a really romantic moment--ever?

Old 05-13-2009, 04:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
I assume they would share custody and continue to have a nanny as long as they can afford it.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I assume they would share custody and continue to have a nanny as long as they can afford it.
And I'm pretty sure the kids know that 'Mommy and Daddy' aren't getting along very well. After all Daddy can't do anything right and that upsets Mommy.

Kate should hire a larger staff--why not? Housekeeper, handyman, pool boy and several maids and personal assistants for herself. She could ask Michelle Obama how large a staff she has and hire a few more.

'The Devil Wore Prada'. That lady was nasty but a real humanitarian compared to what might be expected of anyone employed by Kate Gosselin.

I have no clue about how much money they must make from the show. I would think that every time an episode is rerun the profits increase--double, triple or more?

Then there are the sponsors whose products are used and worn in the show. There is just no way to imagine how much the Gap and other corporations pay these people. Any attorney chosen by Kate would be 'very competent' and certainly demand top dollar for his client and himself.

Since the kids are proof of her exceptional genetic gifts I believe she will provide well for them. Train them to live up to their fullest potential--as a 'Single' Mom. This will be even better. So much more wisdom to be shared with the starving masses.

Several of the kids will need to receive doctorates in some field and the others will need to distinguish themselves in other ways--athletics or business or The Arts.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:38 PM

if jon and kate seperate of course she will milk that (poor me and 8 kids all alone )routine for all its worth..even more publicity for poor kate!!but what about those kids and what they will have to deal with at school..its hard enough on kids without the details made public by a show..either way these kids are in for a hard life ,epecally if kate is alone because she will be very hard on them to excel to prove supermom can raise 8 kids on her own ,but their in for so much hurt

Old 05-14-2009, 03:42 AM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
People.com is reporting a possible split.......and of course, it is just Kate posing on the cover. It's sad.
Kate was on Showbiz Tonight; it looks like the mention of separating is a done deal, not just something being considered. How sad that these children are going to have to go through this.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
if jon and kate seperate of course she will milk that (poor me and 8 kids all alone )routine for all its worth..even more publicity for poor kate!!but what about those kids and what they will have to deal with at school..its hard enough on kids without the details made public by a show..either way these kids are in for a hard life ,epecally if kate is alone because she will be very hard on them to excel to prove supermom can raise 8 kids on her own ,but their in for so much hurt
Don't forget that Kate now has a staff of professionals--nanny, bodyguard and a publicist and probably more. The kids will possibly be in school all day next year--I don't know that for a fact but Kate will have more time for herself. They have probably established routines enough that the children will adapt.

The kids have to know that their parents aren't getting along--a huge understatement from what I've read.

I really think Kate has little more than contempt for Jon and I don't want to hear another season's worth of 'Jon didn't, Jon should' and the 'Why Must I Be the Only One Who Can Do Anything Properly?'.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:38 AM

she really makes me sick....i read somewhere that when she got the puppies(the show paid of course) she insisted on picking the kennel and chose one that was very expensive of course...tlc paid 4800.00 for those 2 pups!!!!!!!!i rarley watch the show anymore either because im just sick of them out buying furnature(the show pays for)and kate complains, going on trips(free) and kate complains,looking for a nanny or house keeeper(free) and kate complains....she is just a ***** and it sickens me...when the show stated she was poorer,,more loving with jon and the kids and more down to earth,more real... i perfer to watch table for 12...those kids are not rehearsed..there real kids acting up like real kids do...real parents who dont expect perfection or free free free stuff..they tell it like it is and are a true family and dont put each other down all the time..they work together...jon and kates kids are more adorable but table for 12 is sort of like jon and kate when they started...hopefully they wont go downhill like jon and kate and can keep it real...

Old 05-14-2009, 08:38 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,386,093 times
You know, I was thinking about this and while I like Jon & Kate, I think they may have gotten themselves into quite a predicament with this mansion of a house.

We all know this show will not go on forever, but its the show that enables them to afford the lifestyle they have. But if the show ends, how will they affird this house? Even if its paid off, annual taxes and maintenance would be a fortune and even if Jon went back to his IT job, he'd never be able to afford that house.

I jsut don't know how they'll be able to maintain this lifestyle after the show ends. And I think they recognize this and will keep it going as long as they can. And maybe to the detriment of their marriage. Which is sad.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:53 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
You know, I was thinking about this and while I like Jon & Kate, I think they may have gotten themselves into quite a predicament with this mansion of a house.

We all know this show will not go on forever, but its the show that enables them to afford the lifestyle they have. But if the show ends, how will they affird this house? Even if its paid off, annual taxes and maintenance would be a fortune and even if Jon went back to his IT job, he'd never be able to afford that house.

I jsut don't know how they'll be able to maintain this lifestyle after the show ends. And I think they recognize this and will keep it going as long as they can. And maybe to the detriment of their marriage. Which is sad.
I was wondering that too. I was also wondering, if all this trouble has been brewing for a while, why they bought that big house. Perhaps they were in denial that they really could split up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV