Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 01:19 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times

Advertisements

Was it 100 rupees the teams had to collect? If so, that is less than $2 in US money. Also, because India is so populated, there are many wealthy people as well as the enormous poverty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 01:26 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,577,840 times
yes, it was 100 rupees.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:08 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,167,485 times
oh...ok I stand corrected. Still it seems frivolous ,to me anyway, with all the obvious poverty. Also it seems more poverty than wealth. It looks to be a sad place to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Was it 100 rupees the teams had to collect? If so, that is less than $2 in US money. Also, because India is so populated, there are many wealthy people as well as the enormous poverty.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:36 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Every season, they have a team that goes to one of the poor countries and criticizes everything and everyone in it. Usually, it's along the lines of "yuck...look at all that garbage" or "these people smell." Thankfully, it seemed like last night most of the teams were really moved by the poverty they saw in India.

However...what is with Jaime and Cara? I am not sure why they feel it necessary to treat everyone (from the taxi drivers to the people giving them their next clue to the people who help at the challenges) like garbage. Who do they think they are? As someone who has literally traveled all around the world, nothing and I mean nothing, will get you into trouble faster or label you as an "ugly American" then acting like you are superior just because you're from the USA.

I'm not even sure if that's their problem (being American). I think they are just rude. It's a good rule of thumb that you can judge people by how they treat people like waiters and store workers. Everyone is always nice to their friends or people they are trying to impress but it says a lot about a person by how they treat someone who is serving them. I think I saw either Jaime or Cara (not sure which one...they are interchangeable) actually smack their taxi driver on the shoulder when they couldn't find him.

For that reason alone, I want them off. Even more than the brothers who are some of the worst clue readers in the Amazing Race history.
They categorize themselves as "Former NFL Cheerleaders" - I suspect their lofty behavior isn't just because they are from the USA and traveling abroad. I suspect this is how they treat everyone that is 'beneath' them (which is pretty much everyone).

Old 03-24-2009, 10:04 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
oh man. I didn't get to see it. I was sick and barely remember Sunday night and my DVR tape of it is filled w/ 60 minutes instead!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:25 AM

269 posts, read 913,987 times
My DVR was 60 Minutes too ... I wish they would come up with a fix for that. During football season I had everything set to tape until 1030 at night to avoid missing Amazing Race .. I forgot about stupid Basketball ... now I hate the sport even more!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:29 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,417,496 times
I had it on DVR and watched it last night. Sorry Nicole my wasn't filled with 60 min but I'm on the west coast.
Tammy & Victor are so spoiled. The comment when he said when his dad see's him doing manual labor he won't believe it. They for sure don't need the money.
I think Mike & Mark (the brothers) did that challenge only to prove that they are the strong ones even though they're small. They would have went home if the girls didn't have the extra road block.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:32 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
Who went home?

Old 03-24-2009, 11:33 AM

269 posts, read 913,987 times
Bella your comment made me think of something with Tammy and Victor. Last week when they were doing the snow plow detour ... Tammy made a comment "I've never driven anything but a Mercedes Benz." ugh please get over yourself....but what I really caught was during that entire dialogue it really seemed like she was "trying to act" or something ... using a strange tone of voice and almost measured words. Made me wonder if they had to retape it or something and she was trying to get it right

Old 03-24-2009, 11:36 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,352,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
Who went home?
The flight attendants. I can never remember their names. One is Christie maybe??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV