Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 06:15 PM

15 posts, read 24,049 times

Advertisements

thats what i read..kate came to him with a agrreement that he could do what he wanted as well as she could,and they would not divorce or act seperated for the sake of the show.and he signed it in front of a notery...but he is living upstairs unless she is away then he is with the kids...and she knew about the other woman but just didnt care....because from what i read she is not so inocent jon thought she was messing around right before she came to hi m with talk of the seperation and not with the bodyguard...

Old 05-16-2009, 07:06 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,496,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorielynn View Post
thats what i read..kate came to him with a agrreement that he could do what he wanted as well as she could,and they would not divorce or act seperated for the sake of the show.and he signed it in front of a notery...but he is living upstairs unless she is away then he is with the kids...and she knew about the other woman but just didnt care....because from what i read she is not so inocent jon thought she was messing around right before she came to hi m with talk of the seperation and not with the bodyguard...

If that is true then I am sorry for the family--but sometimes that happens and the world really doesn't have to end.

Anything would be better than tearing each other apart, jmo.

I suppose TLC had to find ways to make it 'interesting and exciting' for the viewers--honestly there is not much that caring for babies and toddlers that is that thrilling in those years they need structure and routine.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:23 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,682,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I was amazed to learn that the first book made the NY Times best seller list and the second has, too, IIRC.

Marketed by Zondervan, a Christian publisher and available at Walmart. Think of what they are really making. Then there is the new clothing line and more product lines to come I'm certain.

They still have 8 children that as time goes on seem to be becoming somewhat precocious and that would get old fast for me.

I suppose they are the typical upwardly mobile American family--I've known several and I got very tired of hearing about 'My, Insert Child's Name' --who had been rather rude or in teenage years really been a challenge. Yippee!!

Marriage and The Family. Wave the flag and all that.
This is why I do not give a rip about who gets married anymore. IMO marriage just is not as it once was. And yes I am catholic and yes I have an original marriage of 26 years.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:35 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
For those who care...

96.1 Kiss (http://kissnation.961kiss.com/freakshow/blog/2008/11/19/jon_and_kate_plus_8s_new_house - broken link)

Dont ask me how they can afford it...obviously from money they make of the show "sigh" If only we could all live that well.
My guess is that its only going to be Kate and the childrens house now. She sounds like she is on the brink of kicking him to the curb.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
This is why I do not give a rip about who gets married anymore. IMO marriage just is not as it once was. And yes I am catholic and yes I have an original marriage of 26 years.

I think it is very difficult these days to live, period.

My own parents struggled/fought and that is hard on everyone. So I don't feel I am in a position to be overly critical of this couple/family or others.

Idealism is preferable to cynicism and if plans must change --pick up and go on. That is about all I know.

I know that what is available to me on TV is a warped view of society--why is it that we are so 'fixated' on all the ills that plague mankind. Whatever this family does I realize I must be more selective of what I watch.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
My guess is that its only going to be Kate and the childrens house now. She sounds like she is on the brink of kicking him to the curb.
I imagine that Jon and Kate were able to secure some good legal advice prior to beginning this journey--'The Family Business'. Kate said she asked the children--lol--if they preferred to have a 'normal' family--Mom and Dad working outside the home and kids in daycare or to continue to develop the 'Family Business'--the kids want to continue.

I would, too.

ETA:
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/05...in-party-city/
Here's a new link--'A Trip to Party City in Reading, PA'/a new episode being filmed on Saturday. They have balloons and birthday party items--the kids birthday was May 10. The kids seem to have really grown--lol--all the organic food. Kate has one of the boys by the hand in one pic and he doesn't look too happy. Soon they will tower over her and may not choose to stand in TimeOut.
I don't envy her.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-17-2009 at 09:51 AM..

Old 05-17-2009, 02:22 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
I wonder if she'll make them dress alike until they leave for college.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:25 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,512,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I wonder if she'll make them dress alike until they leave for college.
Oh she is going to make sure they never leave. If they leave how will she support herself?

Old 05-17-2009, 04:22 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Oh she is going to make sure they never leave. If they leave how will she support herself?
OH my guess is she is packing it away, I know I would if I were her. If Jon is going to leave her, there won't be much left of his paycheck after he pays child support and posibly alimony depending on the state they live in.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:03 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,517,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I hate that show....Jon and Kate are like nails on a chalkboard to me. They are phonies and con artists in my opinion, and they should be arrested for exploiting their children. Even more pathetic is how these phonies try to act like they are "Christians." I've read a lot of articles about them and it seems they are very rude people in person, they go to a lot of speaking engagements and won't even talk to people afterwards, they do not allow any pictures to be taken, and this is because they SELL pictures of themselves and their family for 20 BUCKS!!! Who do these people think they are that people would want to pay 20 bucks for a picture of them? I can't wait until that show crashes and burns already. I hope they're saving some of that money they're spending on million dollar homes and fancy vacations for the therapy their kids are going to need someday!

And somebody tell Jon to grow and set and stop being barked at and ordered around by his wife!

When my wife puts that show on, I leave the room anymore.
You shouldn't allow that show on in your home. It is mind pollution. Who could watch that witch yelling at her husband all the time?
I fail to see the interest in watching a big family. Can't people just go out to the local park and see this stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV